HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2011, 06:59 PM
  #26
TwineSniper
Registered User
 
TwineSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
So, have we officially lost the rights to players like Perezhogin, Degon and Trotter?

TwineSniper is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 07:17 PM
  #27
Dwight
The French Tickler
 
Dwight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWhite53 View Post
So, have we officially lost the rights to players like Perezhogin, Degon and Trotter?
I believe Trotter re-signed with Montreal, but I'm not sure about the other two.

As for the person who asked about Westin's U20 chances - I wouldn't think so. Sweden has a lot of strong players, but you never know.

Dwight is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 07:22 PM
  #28
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Yeah the Trotter situation never really resolved itself. We'll have to wait for that one.

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
06-28-2011, 07:15 AM
  #29
ScopeHockey
Registered User
 
ScopeHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Yeah the Trotter situation never really resolved itself. We'll have to wait for that one.
I remember one site I read (Habs Future maybe?) actually quoted his agent as saying that he had signed a 2-way deal with Habs. Weird that nothing's been announced. Same with Weber - that daily newspaper in Switzerland reported that he'd signed a 2-year deal. I wonder if in both cases, the contracts are agreed upon but Gauthier is just waiting for official signature for one reason or another.

ScopeHockey is offline  
Old
06-28-2011, 10:13 AM
  #30
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Are we talking Marvin Degon here?

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
06-28-2011, 01:21 PM
  #31
ruski17
Registered User
 
ruski17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Are we talking Marvin Degon here?
The one and only!

ruski17 is offline  
Old
06-28-2011, 02:37 PM
  #32
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski17 View Post
The one and only!
The one and only player that has been on my Unsigned NHL11 Contract Screen forever... and ever.. and ever.

RoyBoyCoy is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 03:14 PM
  #33
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
The annual 23 under 25

Avtsin-Eller-LeBlanc
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj
Bournival-Nattinen-Engqvist
Conboy-White-Dumont
Schultz-Trotter

Tinordi-Subban
Nash-Webber
Beaulieau-Ellis
Nygren

Price
Ramo

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 03:18 PM
  #34
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
The annual 23 under 25

Avtsin-Eller-LeBlanc
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Palushaj
Bournival-Nattinen-Engqvist
Conboy-White-Dumont
Schultz-Trotter

Tinordi-Subban
Nash-Webber
Beaulieau-Ellis
Nygren

Price
Ramo
Ramo shouldn't be on the list since he turns 25 in less then 8 hours. Desharnais turns 25 in 2 months. Also Mac Bennett should be on the list as he's one of the Habs top D prospects imo.

montreal is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
  #35
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Ramo shouldn't be on the list since he turns 25 in less then 8 hours. Desharnais turns 25 in 2 months. Also Mac Bennett should be on the list as he's one of the Habs top D prospects imo.
Agreed about Bennett, he should be ahead of Nash.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 11:08 PM
  #36
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Agreed about Bennett, he should be ahead of Nash.
I'd say Ellis. Nash is already high enough on the Habs depth chart that he got called up for a few games.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
07-01-2011, 09:36 AM
  #37
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Revised 23 under 25

Avtsin-Eller-Leblanc
Pacioretty-Engqvist-Palushaj
Bournival-Nattinen-Gallagher
Conboy-White-Dumont
Schultz

Tinordi-Subban
Nash-Webber
Beaulieu-Ellis
Bennett-Pateryn

Price
Delmas

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
07-01-2011, 09:53 AM
  #38
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Revised 23 under 25

Avtsin-Eller-Leblanc
Pacioretty-Engqvist-Palushaj
Bournival-Nattinen-Gallagher
Conboy-White-Dumont
Schultz

Tinordi-Subban
Nash-Webber
Beaulieu-Ellis
Bennett-Pateryn

Price
Delmas
We definetely need to sign some skilled goalie prospects...Hopefully Dell next year.

Scotianhab is offline  
Old
07-01-2011, 09:56 AM
  #39
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
We definetely need to sign some skilled goalie prospects...Hopefully Dell next year.
Agreed. Delmas isn't even under contract anymore, so the only goalie we have under contract not named Price is Mayer.

montreal is offline  
Old
07-01-2011, 10:44 AM
  #40
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Agreed. Delmas isn't even under contract anymore, so the only goalie we have under contract not named Price is Mayer.
I know it might be secondary to some...but how the heck is McIntyre not under contract yet?

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
07-01-2011, 10:45 AM
  #41
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Ramo shouldn't be on the list since he turns 25 in less then 8 hours. Desharnais turns 25 in 2 months. Also Mac Bennett should be on the list as he's one of the Habs top D prospects imo.
lol i think whats even funnier is PRICE is on that list lol, how lucky are we

he's about to start his 5th NHL season....

Redux91 is offline  
Old
07-01-2011, 10:54 AM
  #42
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'd say Ellis. Nash is already high enough on the Habs depth chart that he got called up for a few games.
He's also older. Bennett has a higher upside than Nash.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
07-01-2011, 05:15 PM
  #43
hey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know it might be secondary to some...but how the heck is McIntyre not under contract yet?
I agree

hey is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 04:46 AM
  #44
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol i think whats even funnier is PRICE is on that list lol, how lucky are we

He's about to start his 5th NHL season....
If that's correct, he'll be UFA in three years. 27 years old or 7 years NHL I believe. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I wouldn't call that lucky. He should have stayed in the AHL for one more full year.

bsl is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 11:04 AM
  #45
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Ryan Kennedy w/THN indicates that Oleksiak will attend Canada's camp rather than Team USA's:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...a-not-USA.html

Opens a spot for Tinordi on the WJC team...but may make it tougher fro Beaulieu to make Canada's team.

TinordiandSubban is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 11:48 AM
  #46
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
Ryan Kennedy w/THN indicates that Oleksiak will attend Canada's camp rather than Team USA's:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...a-not-USA.html

Opens a spot for Tinordi on the WJC team...but may make it tougher fro Beaulieu to make Canada's team.
odd move for Oleksiak, his chance were better to make usa squad than Canada team. Canada doesnt guarantee spot to anyone so i guess will see.

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 12:03 PM
  #47
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
odd move for Oleksiak, his chance were better to make usa squad than Canada team. Canada doesnt guarantee spot to anyone so i guess will see.
I would argue that US has as much if not more talent on defense, let's look at top 60 picks the last 2 years...

US...Fowler(NHL) 2010:Forbort Tinordi Faulk Merrill Johns Alt Holl and 2011:Murphy Mayfield
Canada...2010:Gudbranson(NHL?) McIlrath Gormley Pysyk Petrovic and 2011:Hamilton Murphy Siemens Beaulieu Morrow Piercy Edmundson Ouellet Harrington Sproul

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 12:08 PM
  #48
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,582
vCash: 500
good point CP,

Mayfield don't seem to be on team usa radar as he wasn't invited to their summer evaluation camp. Maybe now he get a chance.

I think a guy like Ryan Murray will be there for team Canada, came close last yr and was very impressive at the u-18. Should be interesting

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
07-10-2011, 08:06 PM
  #49
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,520
vCash: 500
Anybody else think that Louis Leblanc will have to work hella hard to even sniff at the NHL level? Something tells me he was a strike-out compared to more sure picks like Tinordi and Beaulieu (who I am absolutely in love with).

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
07-10-2011, 08:21 PM
  #50
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Anybody else think that Louis Leblanc will have to work hella hard to even sniff at the NHL level? Something tells me he was a strike-out compared to more sure picks like Tinordi and Beaulieu (who I am absolutely in love with).
Leblanc is sure fire to make the NHL.

bcv is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.