HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TBN: Satan, Zhitnik look to opener vs. Sabres

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1280
TBN: Satan, Zhitnik look to opener vs. Sabres

Lot's of interesting quotes in this one.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...07/1059121.asp

Satan was surprised the Sabres let him go for nothing:

Quote:
"I was definitely surprised because I didn't think it was the best option for them," Satan said. "I knew about some of their options and what they might do, but I definitely didn't expect that one. I thought they were going to qualify me and then decide what they want, maybe trade me. I didn't expect they'd make me a free agent for nothing.

"But after I got off the phone (with Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier) I was excited because they basically gave me up for nothing and I went, all of a sudden, on the free market. So that made it exciting."
Miro also showed some class when asked to comment on Ruff:
Quote:
"I'm definitely looking forward to a new working relationship," Satan said, referring to Islanders coach Steve Stirling.
Zhitnik sounds like he appreciated his time here.
Quote:
"It was a great time here," Zhitnik said. "We had great runs in the playoffs. We were underdogs all the time, but we had a lot of good teams. We stuck together all the way until the end."
Contrary to Alex's other statements on the matter, I think it's safe to conclude his decision was driven by money.
Quote:
"I don't want to say what Buffalo offered, but I took the best deal. . . . I got four years, the deal that I wanted."
I don't have any doubt he would have signed with whatever team offered him the best deal.

Closed Thread