HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ehrhoff Signing Sends a Message

Old
07-01-2011, 12:30 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
Ehrhoff Signing Sends a Message

Few good ones in here:

Quote:
It's tough to pick out which words best describe the past week.

Jaw-dropping? Entertaining? Mind-boggling? A dream?

All are solid choices. The word "different" may be the ideal pick, however.

Things have been completely different in Sabreland. For the first time, Buffalo has led the league in buzz generated in the days leading up to free agency.

The Sabres have been featured on NHL shows throughout the United States and Canada. Players, agents and commentators have talked about the impact the Sabres can create in the marketplace.
I love hearing these things. What a great signing.

Quote:
In the past, they've been mentioned only as the team that lost players or didn't do much.

Those days are over, especially after Thursday's monumental signing of defenseman Christian Ehrhoff.
I still can't help but think it's weird for that name at the end of the sentence calling a "monumental" signing "Christian Ehrhoff" It almost reminds me of Campbell's deal, until Ehrhoff is getting much less money.
Quote:
With free agency starting at noon Friday, they couldn't have picked a better time.

"It's really important to Buffalo because the perception is not reality," General Manager Darcy Regier said Thursday night. "We're starting to get the benefit of the combination of the ownership and the news out there about Buffalo, turning the perception that exists that is an incorrect image, an incorrect perception, and getting more of the reality about this is a great place to play hockey, this is a great place to live, this is a great place to raise a family, this is a great place to be."
Darth Regier pumping the city in quotes even to national media. Great ambassador for Buffalo, telling people it's a great place to live

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle473880.ece

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Thanks to their new image, the Sabres could be dangerous to other teams when the clock strikes 12 Friday. The market is relatively thin and most teams have more money to spend, but the Sabres have shown they can get things done.

"It's pretty stressful," Pegula said. "It's pretty stressful to wonder, 'I want this player. Will he come to Buffalo and play in our organization?'"

So far, the answer has been a resounding yes. In a word, it's different.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:25 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Move after move is built off of another. Pegula, Regehr, Ehrhoff, and who knows who next. As more and more people come here and get to see what makes it so rewarding to play for the Sabres, it'll become a trend hopefully. I'm really hoping Richards takes a look tomorrow. Even if he doesn't sign here, it's nice to get a look because the more looks, the more possibilities, and with fellow star players being lured, more and more could be convinced. Buffalo looks like it's finally one of "the places to be." That's so different it's almost bizarre to me, but this city and our fans deserve this.

I also love how Pegula really makes the effort to express to the player that he's wanted, that he's needed, and that we want to make him and his family as comfortable as possible. That goes a long way. To meet the player's money desire is one thing, but every player is human, and sometimes, it's more important to win the players' hearts as well.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:25 AM
buffalowing88

I just don't know how to take this. My whole life (23 years), I have been born to believe that we are the Have Not's in both football and hockey. All of a sudden i'm a fan of a team that is envied by other teams???? So ****ing surreal. I almost expect Pegula to back out tomorrow and say this was all a big joke. Anyone who thinks this Ehrhoff signing wasn't a "monumental" part of this teams future is dead wrong. We signed a big name. We signed him for a huge contract. And we didnt even blink a ****ing eye!!!

AHHHHHHH I'm so excited!

buffalowing88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
I just don't know how to take this. My whole life (23 years), I have been born to believe that we are the Have Not's in both football and hockey. All of a sudden i'm a fan of a team that is envied by other teams???? So ****ing surreal. I almost expect Pegula to back out tomorrow and say this was all a big joke. Anyone who thinks this Ehrhoff signing wasn't a "monumental" part of this teams future is dead wrong. We signed a big name. We signed him for a huge contract. And we didnt even blink a ****ing eye!!!

AHHHHHHH I'm so excited!
That's how I feel as well. It's like it happened overnight to me. We're not used to this kind of treatment, not only by ownership but by the whole league. It's so surreal still.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 02:03 AM
wyldthing89

Quote:

AHHHHHHH I'm so excited!
+1

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:33 AM
KillerKampfer*

Nice to see Buffalo get a guy for a 2 mil less cap hit than he was getting today from someone. Thats the team who deserves it most after what Lowe pulled with Vanek losing you Drury and Briere.

Got to think this is huge for you getting Richards to chose you over a team like the rangers.

I think our division might have the 3 best teams in the East. Only a fully healthy Pittsburgh is as good as you, us, and Montreal IMO.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Miller30Sabres*

the rangers have their stars, its time for us "the underdog" 2 stand up and fight!

Miller30Sabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:

AHHHHHHH I'm so excited!
You'd have to go back to the mid '70s when Buffalo was looked at that way as the post lockout seemed more like a fluke that quickly dissipated on 1 July 2007.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote