HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Re-sign Ruslan Fedotenko (1 year, $1.4M)

Old
07-01-2011, 09:18 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
The rupp signing was so stupid. It would have been okay if Feds didn't re-sign (not that Rupp > Feds), but we have both and it's redundancy galore at our bottom six now. Trading Boyle would be so dumb. Our bottom six was fine! I would rather have a 7th d man if I had to put $1.5 million towards one player. I like that Feds is back but the Rupp signing kinda kills what would have otherwise been joy over this.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
The injuries this team had last season were a problem. Newbury, Grachev, MZA, McDonagh, Valentenko, Williams, Kolarik, Weise, Johnson all played some games with the Rangers last year.

Are you telling me depth would've been a bad thing?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:22 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The injuries this team had last season were a problem. Newbury, Grachev, MZA, McDonagh, Valentenko, Williams, Kolarik, Weise, Johnson all played some games with the Rangers last year.

Are you telling me depth would've been a bad thing?
YES OMG LET THE KIDS PLAY AHHHHHHH

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Gotta say Feds earned his contract.... Great signing....good for the player and the team

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Rupp and Feds are different players..Do you know what redundancy means?? Seriously when is the last time Feds dropped the gloves with Orr?? Whens the last time Feds started a fight to turn momentum?? Never...The only thing they have in common is they both are bottom 6 players..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
The rupp signing was so stupid. It would have been okay if Feds didn't re-sign (not that Rupp > Feds), but we have both and it's redundancy galore at our bottom six now. Trading Boyle would be so dumb. Our bottom six was fine! I would rather have a 7th d man if I had to put $1.5 million towards one player. I like that Feds is back but the Rupp signing kinda kills what would have otherwise been joy over this.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:30 PM
pwoz

Feds is a Torts guy and Rupp is a class act in general.. my question is.. does Rupp also PK? My understanding is that he plays 10 min a game.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:34 PM
freewheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
YES OMG LET THE KIDS PLAY AHHHHHHH
Don't think thats a problem in NY.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 09:47 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

Rupp and Feds are different players. I would guess they split time which is good.

I also imagine Avery and EC are gone LONG before Boyle or Wolski.

But, anyways, both are good signings because, as much as we want to push it on everyone, sometimes younger, less experienced players just aren't ready. Who'da thunk it?

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
If a kid earns a spot in camp, he'll have one on the team. Guys like Avery, Fedotenko and even Wolski can be made to disappear or be traded without any effort.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:05 PM
NikC

Rupp is perfect signing for this team. a quality tough player who can contribute when on the ice.

I don't see the contradiction in having him as well as Feds. Feds is breaking down a bit, a he missed a good stretch of games during the season. when he came back, he wasn't the same player.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:13 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Don't think thats a problem in NY.
hence the sarcasm icon. That is a usual response to these types of signings.

Old
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Rupp is perfect signing for this team. a quality tough player who can contribute when on the ice.

I don't see the contradiction in having him as well as Feds. Feds is breaking down a bit, a he missed a good stretch of games during the season. when he came back, he wasn't the same player.
I don't agree. He had 6 points in the last 17 games of the season and his TOI didn't take a hit. I bring stats into it because I don't remember his game taking a noticable drop when he came back, and wanted to come at you with more than just "well I don't think he did." He missed time in February.

It wasn't just Feds obviously, Prospal was back for a lot of these, but the team only lost 6 of those 17 games, 1 of them in a shootout.

He had 2 assists in game 4, too.

He's the type of player that gets nicked up a lot and misses some games, he hasn't had any major injuries in his entire career from what I can remember (knock on wood).

Old
07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Rangers are going to regret this signing FEDS is done and a waste of a roster spot and cap space. The Rangers need a lot of space for the RFA they have and using it on a over the hill spare forward is bad

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Rangers are going to regret this signing FEDS is done and a waste of a roster spot and cap space. The Rangers need a lot of space for the RFA they have and using it on a over the hill spare forward is bad

this statement made me laugh.

I think EC is done as a Ranger... he didnt get much ice time down the strech. he is good as gone

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:34 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Rangers probably sit at about $22.5 mil in cap space after these two signings, probably more... I expect us to end up caving to Richards' requests to a point and giving him 7 or 8 years, a 7.5 hit. Lets even assume his cap hit is 8. That still leaves you with 14 million dollars to re-sign Callahan, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sauer and Boyle. I would bet that one of Wolski or Just how much do you think these guys are going to cost?

14 million divided up by five is about 2.8 mil per player. This is without getting rid of Wolski or Christensen either. We're fine.

Get rid of Christensen and Wolski, and the space is ~17 million at about 3.75 a player. Boyle, Sauer and Anisimov won't get all that much, and I don't see Callahan or Dubinsky costing a ton more than that.

Old
07-01-2011, 10:40 PM
nyr5186

I like both Fedotenko (and Rupp), but if the extra $3 mil allotted to two 3rd/4th liners prevents us from being able to match or beat any other offer for Richards, that's pretty poor asset management. I would much rather pony up to Richards and give him the $7.5 mil per year that it would seem to take to sign him than bring in both Fedotenko and Rupp. Why couldn't we just use the money we gave to Rupp on the one player that we most desperately need?

nyr5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Kershaw

Love this. Glad to have Fedotanko back

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:52 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Solid signing if Richards gets signed I'd expect a third line of:
Boyle AA Feds
Which is a pretty solid shutdown line.

Kids like Hagelin will play in Hatford until injuries happen.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

And now Hagelin has no spot unless someone else messes up

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:56 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
And now Hagelin has no spot unless someone else messes up
Or they made this move because they thought that Hagelin will not be ready for full time NHL duty.

Question, can either Avery or Feds play the RW?

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Or they made this move because they thought that Hagelin will not be ready for full time NHL duty.

Question, can either Avery or Feds play the RW?
Avery has played all three forward positions at various points in his career. Not sure about Feds.

Old
07-01-2011, 10:59 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
YEY FEDS!!!!!!!

**** YEAH!!!!!!

Add Richards, Boyle another year wiser, Avery, Feds, Prust & Rupp, hell even Dubinsky...we look nasty!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Not redundancy, we can spread the size to complete the line with the not so physical players. That's fine, let them concentrate on their role without as much worry of being clobbered.
Gaborik definately needs some next to him.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Anyway, as far as Hagelin, he's hardly being blocked out. Both Zip and Cerny predicted moves (trades or buyouts) that will likely free up a spot or two to competition. Past that, Avery and Wolski are both inconsistent and not favorites of Torts. Would anyone be surprised to see either of them waived? I wouldn't be. If a kid earns a spot, he'll be given it...I think that has become clear over the past two years.

No one expected Derek Stepan to make the team last year. But he was great in camp and preseason, and won himself a spot. McDonagh and Sauer were so good, the team felt compelled to move Rozsival.

Again, if there's a kid making a strong push for a spot, the Rangers will accommodate that. They're going about it the right way--keeping veteran reinforcements around until a kid actually forces his way into regular action. I think the team has sent every signal that they're planning on being contenders this year, and you don't become contenders by just holding spots open for guys that haven't even played a regular season AHL game.

Hagelin is my favorite prospect, but he's far from a blue-chipper that you reserve a spot for. Let him earn it. I think he will.

Old
07-01-2011, 11:43 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Such a redundant signing. Feds although I like him doesn't bring anything to the table at his age that a Whale guy doesn't do and for twice the price. He's obviously one of Tort's boys but I just don't see what the point of this is. I understand depth is good but we're already up to our eyes in 3rd and 4th liners including the Whale guys. Are there any more borderline 3rd liners for us to sign? ****.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote