HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs interested in Hemsky.

Old
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Hemsky on an average year, if he played in all 82 games, scores 19 goals and 66 points. Considering he is UFA in a year and his injury history, his trade value is not huge.

Put it this way, overall I would rather have Gionta. Gionta is a better goal scorer and can stay health.
Could we have him for Palushaj and Carle, then...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_46 View Post
I think this is a pretty ridiculous comment...

Pretty sure Edmonton where 1 game away with a guy like Hemsky...
And I think the Habs have a way better team then Edmonton did when they went to the finals..
How many time are we gonna have to say that we need to get bigger and gritter up front ? It's not by keeping shorties like gomez and adding Hemsky in the top 6 that we're going to build a playoff team. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but we don't need more of these soft euros if we wanna build a real Playoff team.

That's just my opinion anyways and the way I see hockey. I know most of you like talent and talent alone.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
How many time are we gonna have to say that we need to get bigger and gritter up front ? It's not by keeping shorties like gomez and adding Hemsky in the top 6 that we're going to build a playoff team. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but we don't need more of these soft euros if we wanna build a real Playoff team.

That's just my opinion anyways and the way I see hockey. I know most of you like talent and talent alone.
Who exactly are our "soft euros" up front that adding a talent like Hemsky would become redundant?

Eller? Plekanec? Kostitsyn? Because those are our only 3 European forwards going into next season. And the "softest" one was the only player in the playoffs able to shutdown the eventual leading scorer, another "soft euro" btw.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Who exactly are our "soft euros" up front that adding a talent like Hemsky would become redundant?

Eller? Plekanec? Kostitsyn? Because those are our only 3 European forwards going into next season. And the "softest" one was the only player in the playoffs able to shutdown the eventual leading scorer, another "soft euro" btw.
Look, Plek is a good regular season center and Kostisyn his moments (Eller in still unproven), but I'm talking about guys able to bring it in the playoffs. And sadly, history shows us that many euros are not able to compete when the game gets tight in the playoff. Look at the sendins in the SCF ? Hemsky is just another euro with talent and yes He will prolly score 20ish goals (IF HE CAN PLAY MORE THEN 60 games). THAT'S redundant. But what when the playoffs start ? Are we gonna trust him with putting the puck in the net when it counts ? I don't think so. We need clutch playoff players if we wanna go anywhere near a SCF and a cup.

he scored 14 pts (6 goals) in 24 games in 2005-2006 playoffs, so he's in no way useless. But that was years ago and he got injured un bunch of times since then.

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Always loved Hemsky, but looking at what the Oilers got for Penner 1 thing is for sure we ain't gonna get Hemsky for cheap!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:19 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Look, Plek is a good regular season center and Kostisyn his moments (Eller in still unproven), but I'm talking about guys able to bring it in the playoffs. And sadly, history shows us that many euros are not able to compete when the game gets tight in the playoff. Look at the sendins in the SCF ? Hemsky is just another euro with talent and yes He will prolly score 20ish goals (IF HE CAN PLAY MORE THEN 60 games). THAT'S redundant. But what when the playoffs start ? Are we gonna trust him with putting the puck in the net when it counts ? I don't think so. We need clutch playoff players if we wanna go anywhere near a SCF and a cup.

he scored 14 pts (6 goals) in 24 games in 2005-2006 playoffs, so he's in no way useless. But that was years ago and he got injured un bunch of times since then.
Chara and Lidstrom say hello !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
Can't say I am surprised.

Another soft Euro who will fit right in our system.

Agreed.

Habs already have an underacheiving, overpaid, soft top-6 player - his name is Scott Gomez!

Hemsky has had injury problems these past 2 years!

Thanks, but no thanks!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Bieber fever

Thanks but no thanks

We have enough "skilled" player. Its time for some west Canadian beef

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:

I see no reason to trust North American players over Europeans in the playoffs, especially when it comes to offensive roles.

2010-11 3 of top 5 scorers in the playoffs are European including the leading scorer.
2009-2010 No Europeans in the top 5 (though the leading scorer is accused of being 'soft')
2008-2009 4 of top 5 scorers European, including leading scorer.
2007-2008 4 of top 5 scorers European, including leading scorer.
2006-2007 2 of top 5 scorers European, including leading scorer.
2005-2006 No Europeans in the top 5 of scoring.

Fact is, when it comes to offensive talent in the playoffs there's very little difference between North Americans and Europeans. Elite is elite. And Hemsky has elite talents.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:24 AM
PriceAlmighty31

Quote:

Ok Don Cherry.. If you want to talk about the "Sendins" in this years SCF, why not mention the fact that Krejci led the playoffs in scoring.. and last time I checked he is not a good ole Canadian boy.

PriceAlmighty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAlmighty31 View Post
Ok Don Cherry.. If you want to talk about the "Sendins" in this years SCF, why not mention the fact that Krejci led the playoffs in scoring.. and last time I checked he is not a good ole Canadian boy.
And Krecji is a Czech boy, just like Hemsky...and Pleks.

Don't mention Czech-boys Patrick Elias or Jaromir Jagr.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
PCMN

Hemsky's a ****ing porcelain. I don't want him in my team.

PCMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:36 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Asking price will probably be too steep.

I don't understand why people who don't watch hockey are allowed to post here.
I agree with you. Where the soft euro statement came out of I have no clue.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:39 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMN View Post
Hemsky's a ****ing porcelain. I don't want him in my team.
ohhhh, and you attached a picture to emphasize your point.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Thanks but no thanks

We have enough "skilled" player. Its time for some west Canadian beef
To make sure we tank ?

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

a czeching line of hemsky, pleks, and jagr would make my heart swoon. max pac or cam could play on the left with gomez with max pac starting the season on the third line to build chemistry with eller and still play on the first power play. then we could trade cam at the deadline if we get a good return (which i think we could) or ride a solid top 9 into the playoffs.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Uh, yeah...

2010-11: 0.89 PPG
2009-10: 1.00 PPG
2008-09: 0.92 PPG
2007-08: 0.96 PPG
2006-07: 0.82 PPG
2005-06: 0.95 PPG

It's shocking to me how little some Habs fans seem to know about Hemsky. That's okay- I don't expect everyone to know everything about every player, and I'm sure I'd be off in some of my assessments when it came to Habs players. But please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't comment. Simplest thing for everyone, and it prevents you from looking like a fool.
Speaking about looking like a fool,answer me this,why are the Oilers trading such an incredible talent when they were last in the NHL the last two years?

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Speaking about looking like a fool,answer me this,why are the Oilers trading such an incredible talent when they were last in the NHL the last two years?
Honestly, because they are morons that think only players under 23 are worthwhile for them to have. The incompetence of the Lowe/Tambellini era is well documented.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Uh, yeah...

2010-11: 0.89 PPG
2009-10: 1.00 PPG
2008-09: 0.92 PPG
2007-08: 0.96 PPG
2006-07: 0.82 PPG
2005-06: 0.95 PPG

It's shocking to me how little some Habs fans seem to know about Hemsky. That's okay- I don't expect everyone to know everything about every player, and I'm sure I'd be off in some of my assessments when it came to Habs players. But please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't comment. Simplest thing for everyone, and it prevents you from looking like a fool.
PPG is great if it can be used for evaluating an entire season. Lots of players have averaged 1 ppg over a 22 game span. Kostitsyn and Pouliot had spans of games where they averaged 1 ppg. That does not necessarily translate to an entire season. I would also point out that the guy is not the goal scoring, big bodied, hard hitting forward Montreal needs. He is a skill guy who is fragile. Hemsky is a good player who has had too many serious injuries and now might have concussion problems. Why does Montreal need him? Why would we sacrifice the biggest d-man we have in our system who brings size, aggression, toughness and a willingness to drop the gloves for another smallish skilled forward? We have Gionta, Plekanec, Gomez, and Cammalleri who are all small, skilled forwards. Thank you, but keep Hemsky if the cost is Tinordi.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:49 AM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Oilers may be exploring a trade as Hemsky is a UFA at year's end. It's nothing unusual. If your team looks to be a lottery team again, why bother trying to keep him? Especially when his worth will be adversely impacted by his injury history the longer the season goes? That's why I myself would trade him now.

Quote:
Honestly, because they are morons that think only players under 23 are worthwhile for them to have. The incompetence of the Lowe/Tambellini era is well documented.
I guess this ignorance about Hemsky also extends to the rest of Edmonton's roster. It's weird; we out west pay so much attention to your team. Why can't you return the favor and at least sound knowledgeable when discussing ours?

As it is, the Oilers will dress five players under 23 this season- Gagner (21), Eberle (21), Paajarvi (20), Hall (19) and potentially Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (18). All of those players would make every other team in the NHL. Together, the average age of the Oilers (including RNH) is 26.5. Montreal's average age? 28.6. OH LOL GAUTHER IZ A N00B. HE TRADEZ ALL HIS OLD GUYZ LOL.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
The Oilers may be exploring a trade as Hemsky is a UFA at year's end. It's nothing unusual. If your team looks to be a lottery team again, why bother trying to keep him? Especially when his worth will be adversely impacted by his injury history the longer the season goes? That's why I myself would trade him now.

I guess this ignorance about Hemsky also extends to the rest of Edmonton's roster. It's weird; we out west pay so much attention to your team. Why can't you return the favor and at least sound knowledgeable when discussing ours?

As it is, the Oilers will dress five players under 23 this season- Gagner (21), Eberle (21), Paajarvi (20), Hall (19) and potentially Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (18). All of those players would make every other team in the NHL. Together, the average age of the Oilers (including RNH) is 26.5. Montreal's average age? 28.6. OH LOL GAUTHER IZ A N00B. HE TRADEZ ALL HIS OLD GUYZ LOL.
Note where I live. I'm intimately aware of what goes on in Edmonton. I don't cheer for the Oil because of the rampant incompetance that has characterized Oilers management since the cup run. My opinions on Lowe/Tambellini is also one shared across many segments of the Oilers online fanbase, especially the Oilogosphere.

Tambellini dumped the teams most productive and best line-matchup guy over the last two years in Dustin Penner for a declining prospect and a later 1st. Hemsky is in a similar situation to what Penner was in. I don't think supposing that they'll make the same mistake is so much out of line.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote