HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Radulov

Old
07-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Parise9Crosby87

vCash: 500
Radulov

Weren't there rumors of him coming back to the nhl or does he still have years left on khl contract?

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 04:08 AM
Manbearpig17

Good question. DL would never do it but he could be exactly what my Kings need. He is far from a soft russian and loaded with talent and speed....oh and size. .

Manbearpig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:34 AM
alexmanu

This has been said so many times, if he comes back he'll have a year left to play in Nashville. This speculation happens constantly and until I see him back in a Preds jersey i'm not holding my breath.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Kshahdoo

Salavat Yulaev situation is unclear. They have some quarrels between management and main sponsor. So one day they issue a statement that everything's ok, and the other day next accusation in mistrusting, misleading and mis-who-knows-what-else emerges...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:04 AM
PaulSedin
#lydia2012

Can The Preds Just Buy Out His Contract

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Madude

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul123 View Post
Can The Preds Just Buy Out His Contract
Why on earth would they want to do that?

Madude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madude View Post
Why on earth would they want to do that?
Perhaps he means Radulov's KHL contract...

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
This has been said so many times, if he comes back he'll have a year left to play in Nashville. This speculation happens constantly and until I see him back in a Preds jersey i'm not holding my breath.
They could trade him to a team which he has agreed to play for. Then sign a nice contract extension.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
They could trade him to a team which he has agreed to play for. Then sign a nice contract extension.
Why would they do that, though? This thread comes up once a week, and the latest is this:

In May, Poile\Fenton spoke directly with Radulov at the World Champs. They asked, as they always do (as the perception that there's some ill will or that the Preds don't want him back is bunk) if he was ready to come back, and also if he had an issue with Nashville-- should we trade your rights, essentially.

Radulov's response, loosely quoted was, "no no, I want to play in Nashville if I come back. Don't trade my rights. I can get out of my contract." A few days later, Dmitri Chesnokov broke the story that Ufa's funding was being pulled, amidst financial troubles of the Oil company that sponsors them. As a result, most of last year's championship team was not re-signed, and Radulov is pretty much the last "star" player remaining. There was question about whether or not they could afford him. As the funding had already been allocated for the coming season, 2011-12 isn't so much an issue, but beyond that is a huge question mark. To that end, Radulov released a statement that said, "i will play the final season with Salavaet Ufa." What's interesting about that is that he had re-signed a 3 year extension that was due to begin this season...so it would appear that as a result of the financial troubles in the KHL and Radulov's seeming desire to return to the NHL, his 3 year deal was "re-negotiated" to just 1, as in, "If you'll play out this year, we'll nix the other two and won't pursue any sort of action if you go back to North America."

So, with all of that said, Nashville has been patient to this point. They have no incentive to trade Radulov's rights "just to get something" and then watch him come back and score 40 goals for someone else. If you wanted to acquire him, Nashville would be wise to treat him just as if he were a 25 year old, hugely talented young forward in the NHL...that is...the price will be high, especially given that he's exactly what the Preds are missing.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

IF RADULOV DECIDES TO COME BACK, HE HAS TO PLAY FOR THE PREDS!!!
Thank you.

Rumor has it the money over there is kind of drying up, therefore Radulov has hinted at coming back to Nashville. The team has totally changed since when he left, so he would/should be welcomed back. Probably next year though.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:49 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Hell to the NO

Either he plays for the Preds or he don't play in the NHL.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote