HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dumont bought out

Old
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 788
Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:06 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Dumont isn't the same guy on ice who led this team in points. He took his hits, kept coming back, and if he was upset about the decline in his ice time and shift to lower lines he didn't go running to the press about it.

I would have preferred that he return to his previous level of play or that we could have found a trading partner, but, with those events not happening the buyout was the last option for the team. We simply can't pay $4mil for him to play on the 4th line again.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am. First buy-out of Poile's career right? Man, I wish Dumont could have gotten his game back this year. I still think he can bounce back with the right linemates, but it wasn't gonna happen here.

Hopefully we put the extra $1.3M to good use... might end up just going to our RFAs now.

Sucks that we have dead salary on the 12/13 roster. Would have been nice to just get it over with in a way. Not a big deal though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I still am. First buy-out of Poile's career right? Man, I wish Dumont could have gotten his game back this year. I still think he can bounce back with the right linemates, but it wasn't gonna happen here.

Hopefully we put the extra $1.3M to good use... might end up just going to our RFAs now.

Sucks that we have dead salary on the 12/13 roster. Would have been nice to just get it over with in a way. Not a big deal though.
has been said elsewhere that the cash is paid out all at once but the cap hit is spread over two years.

if true, then the 12/13 cap hit doesnt mean anything to us since it will already have been paid for

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
has been said elsewhere that the cash is paid out all at once but the cap hit is spread over two years.

if true, then the 12/13 cap hit doesnt mean anything to us since it will already have been paid for
Really? I didn't know that. I just assumed we continued sending him monthly paychecks or whatever for the next 2 years.

Yeah, if that's true then it doesn't matter.

Old
07-01-2011, 01:50 AM
KillerKampfer*

Shame the guy refused to waive his NTC very servicable player a couple years ago but obviously not worth it at the number he was slated to earn.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:33 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Shame the guy refused to waive his NTC very servicable player a couple years ago but obviously not worth it at the number he was slated to earn.
There are reports that he was willing to waive his NMC/NTC for certain teams but that a deal couldn't be worked out.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:55 AM
predfan98

Good luck JP...... He's a class guy and had those hard nasty hits and was never the same.

I hope to see him around Nashville and saw "hi and thank you."

Hard situation for him and the Preds. Go JP!!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Reviled*
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

It means that we'll need to spend less to stay at or below the midpoint for the 12/13 season; for revenue sharing purposes.

Reviled* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
It means that we'll need to spend less to stay at or below the midpoint for the 12/13 season; for revenue sharing purposes.
I'd like to get clarification because I've heard it both ways.

For revenue sharing purposes, do we use cap-hit or payroll for our calculations to the mid-point?