HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Well, time for new skates...

Old
06-26-2011, 12:56 AM
The Spicy Shrimp

vCash: 500
Well, time for new skates...

I really liked my 6Ks, but since my eyelets are all rusted out (the shop that replaces them charges enough (6 bucks a pop) that replacing them all would be pointless when I could get new skates for the same price) and because they began to hurt/break down in other ways recently, I find myself in the market again. I'd like to stick to Reebok (maybe go half a size down, 8.5 instead of 9) because I like the fit, the pump, and the lace lock, but don't want to deal with bad eyelets again. I dried my skates after every game and sticks and pucks, but they still all began to chip and rust. Does anyone know if the new Reeboks have better eyelets? Or are they still using cheap, weak steel? Are there any brands that use better quality materials in eyelets? Do any brands use brass? I'm looking at the Bauer Supreme One 60s and the CCM U+ 06s as well. Anyone have experience with those or recommendations for other quality mid range skates? Thanks!

The Spicy Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
The Spicy Shrimp

Went with Easton EQ30s. Heat mold has them fitting like a glove. Should get out skating on em next week.

Old
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
AIREAYE

Let us know how they feel

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:23 PM
rk50

I posted this in the best skate thread but got no replies so here goes...

Can anyone recommend a pair of comfortable inline skates?

I've been wearing a pair of Tour cobalt 8.8s for over 2 years now and I just can't get comfortable in them. I originally got them because they have the wheel channel that allows me to use all 80 mm wheels (not a big fan of hi/lo or using different sized wheels). Anyways, every game I'm fighting sore feet and ankles. Either sore on top or the sides or they even get numb and fall asleep. I have to tie/untie to make them looser or tighter all the time. I've tried everything from new soles, new laces, different socks, different wheels, tieing them differently and nothing works.

If it helps I have slightly wider and flat feet. Also looking to keep the price under $200 if possible.

rk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Thepandamancan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk50 View Post
I posted this in the best skate thread but got no replies so here goes...

Can anyone recommend a pair of comfortable inline skates?

I've been wearing a pair of Tour cobalt 8.8s for over 2 years now and I just can't get comfortable in them. I originally got them because they have the wheel channel that allows me to use all 80 mm wheels (not a big fan of hi/lo or using different sized wheels). Anyways, every game I'm fighting sore feet and ankles. Either sore on top or the sides or they even get numb and fall asleep. I have to tie/untie to make them looser or tighter all the time. I've tried everything from new soles, new laces, different socks, different wheels, tieing them differently and nothing works.

If it helps I have slightly wider and flat feet. Also looking to keep the price under $200 if possible.
If you're wider at the top than the ankles (your foot looks like this kinda \ /), I'd go with the Vapor RX20s. The only thing is, you're gonna need to buy a pair of superfeet or shock doctor insoles so that it's comfy.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:58 PM
AIREAYE

No one can tell you what would fit comfortable except for you. Go to a retailer and try on as many pairs as possible.

If you don't have a retailer nearby and have money to spend on risk-taking, I'd go for Reeboks

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
jwitz04

vapor x:30's. Just switched from 9ks to these and they're awesome..most comfy skate i've ever owned, definitely gonna stick with bauer forever now as far as skates

jwitz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 02:06 PM
rk50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
No one can tell you what would fit comfortable except for you. Go to a retailer and try on as many pairs as possible.

If you don't have a retailer nearby and have money to spend on risk-taking, I'd go for Reeboks
I know and thats my plan. Just want to know what brands i should target with a rep of being very comfortable. Was probably leaning towards bauer.

rk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
The Spicy Shrimp

They're definitely new. A little bit of pain first time out. I got them a little narrow because my last pair stretched out a good amount, so I had to figure out how tight to lace them. Aside from getting tired quick because I had not been out in a couple weeks, I like them a good deal. Very light, very responsive, picked up speed very quickly. Just have to break them in a little bit more. They're drying pretty fast too. I think I'm going to like them a bunch.