HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Jagr signs with the Flyers - 1 year, $3.3M

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2011, 01:08 AM
  #51
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Habs Go View Post
Jagr has legions of fans in pittsburgh who remember him as a hero and superstar. These ppl would like him back and would be very pissed off at him if he let them down and signed elsewhere for more cash. I think he's much more likely to sign in pitts than anywhere else.Why would he want to tarnish his rep?
well he obviously doesn't care about what others think, the guy had a curly mullet for over 5 years.

on a serious note, I'd focus on getting mario lemieux a contract with the habs, so at least there is always a chance that he would kick his basement door and convince that crying teenager to follow him.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:14 AM
  #52
Bunka Gurndeep
Registered User
 
Bunka Gurndeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,833
vCash: 500
Every year I get excited, can't sleep, take the day off work and every year I'm sorely disappointed. Please be different.

Wish list:

Jagr
Wiz (hey it can still happen)
Talbot

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:25 AM
  #53
Habs 1909
Registered User
 
Habs 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Montreal/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,665
vCash: 500
Can't fault the guy if he signs with Pittsburgh even if it's for less money.

It's a great opportunity for him to return to where it all began and to play alongside a world class talent in Sidney Crosby (and have his points inflated) - ending his career in style.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:26 AM
  #54
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,608
vCash: 500
Anyone interested in Theodore as a backup besides me?

I guess, technically, he could go to Colorado again. But he may settle for a backup job.

I just know that I want a goalie who can play 20-25 games, so Price doesn't have to play so much. A backup that can give Price a rest and keep him rested for playoffs.

Price - 60 starts.
Backup - 22 starts.

That's what I'd like to see.

Not to mention, having a guy like Theodore in the back is a lot better than Auld/Hedberg type incase of an injury.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:31 AM
  #55
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Anyone interested in Theodore as a backup besides me?

I guess, technically, he could go to Colorado again. But he may settle for a backup job.

I just know that I want a goalie who can play 20-25 games, so Price doesn't have to play so much. A backup that can give Price a rest and keep him rested for playoffs.

Price - 60 starts.
Backup - 22 starts.

That's what I'd like to see.

Not to mention, having a guy like Theodore in the back is a lot better than Auld/Hedberg type incase of an injury.
Would we really want to see the controversy that'll dig up?

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:35 AM
  #56
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
I don't care much about Jagr, it seemed sureal since the begining, i want Richards.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:37 AM
  #57
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Theo is really looking for a #1 job. He won't sign in Montreal.

If he doesn't find it, he will most likely [re]sign with the Wild by the start of the season.

EDIT: Scratch that, we got our backup for next season now.


Last edited by Fel 96: 07-01-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:56 AM
  #58
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Anyone interested in Theodore as a backup besides me?

I guess, technically, he could go to Colorado again. But he may settle for a backup job.

I just know that I want a goalie who can play 20-25 games, so Price doesn't have to play so much. A backup that can give Price a rest and keep him rested for playoffs.

Price - 60 starts.
Backup - 22 starts.

That's what I'd like to see.

Not to mention, having a guy like Theodore in the back is a lot better than Auld/Hedberg type incase of an injury.
Yup.

I've been predicting for a long time now that we haven't seen the last of Theo on the Habs. I think with the benefit of maturity and experience he could be a fantastic backup to Price.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:59 AM
  #59
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Would we really want to see the controversy that'll dig up?
I don't think this would result in a controversy. Even Price haters would realize that he's the clear no. 1 over Theo.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 02:31 AM
  #60
Rushin Joo
Registered User
 
Rushin Joo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Anyone interested in Theodore as a backup besides me?

I guess, technically, he could go to Colorado again. But he may settle for a backup job.

I just know that I want a goalie who can play 20-25 games, so Price doesn't have to play so much. A backup that can give Price a rest and keep him rested for playoffs.

Price - 60 starts.
Backup - 22 starts.

That's what I'd like to see.

Not to mention, having a guy like Theodore in the back is a lot better than Auld/Hedberg type incase of an injury.
Price played outstanding in the playoffs after playing 72 games. Why should he lose 12 starts?

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:35 AM
  #61
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
Price played outstanding in the playoffs after playing 72 games. Why should he lose 12 starts?
He played great, no doubt. Good enough to win the series, but 3 out of the 7 games he had a sub. 900 SV%. I also felt he looked a little burnt out late in the season/playoffs. Not saying he couldn't get the job done, but that was only the first round. He could of potentially had to play 21 more games. I'd feel more comfortable having a backup ease the load a little.

Even still, I'd prefer a better backup incase of injury problems or anything of the like.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:57 AM
  #62
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He played great, no doubt. Good enough to win the series, but 3 out of the 7 games he had a sub. 900 SV%. I also felt he looked a little burnt out late in the season/playoffs. Not saying he couldn't get the job done, but that was only the first round. He could of potentially had to play 21 more games. I'd feel more comfortable having a backup ease the load a little.

Even still, I'd prefer a better backup incase of injury problems or anything of the like.
No knock on Auld but there is no reason to go cheap on back-up this summer. The cap room will be there and Price more than established himself last season. Personally, I wouldn't mind Garon.

An off season without a goalie controversy has a pretty calming effect on this board.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:03 AM
  #63
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 50
so we gonna get him or not boys!! Will we find out today?

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:13 AM
  #64
ymorin007*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Maarten
Country: Netherlands Antilles
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ymorin007*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
according to hockeyinsideout, with gorges, white and another forward, we have about 8m to spend on ufas...

jagr 5m
talbot 2m
backup 1m


PG JUST DO IT!
Oh yes that would be a perfect day

ymorin007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:02 AM
  #65
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen Jagr's gloves delivered to the Habs dressing room yet?

And if he is wanting $5 million per, pass. Too high at this stage of his career.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:07 AM
  #66
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Theo is really looking for a #1 job. He won't sign in Montreal.

If he doesn't find it, he will most likely [re]sign with the Wild by the start of the season.
According to who? Your speculations?

Bergeron said on CKAC after directly talking to him that Theo would love to come back here. There are 0 teams in the NHL that don't have better goalies then Theodore. He is still one of the top #2 goalies in the league.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
  #67
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,422
vCash: 500
I heard on the main board that he already agreed with the pens, and he's just waiting for the bidding to rise so he can say he turned down more money to play with his team.

I don't mins him waiting for a bidding war. I don't mind him going with the pens for sentimental reasons.

I mind using us as ****ing publicity trick.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:39 AM
  #68
PhysicX
Registered User
 
PhysicX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
I heard on the main board that he already agreed with the pens, and he's just waiting for the bidding to rise so he can say he turned down more money to play with his team.

I don't mins him waiting for a bidding war. I don't mind him going with the pens for sentimental reasons.

I mind using us as ****ing publicity trick.
If that's the case, then we're gonna have one more reason to **** Pittsburgh this year. No biggie. And please stop with the Theodore talks... Let another team sign him so we can score 5-6 goals on him... you know the usual game versus Theo.

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:47 AM
  #69
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 500
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

Told there are still 4 teams in play for Jagr. Pitt, Det, Mtl (nibbling) and 1 other team (not Flyers). Good storyline for today.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:49 AM
  #70
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

Told there are still 4 teams in play for Jagr. Pitt, Det, Mtl (nibbling) and 1 other team (not Flyers). Good storyline for today.
mckenzie said we had serious interest and dreger says were nibbling?

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:55 AM
  #71
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
When I look at the teams mentioned excluding Philly, I see us as Option 3 for JAgr. #1 is Pens for obvious reasons, #2 is Detroit because of the lock that they are a contender and then us. So we have some big hurdles to clear if we do get Jagr.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:07 AM
  #72
GoHomez
Registered User
 
GoHomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 8 km from the Globe
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
When I look at the teams mentioned excluding Philly, I see us as Option 3 for JAgr. #1 is Pens for obvious reasons, #2 is Detroit because of the lock that they are a contender and then us. So we have some big hurdles to clear if we do get Jagr.
Agreed, and I really don't think he is going after money so I doubt any team can straight out outbid another team.

Maybe he is also looking for career opportunities after his playing days are over? Coaching, scouting, front office...

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:13 AM
  #73
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger

Told there are still 4 teams in play for Jagr. Pitt, Det, Mtl (nibbling) and 1 other team (not Flyers). Good storyline for today.
Nibbling? What the hell man?

Christ sakes PG just offer him like 3.5-4 mil for one year. Not like there's any good alternatives out there.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:18 AM
  #74
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Nibbling? What the hell man?

Christ sakes PG just offer him like 3.5-4 mil for one year. Not like there's any good alternatives out there.


Leino x 100000

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:22 AM
  #75
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,534
vCash: 500
I want Anthony Stewart. He is good for third or second line.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.