HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Would you ask an enforcer for a signature if...

Old
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
I've had the opportunity to meet several Panthers through the years, with the enforcers far and away being the nicest. Worrell, Hordi, and Laus are some great guys.

I was managing a Blockbuster Video in college when my employee called me over to look at an account (had an issue that turned out to be our fault), I walked over to see Laus' name on the screen, and looked up to see my favorite player. I managed a "hey Paul" and he smiled and said hello. I took care of the issues, talked to him about movies, and wished him well. He came in often, and we struck up a friendship. Still keep in touch.

Only time I asked for anything from any of the guys was when they were doing a fan event. Miss those days...and those were the days we were making the playoffs, too.

06-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Slats432

No, but I gave MacIntyre a penalty in summer rec hockey last week. (Not kidding)

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432 View Post
No, but I gave MacIntyre a penalty in summer rec hockey last week. (Not kidding)
He rules, my absolute favorite fighter, I wish he'd come back to FL.

Hey, is he any good? I'm probably the only one on the entire forum under the impression that he might just be able to handle that lil black piece of rubber.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
sayheykid

I wouldn't ask anyone for an autograph, but I'm not an eight year old or a crummy memorabilia dealer.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post
Lets assume you'll meet an enforcer after hes lost a fight and the game, having to chance of asking him for a signature?

I mean, imagine standing in front of a Parros, Big Mac or Scott when they are pissed, sounds scary right?

Personally I still would, the worst thing maybe them saying no or not yet.
Domi and Probert signed their rookie cards for me after a game they lost a fight and lost the game.

Like someone said, they fight to survive in the NHL because they can't get it done on skill to stay there, but most of them are very nice people.

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Fighter
Legend

If he'd look visibly pissed I wouldn't ask simply because I would feel inappropriate. I don't think that many of them get pissed because they lost a hockey fight though, so I guess 99% of the times I'd ask for it.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
If the guy isn't in the mood to give autographs they probably won't make themself available for it. If they're in an area fans can talk to them and they don't want to do it they'll just tell you no.

Some guy isn't going to punch you for asking for an autograph, he would go to jail for assault. Even if you're a really annoying fan and keep asking after they decline it you still wouldn't get punched.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
He rules, my absolute favorite fighter, I wish he'd come back to FL.

Hey, is he any good? I'm probably the only one on the entire forum under the impression that he might just be able to handle that lil black piece of rubber.
Yeah Mac absolutely rules. When other heavyweights are afraid of fighting you...you've done an unbelievable job.

Hes my favorite enforcer too followed by Engeland and Thornton.

Quote:
If he'd look visibly pissed I wouldn't ask simply because I would feel inappropriate. I don't think that many of them get pissed because they lost a hockey fight though, so I guess 99% of the times I'd ask for it.
Thats my take on it too, if hes visible real pissed I wouldn't ask just for the fact of not further ticking him off.

Quote:
If the guy isn't in the mood to give autographs they probably won't make themself available for it. If they're in an area fans can talk to them and they don't want to do it they'll just tell you no.

Some guy isn't going to punch you for asking for an autograph, he would go to jail for assault. Even if you're a really annoying fan and keep asking after they decline it you still wouldn't get punched.
Agreed I don't think they'd punch you but if you annoy them more and more they'll become more pissed a knowledgeable fan should know when to stop asking for it.

Enforcers are often crowd favorites so I give them huge credit for showing up after losing a fight and the game.

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2011, 10:55 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
True Story...had great seats in the lower bowl at a Kings game. Craig Johnson (who played for them at the time) sat down next to me. I recognized him and very non-schalont asked if he was in fact Craig Johnson and he replied yes. I didn't get stupid and talked about how great i thought he was or how big of a fan i was (mainly becasue he wasnt that great and i wasnt that big of a fan) but i simply asked why he was out (he was out with an injury at the time) and he replied that it was an eye injury and i just said oh ok...i talked to him like i would have any other person. At the end of our convo i simply asked if he could sign me and my friends ticket stub before he left and he replied with yes he would. As the period began to wind down i pulled my ticke stub out and got my friends and had them in my hand out in plain sight, just to be ready. Now him and i were shoulder to shoulder so it was blatantly obvious i was holding my tickets...

THE SON OF A ***** GOT UP AND LEFT AT THE END OF THE PERIOD AND WALKED AWAY, DIDNT SAY A WORD TO ME OR ANYTHING JUST GOT UP AND LEFT. Kinda of an *******....

so yes, i asked for the signature of a player that was kind of an enforcer.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 05:08 PM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I ran into Andrew Peters a day after Matt Johnson knocked his ass out, had no trouble asking and getting his autograph.

aylib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 648
In most cases i would rather meet an enforcer then a skilled player.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:32 PM
mst666

I took my son to a Phoenix Coyotes practice(favorite team). Carcillo flipped a puck over the boards for my son to get. Later on before the practice was up, he went down and talked with Carcillo and Fedoruk, to which Carcillo asked him if he was going to come out on the ice and play with them. Fedoruk then said the last thing he would need would to be to learn to play like Carcillo. It was a good time for both of us, Carcillo being one of our favorite players. One of the nicest players I've ever met.

The one guy who is an enforcer, I thought was rather rude was BizNasty. Don't care for him on the ice either.

Win or lose I don't have an issue approaching Enforcers. Star players I think would have there panties in a bunch more so in the event of a loss.

mst666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:42 PM
MasqueOfTheRedDeath*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Didn't an enforcer sign an autograph while in the penalty box after losing a fight?
I watched Downey do it in Providence years back although he won by quite a margin in this fight.

MasqueOfTheRedDeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:20 PM
empireautographscom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
I wouldn't ask anyone for an autograph, but I'm not an eight year old or a crummy memorabilia dealer.

LOL we arent all bad guys. There are good and bad in everything in the world, like everything else the few bad guys give everybody a bad name.

I do it mostly because it allows me to stay at home with my daughter who has kidney disease, I found this to be less stress then working my chef job.

Everybody is allowed to have there own opinion though

empireautographscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:39 PM
molsonmuscle360

Your more likely to get snubbed or yelled at by a scorer or goalie who's had an off night I'd think. Enforcers need to stay fairly relaxed, if they were amped up all the time they would fizzle out mentally really fast.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:56 PM
empireautographscom

Remember getting up to Seguin during the finals after game 1 when they lost, he was almost crying he was like come on man we just lost the game and walked away.. It was pretty funny to see

Old
06-30-2011, 09:58 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
I asked Chris Simon for an autograph when I was 11 and he told me to **** off

So yeah

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:11 PM
empireautographscom

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
I asked Chris Simon for an autograph when I was 11 and he told me to **** off

So yeah
Yea Simon was never really a nice guy, had mixed luck with him over the years.

Old
07-01-2011, 01:43 AM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by empireautographscom View Post
Yea Simon was never really a nice guy, had mixed luck with him over the years.
I forgot that jerk existed.

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:19 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglepride View Post
Lets assume you'll meet an enforcer after hes lost a fight and the game, having to chance of asking him for a signature?

I mean, imagine standing in front of a Parros, Big Mac or Scott when they are pissed, sounds scary right?

Personally I still would, the worst thing maybe them saying no or not yet.
I think asking for a fighters autograph after just losing a fight would bring some immediate perspective to who he is and what he does.

It would probably bring a smile to the mans face.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Sure. Our boy Colton's a great guy off the ice!

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Cullksinikers

After a morning skate in Nashville this year, I talked with John Scott for a minute. He signed one of their practice pucks for me (didn't feel like having him on the Leddy puck). If I could compare him to one thing, I'd go with a teddy bear. I asked told him how awesome the Westgarth fight was even though that's not all that he's about. John Scott is a very nice guy.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote