HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going to happen to our team?

Old
06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
SK74 Snipes

vCash: 500
What's going to happen to our team?

Now with the possibility of losing players to free agency, not re-signing sully, O'brien etc.

We basically have No offense at all. Do you think the Preds at going to make some big moves? I'm just a little nervous about all these changes and roster moves. I think we need to lock up Kostitsyn, and get at least 1 more solid scorer...

What do you all think About all of this?

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Top 6 Spaling

This will be one of our busiest UFA days for sure. I think Poile will be doing some trading too. We'll see.

The other option is less appetizing to me. If Poile think next year is our best shot at a Cup, he could go with younger guys this year (Beck, Latta) to get them experience, and barely go above the cap floor. It'd be a rough year, but we'd turn a profit because of our low payroll. Then, we use that money to re-up Rinne and Suter +bring in a scorer. Add that to our better youngsters, and we could have a real shot for next year and years to come. Seems like a risk to me, but I could see it.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Jarnberg

I wouldn't expect an offense player signing as the market is bare and a number of teams have a good amount of cap space.

I would guess Weber is re-signed and the team re-signs Spaling, Halischuk and O'Reilly but pays them a bit more then intended. Ward will likely be brought back to "replace" losing Koistitsyn to UFA. Poile will then be done given the amount of overpaying above.

I would guess if Poile does anything he acquires another Koistitsyn like project in a hope of striking gold again. He will talk about having the younger players in camp battle it out for a spot and talk about how we always build from within and letting the youngsters have their time.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:37 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I think we need to wait until July 5th-ish to answer this question. Let's first see what we do tomorrow and see what the PA's ruling will be. Let's also wait until we can hammer out a deal with Weber and see what kind of coin this team has to play with.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I wouldn't expect an offense player signing as the market is bare and a number of teams have a good amount of cap space.

I would guess Weber is re-signed and the team re-signs Spaling, Halischuk and O'Reilly but pays them a bit more then intended. Ward will likely be brought back to "replace" losing Koistitsyn to UFA. Poile will then be done given the amount of overpaying above.

I would guess if Poile does anything he acquires another Koistitsyn like project in a hope of striking gold again. He will talk about having the younger players in camp battle it out for a spot and talk about how we always build from within and letting the youngsters have their time.
....and needing the core group to step up.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know the routine.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
SK74 Snipes

It kind of seems like were planning for next year..

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:50 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

I almost forgot that tomorrow is FA day ... start the hand wringing.

Sully was a shadow of his former self and not worth $3.75mil for his performance level ... the same goes for Dumont and his $4mil. SOB is expendable with Josi and possibly Ellis knocking on the door.

I don't see the QO issue probably doesn't result in the kids being UFAs. Tendered has always meant when the offer was made, not necessarily received. So minimal, if any, impact on Halischuk, SK, O'Reilly, and Spaling.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I think we need to wait until July 5th-ish to answer this question. Let's first see what we do tomorrow and see what the PA's ruling will be. Let's also wait until we can hammer out a deal with Weber and see what kind of coin this team has to play with.
so you'd rather be reactive rather than pro-active ... okay

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:17 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
so you'd rather be reactive rather than pro-active ... okay
Just trying to calm the panic. Here:

I think we should sign Cole and Upshall as well as Weber, SK, O'Reilly, and Spaling.

There.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Broom of the System

A healthy Simon Gagne would be an amazing signing. A true sniper that is fast and defensively responsible would be perfect for this team.

With that said, his health is certainly an issue, and with the weak UFA class he could be looking at a big payday.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:26 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

This is beginning to be almost as eventful as the fire sale offseason.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
This is beginning to be almost as eventful as the fire sale offseason.
Not quite. Not even close actually.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:51 PM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Sullivan won't be back that much is certain.
I'm hoping they can keep SK and Ward

O'Brien spends way too much time in the box. With Weber being 1st priority I doubt they'd go after guys like Kabarle (though I wish they do). Hopefully Laakso gets called up full time (and some of the Prospects get rotated in and out during the season)

you're right we do need another scorer (especially with Lombardi's uncertain status)

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 06:16 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Not quite. Not even close actually.
Well I wasn't being too serious, but this last week sure has had lots of drama. Hopefully the RFA situation works itself out then we'll be fine.

Old
06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Predator119

I would love to get a hold of Erik Cole and Tomas Fleischmann. Fleischmann missed time with a blood clot issue similar to Vokoun's, but he is totally healthy if he takes his meds.

Predator119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Legionnaire11

i'm expecting exactly ZERO signings tomorrow for the Preds. It took this many years, but I've finally come to the realization that we won't be signing anyone on day 1. Lucky for me, I don't have to suffer the disappointment that many of you will be feeling tomorrow

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
i'm expecting exactly ZERO signings tomorrow for the Preds. It took this many years, but I've finally come to the realization that we won't be signing anyone on day 1. Lucky for me, I don't have to suffer the disappointment that many of you will be feeling tomorrow
Haha, QFT

Nothing is final yet. I won't start panicking unless SK and O'Reilly both become UFAs and sign elsewhere.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:26 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Haha, QFT

Nothing is final yet. I won't start panicking unless SK and O'Reilly both become UFAs and sign elsewhere.
Heck, I won't even start panicking then...this team has a strange way of surprising me with "no namers" filling the gaps. Do I want SK and the others back? Absolutely! But if they don't come back, or at least some of them don't come back, I think we'll somehow manage.

I'm still hoping for the best from the arbiter's ruling. That would certainly make things easier.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:22 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Haha, QFT

I agree. I'll be quite pissed if they take off. I want to see some more of O'Reilly and I love SK74.

Old
07-01-2011, 12:41 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
2010-11 was a year of firsts....

maybe that translates into the off-season.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 12:45 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
+1

I haven't heard anything from Poile, or even read any rumors about us on Eklund or elsewhere, that indicates we might be doing anything exciting.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:49 AM
roseyc

Quote:
I'm in agreement with you I want to be shocked but I know I won't. They'll sign Spaling and O'Reilly and Halischuk and Sk if the RF thing blows over and later Weber but we don't need any offense so says our Coach he thinks we have enough offense
I didn't see any offense against the Nucks. Trotz doesn't like offense he doesn't know how to coach it so he doesn't like it

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:47 AM
BourqueBourqueBork

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I'm in agreement with you I want to be shocked but I know I won't. They'll sign Spaling and O'Reilly and Halischuk and Sk if the RF thing blows over and later Weber but we don't need any offense so says our Coach he thinks we have enough offense
I didn't see any offense against the Nucks. Trotz doesn't like offense he doesn't know how to coach it so he doesn't like it
Boy, Trotzy really must've hated 06-07 when we scored 272 goals (4th in the league).

No, it's not that Trotz doesn't like offense....Trotz doesn't like people who are defensive liabilities.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:10 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Boy, Trotzy really must've hated 06-07 when we scored 272 goals (4th in the league).

No, it's not that Trotz doesn't like offense....Trotz doesn't like people who are defensive liabilities.
That was probably the most fun I've ever had during a regular season, too.

Old
07-01-2011, 05:06 PM
TediT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post

He probably spent that whole year in a near cardiac arrest condition. I guess we could more accurately say that he's comfortable most years with little or no offensive success on the power play.

TediT is offline   Reply With Quote