HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Svboda on 93.7

Old
07-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Jimmy LeRieux
Hated By 29 Fanbases

vCash: 500
I think Mario should give #68 to a rookie, or Godard,,,anyone. Remove any posters of that ho',,and put a black patch over his name on any banner. He is dead too me now, and moves past Barry Bonds on the hate-o-meter of Pittsburgh Athletes.

Jimmy LeRieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Kruncher11
a whole lotta grease

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanRhythm View Post
After about a minute of nonsensical jibberish, he says (paraphrasing)
"...it was never about the money....it was about where he felt he had the best chance to succeed and win"

Of course it was about the money, Philly is NOT the best place to go if you want to Win. Not more than pittsburgh or detroit anyway.

Kruncher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Milliardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I would say with the AHL is better and I think the KHL and Swedish Eilite league are similar. So you could say the third best behind the NHL and AHL but you would have trouble convincing me that the KHL is better than the AHL. Granted they do have elite NHL talent like Radulov and Jagr but as a league I think the AHL is better depth.
If you think the AHL is the 2nd best league in the world you're nuts. BTW, check out which team won the european champions league.

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
BeefWellington
Enjoy the Ment.

He went for the money no doubt about it. I think if he wanted to be the #1 superstar he would've went to MTL. Atleast Philly has Giroux,. Maybe he really is that delusional (which he proved he is) and thinks he has a better chance of winning the cup in Philly.

BeefWellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Honestly, after this, I hope his #68 never hangs beside Lemieux's #66 up in the rafters.

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu Picchu View Post
He went for the money no doubt about it. I think if he wanted to be the #1 superstar he would've went to MTL. Atleast Philly has Giroux,. Maybe he really is that delusional (which he proved he is) and thinks he has a better chance of winning the cup in Philly.
I am hoping/praying/wishing that the Penguins meet the Flyers in the 1st round and Orpik goes hulk mode and smashes him.

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Badman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTheBrave View Post
Honestly, after this, I hope his #68 never hangs beside Lemieux's #66 up in the rafters.
It won't. Not as long as Mario owns the club.

Badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:52 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

If I heard right, Svboda never mentioned winning. He said that Philly was "the best place for Jaromir to succeed." He acknowledged Pittsburgh has a "great team", and Philly was trying to become that.

Josh Miller picked up on that and mentioned it post interview. "You notice that Svboda never mentioned winning. He never said 'the best place to win', he said 'the best place for Jagr to succeed.' So it isn't about team success but personal success for Jagr."

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Svboda says Jagr went to the best team he thought had a chance to win a cup. I'm sure the Pens will take that into consideration come playoff time. We all know what happened with the last guy who thought that.
Did Svboda and Jagr hear that Philly had recently traded Carter and Richards in return for youngsters/prospects? Maybe that bit of news hasn't reached the Czech Republic yet, so he was looking at their roster from about a month ago.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 07:57 PM
DwightKSchrute

And Philly thought they had locker room problems before

DwightKSchrute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:38 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

After Svboda was on, Starkey mentioned he called a former Pen's player and teammate of Jagr to be on the show to discuss the Jagr situation. Starkey said the player didn't want to be on, saying about Jagr, "he isn't worth my time". Could have been the Ole Two-Niner, just guessing. As I have heard Bourque speak derogatorily about Jags in the past.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
HuskerTornado
Those Aren't Pillows

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
As a side note -- man did Rossi ever **** up with this whole ordeal. If you're going to use anonymous sources to say there's already a deal between the sides, how about making sure you're actually right?
My feeling is that when Jagr talked with Mario on the phone last week, Mario felt that he had a deal in place (and this is where the done deal talk started as people that talked with Mario or heard second hand, etc. passed it along to the press). Svoboda got in Jagr's ear about testing out other teams and getting more cash, and then trying to call Shero's "bluff" on this morning's deadline. After the smoke had cleared, the only team left with an offer on the table at noon that wasn't a complete turd of a team was Philadelphia.

Of course, that's probably completely wrong...

HuskerTornado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:41 PM
SEALBound

Last time we were "Hossa'ed"...you all know the outcome

Penguins - Flyers...Eastern Conference Championship...book it.

SEALBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Long Duk Dong
Sammich King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
My feeling is that when Jagr talked with Mario on the phone last week, Mario felt that he had a deal in place (and this is where the done deal talk started as people that talked with Mario or heard second hand, etc. passed it along to the press). Svoboda got in Jagr's ear about testing out other teams and getting more cash, and then trying to call Shero's "bluff" on this morning's deadline. After the smoke had cleared, the only team left with an offer on the table at noon that wasn't a complete turd of a team was Philadelphia.

Of course, that's probably completely wrong...
I can't see why Jags would sign with Philly. GMRC was tired of the games, Svoboda being a dick, yes. Jagr isn't stupid, and he got stuck taking the best offer. If it was about the money, he still could make much more loot in the KHL.

Ultimately, Svoboda works for him, not the other way around. Someone ****ed up. That's it.

Long Duk Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:14 PM
JustSidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post

I really wish that would happen.

Sportscenter: The Penguins beat the Flyers 5-1 and win the series 4-0. They will move on to the stanley cup final.

However in reality-

Sportscenter: The Penguins beat the Flyers 5-1 in the last game of the season and now the Flyers won't make it to the playoffs.

JustSidding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:20 PM
87isgod

I really don't know what to make of this situation its so weird. What I do know is svoboda and jagr are the same breed of horses ***** and belong together. I think there was a lot of saving face as well on both sides. Once jagr realized there was more demand for him then he realized he started to waver. I mentioned this next thought in a different thread as well I think once he started to waver he started thinkin about lil stuff and ultimately his ego couldn't answer to a 23 year old kid in his eyes in the locker room although sid is a million times the man already he will ever be. That's beside the point. Then he realized well pronger is as big a deuche as me we will probally get along being we are dinosaurs and got the old boy mentality. Good fit in the end. Can't wait to watch it implode in philly...again.. sidenote I feel bad for talbot wait til he gets a hold of the ****storm he's about to walk into. He should of went to another contender instead preferably in the east cause seeing him in flyer orange may sting me more than seeing jagr in it.

87isgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
BeefWellington
Enjoy the Ment.

How awesome would it be if Jagr pulls a Forsberg and plays 2 games, decides he can't play at the NHL pace anymore and retires.

BeefWellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

So, the Flyers wanted to clean up their locker room and eliminate the off-the-ice frat boy distractions. They then proceeded to sign THE frat boy in Talbot for five years and the human headcase in Jagr. Solid moves.

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:26 PM
vikingGoalie

The philly fans will rip him apart at some point, at which point he'll be dieing alive in philly.

Pronger got Carter and Richards off the team because they were clashing in the locker room. So how's that not going to happen with Jagr?

Perhaps this was our secret plan. We'll siphon off almost 2 mill a year for a 4th liner character guy and we'll toss in a spoiled man-child into a locker room that had a lot of issues last year.

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Shady Machine

yeah I still can't figure out what the hell is going on in Holmgren's head

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
You can beat'em so try to troll'em.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 12:04 AM
SEALBound

SEALBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 12:13 AM
mvhkyfn14t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Yes, that is the weird thing. He not only overpays, he overpays by a lot. No way JJ or MT are worth what they got IMO.

mvhkyfn14t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Fogel
Analytics please

I wonder how much $ Jagr could have made from endorsement deals and what not if he had gone back to the Pens? I'd wager that it would exceed the difference in salary.

Fogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Sour Shoes
lol u mad cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensational View Post
I think Mario should give #68 to a rookie, or Godard,,,anyone. Remove any posters of that ho',,and put a black patch over his name on any banner. He is dead too me now, and moves past Barry Bonds on the hate-o-meter of Pittsburgh Athletes.
i'd like to see matt cooke wear #68.

Sour Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote