HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors From Non-Credible Sources

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2011, 12:16 AM
PyrettaBlaze

vCash: 500
Rumors From Non-Credible Sources

As stated in the GDT, you may discuss rumors from non-credible sources (censored links, hearsay, random twitter accounts, etc) in this thread. However, it will be CLOSED at the end of the day. It is a ONE-DAY exception since HFBoards doesn't normally allow these type of rumors.

07-01-2011, 12:18 AM
schumway2

Toxicways.com has an update on that Gomez rumor.

Old
07-01-2011, 12:25 AM
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
So this will be the cesspool thread...

Read that blog out of curiosity...So we're supposed to believe that Habs will be able to, in a short period of time, both move Gomez and sign a marquee center iceman--both things the Habs likely have no realistic chance at doing?

Closing my eyes and pretending it was real was real nice for that two seconds though

Old
07-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Never trust a site with the word toxic in it.

That's all I can say about that site.

Last edited by Fel 96: 07-01-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old
07-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Giddens

What's next? False rumors from credible sources?

Old
07-01-2011, 12:45 AM
overlords
Hfboards

I'll take this opportunity to say that if people come in here for the sole reason of making fun of others for talking about rumours, or to **** on the idea of the thread, they will be threadbanned and possibly even infracted. The mods worked hard to get you guys a place that isn't as rigid with the rules to have some fun, so lets keep it that way.

If you don't like this thread, stay out.

Old
07-01-2011, 01:13 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'll take this opportunity to say that if people come in here for the sole reason of making fun of others for talking about rumours, or to **** on the idea of the thread, they will be threadbanned and possibly even infracted. The mods worked hard to get you guys a place that isn't as rigid with the rules to have some fun, so lets keep it that way.

LOVE YOU OVERLORDS(L)

Seriously, thanks man, some people will always be difficult and never debate things in an adult and mature mannre

Old
07-01-2011, 01:21 AM
4Beliveau

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Closing my eyes and pretending it was real was real nice for that two seconds though
I did the same thing recently thinking about the Habs moving Gomez to Phoenix and signing Richards. I don't think it's actually impossible but obviously extremely unlikely.

Unlikely possibilities from anywhere on the internet.

I will say this about centremen looking at Montreal as a possible destination, if Gomez isn't on the roster there's a great opportunity, possibly playing with a true goal scorer like Cammy while being insulated by a great two-way centre in Pleky.

I also think players are starting to look at Montreal as an exciting destination. Great city, unbelievable franchise and a chance to play in front of the smartest, more passionate and aware fans in the league.

Old
07-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Habitant#1

If what toxicways describes comes true (albeit extremely unlikely IMO), I will be so ecstatic I might have a seizure. Plus, Richards would have a marginally higher cap hit than Gomez wich means there'd still be room (even after Gorges and White) to sign Konopka and a top 6 guy like Cole/Gagne. And maybe even another gritty 3rd/4th liner who can actually play. Hell even Talbot on top of that if he's not too greedy (he's good value for a .5ppg playoff guy).

OK now that I've dreamed a bit I'm going to block all further thoughts about this from my mind so that not dissapointed when it doesn't happen.

Old
07-01-2011, 05:31 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Madness. The part about not winning the cup "not sitting well with the org" is not very convincing. Yes, none of it is convincing, but that's the most ridiculous part to me. I'd say Buffalo's org is intent on winning in the next couple of years. I'd say Philly is intent on winning... in a little longer than a couple of years.

Point is, Habs brass don't look to me like they're making the necessary adjustments to win short or long-term. They should've taken advantage of guys like Subban on an ELC and Price on his first contract to add the missing pieces. Their goal right now according to Gauthier is to "add stability to the group because they've been together for 2 years.." That's a lame excuse for not patching up the team's holes.

But I digress. I'll hold my final judgment til the pre-season.

Old
07-01-2011, 05:46 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Madness. The part about not winning the cup "not sitting well with the org" is not very convincing. Yes, none of it is convincing, but that's the most ridiculous part to me. I'd say Buffalo's org is intent on winning in the next couple of years. I'd say Philly is intent on winning... in a little longer than a couple of years.

Point is, Habs brass don't look to me like they're making the necessary adjustments to win short or long-term. They should've taken advantage of guys like Subban on an ELC and Price on his first contract to add the missing pieces. Their goal right now according to Gauthier is to "add stability to the group because they've been together for 2 years.." That's a lame excuse for not patching up the team's holes.

But I digress. I'll hold my final judgment til the pre-season.
didnt look at what happened in the last few weeks I guess... tell me who's still available (by 12:00 today) that would be part of the missing pieces you're talking about...

right now, there's Richards, Wiz, and a bunch of 3rd liners...

Old
07-01-2011, 06:29 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
didnt look at what happened in the last few weeks I guess... tell me who's still available (by 12:00 today) that would be part of the missing pieces you're talking about...

right now, there's Richards, Wiz, and a bunch of 3rd liners...
Right now? Well obviously there's not a lot of flexibility which is why I said "should've." Should have. In the past. As in last year. Obviously the injuries were horrible, but I still don't see the attempts that prove that winning is the top priority. We're not far off from contention. The core is there, the franchise goalie is there, the young guys are there, etc.

Old
07-01-2011, 07:22 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Right now? Well obviously there's not a lot of flexibility which is why I said "should've." Should have. In the past. As in last year. Obviously the injuries were horrible, but I still don't see the attempts that prove that winning is the top priority. We're not far off from contention. The core is there, the franchise goalie is there, the young guys are there, etc.
you mean, you dont read trough the open book that is PG (or his predecessor) ? really ? that's why you come to the conclusion he/they isnt trying ?

- did you get any signs (from PG himself) that he was to trade Wiz rights ?
- any signs he would not qualify Pouliot, or Pyatt ?

awnser to both is NO, and yet he did those things... you learned about this like everybody else, once the moves were made...

he doesnt have to tell us about the talks he has with other GMs or with players agents... he's not a reality show participant or something...

Old
07-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Unlike Brian Burke, Gauthier doesn't have a press conference every tine he calls another GM or player agent, so he can be the busiest GM out there and you wouldn't know it. I think he's already made 10+ transactions so far so he is definitely not sitting on his hands.

Old
07-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Krnage

Does Eklund is NON CREDIBLE Sources ?

Old
07-01-2011, 10:28 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

You have no idea how much I do appreciate the work you guys have been doing especially in the later years that I've been here. This forum is awesome now. Please don't feel it's going unnoticed as I know lots of people who feel the same way.

When I first made my account compared to now is a vast difference.

Old
07-01-2011, 10:29 AM
SnapVirus

My uncredible source told me that PG was going to send a QO to Stamkos & Doughty.

Old
07-01-2011, 10:32 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
What does the update say? I'm not sure how to access, thx

Old
07-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Ginu

Marinaro just said he received an email from a "source" that the Habs are leaving the possibility open of moving Gomez to the minors. Imagine if we could sign Richards to replace his salary and put Jagr on the 1st line

Old
07-01-2011, 11:50 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Marinaro just said he received an email from a "source" that the Habs are leaving the possibility open of moving Gomez to the minors. Imagine if we could sign Richards to replace his salary and put Jagr on the 1st line
I would feel bad for Gomez. I know it would piss off Gionta and a few others too. That being said it won't happen Tony said it to drill up some listeners for July 1st.

Old
07-01-2011, 11:55 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
What does the update say? I'm not sure how to access, thx
http://www.toxicways.com/2011/06/30/...s-on-richards/

Old
07-01-2011, 12:00 PM
neofury*

It's almost too good to be true if Gomez waives and this happens.

If it does though expect 8-9 million per, some kind of slight cap play like Ehrhoff's deal, and a cap hit of at least 8.

Old
07-01-2011, 12:00 PM
groovejuice

Per Eklund:

Simon Gagne Getting Tons of Attention... Kings, Habs (E3)

Old
07-01-2011, 12:01 PM
overlords
Hfboards

If we can assume that PG is trying to make a big splash and give richards an 'irrefusable' offer, I guess it just comes down to whether richards wants to play here or not, and my money is on 'not'.

Old
07-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Richards will never come here. His buddy Ribeiro in Dallas probably shared some great stories about Montreal.

Closed Thread