HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011 Free Agent Frenzy - July 1st - Part II

Old
07-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
No matter what happens in this next contract, he will have made over $300 million playing hockey.
How did you get that number?

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Iginla and a bunch of scrubs in Calgary? But they do have Feaster running the show...

Rangers have former Richards teammates and friends, Fedotenko, Avery and coach Torts...

Kings have...well...a nice presentation.
Wouldn't this make the Flames 100% eligible for social security (if they were based in the US)???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
If he signs with TO, he is on a retirement contract with no real desire to win the cup because they are brutal. Leaves us with Gagne to pursue and a decent 3rd liner.

If he signs with NYR - we go after Dubie or Callahan, can't see how they would have enough money to spread around.

If he signs with Philly we could get Hartnell on the cheap. Would rather go after Gagne.

I am not even going to entertain Calgary. They are in worse trouble then Toronto. Unless they move J-Bo back to Florida for Weiss and have an instant 1-2 and a little more room. Fat would still have to be trimmed to make Richards work.

Personally I would give Gagne a fat 1 yr contract. He either proves he fits or he is off the books in time to line up for Semin, Parise, etc.
This is all I want to happen. We have a pretty sick nucleus and Dubie plays left wing as well as center. Not to mention he's only 25, i'd then turn around and lock him up for ten years.
I get real nervous with Richard's concussion history and age (length of contract). Obviously it would be crazy to have him and i'd be excited, but i'd much rather go the trade route for someone like Dubie.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nodoughtyboutit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
You seem new, s'all I'm sayin bruh
Lol, no worries. Well, I'm 26 and a cancer. I like mexican food and hockey.

Just messing, I'm a long time (for being 26) die-hard Kings fan, I was born into it. I just started being more active with other Kings fans on these sites because I like to listen to others thoughts and ideas and to debate certain things.

So I'm sure you'll be sick of me soon enough because i should be posting more frequently.

GO KINGS!

Nodoughtyboutit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:04 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Interesting how Gagne is still out there now...
He's waiting for LA

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:05 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
He's waiting for LA
No sarcasm, he could be. After Richards goes, teams will massively overpay him to get the last skilled guy left.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
How did you get that number?
Typo, it was stuck in my head when TSN announced free agent signings, looking for the actual number, I saw it earlier and due to fatigue forgot about it Been thinking about the ridiculous free agent signings though It was something like $50+ million.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:06 PM
cneil99

relationship with Feaster aside, there is no reason to sign with Calgary as they are nowhere close to being a winner and playing with an aging Iginla

cneil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:09 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Got to love the pitch by Biz:

Quote:
BizNasty2point0

Hey @BRichards_1991, if you sign with Phoenix you can buy the team. It worked out for Mario. #MakeItRain

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:10 PM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Kovalch...............I mean Richards.
Here is a thought....and maybe its been suggested before. What if Dewey was offered two contracts. One with BR on the team and one where they don't get him. Obviously he gets a hire salary with BR not being signed and conversely lower if he is. Its not unheard of for athletes to take a pay cut to make room for a player that can make an impact for a potential championship. What if this is why Dewey has not signed yet? It really depends on what you value, self or team.

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Nodoughtyboutit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil99 View Post
relationship with Feaster aside, there is no reason to sign with Calgary as they are nowhere close to being a winner and playing with an aging Iginla
Agreed, plus a team that finished 19th in the league last year in GAA and 21st in PK before losing Reggie plus Kipp getting older after having a less then stellar year.

They might not even make the playoffs with him...

Old
07-01-2011, 09:14 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

If he signs with Calgary, it will prove that it was all about money.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Interesting thing going on here. So many players didn't want a salary cap because it would put a limit on salaries, but along with the cap is the salary floor. That salary floor is making teams over pay (or at least giving them more reason to over pay) to reach the minimum so it seems as though the upward trending salary cap (and floor) has resulted in several players making more money for themselves.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:16 PM
cneil99

Has anyone heard what LA even offered?

cneil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Nex06

That's all agent's work. Think about it. When you have 5 teams seriously bidding for you, you are not going to say "this team has no chances." You are going to "find" something that you like about each team, so that other teams will offer more. Brad Richards already has it down to one or two teams he wants to play for, he is just looking for extra 2 or 3 million and he uses other 3 teams for that.

"Oh Kings... yeah... I was really impressed by their... powerpoint presentantion and the video of Kobe Bryant! It is true that they offered me 10 million less, but Kobe is Kobe, I am SERIOUSLY considering it. Honestly!"

"Calgary... of course, they won't win anything, but... they offered the same as you. And Feaster is my man! My bro! So that one is really hard to reject..."

The only reason Kings are participating is, because in the end the winner of the race will pay a bit more and have less money for the other signings. It's all a game.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
That's all agent's work. Think about it. When you have 5 teams seriously bidding for you, you are not going to say "this team has no chances." You are going to "find" something that you like about each team, so that other teams will offer more. Brad Richards already has it down to one or two teams he wants to play for, he is just looking for extra 2 or 3 million and he uses other 3 teams for that.

"Oh Kings... yeah... I was really impressed by their... powerpoint presentantion and the video of Kobe Bryant! It is true that they offered me 10 million less, but Kobe is Kobe, I am SERIOUSLY considering it. Honestly!"

"Calgary... of course, they won't win anything, but... they offered the same as you. And Feaster is my man! My bro! So that one is really hard to reject..."

The only reason Kings are participating is, because in the end the winner of the race will pay a bit more and have less money for the other signings. It's all a game.
That I disagree with. Dean could just as easily do that over the phone.

Old
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil99 View Post
Has anyone heard what LA even offered?
It was rumored to be a $6.5 cap hit at 7 or 9 years, heavily front-loaded.

Old
07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

McKenzie says the decision may carry over till tomorrow... We have all been through this before, color me surprised heh.

Old
07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Nodoughtyboutit

I'm not too sure, we might be the biggest bidder. It sounds like it's either us or Toronto...

A. It seems like he prefers smaller markets or has just been with them his whole career and that's a point in our favor
B. If we outbid Toronto I think we have it, but if they outbid us I think it comes down to % of winning to % of more cash....in which we might lose.
C. Come on it was KOBE!

Old
07-01-2011, 09:24 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
If he signs with Calgary, it will prove that it was all about money.
What money? Per Dreger, Calgary has 20 players under contract for $58 million. Only 5 D signed.

Last edited by TonySCV: 07-01-2011 at 09:30 PM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
No decision until tomorrow.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
What money? Calgary has 20 players under contract for $58 million. Only 5 D signed.
Calgary offered $64 million @ 9 years for a $7 million cap hit.

Old
07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodoughtyboutit View Post
I'm not too sure, we might be the biggest bidder. It sounds like it's either us or Toronto...

A. It seems like he prefers smaller markets or has just been with them his whole career and that's a point in our favor
B. If we outbid Toronto I think we have it, but if they outbid us I think it comes down to % of winning to % of more cash....in which we might lose.
C. Come on it was KOBE!
If it's anything like Telos said, we're talking 7/$45.5M or 9/58.5. Both topped by the CGY offer that TSN reported.

Old
07-01-2011, 09:28 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Calgary offered $64 million @ 9 years for a $7 million cap hit.
Bingo.

Old
07-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Nodoughtyboutit

drosennhl Dan Rosen
RT @TSNBobMcKenzie: All night long we loosely expected Richards decision would be made tonight. Now hearing it may carry over to tomorrow.
3 minutes ago

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
All night long we loosely expected Richards decision would be made tonight. Now hearing it may carry over to tomorrow. Stay tuned.
3 minutes ago

Darren Dreger
What many of us feared most. It's starting to sound like there might not be a decision made by Brad Richards tonight.