HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

czerkiskz is the same as druken

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Raging Bull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recidivist
The American version of St. Nicholas, or Santa Claus originally came from the Dutch version called Sint Klaas. The Dutch settlers in New Amsterdam (New York) brought this fun and lively tradition to North America.
Thanks for the daily tid-bit Recidivist. Now who in heck came up with the idea that 100 year old midgets are the ones that build and assemble the toys?

Old
09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Pappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
you've never seen him play. you don't know anything about him.

i can't stand harold druken. don't like him one bit. i don't care where he's from. you're the one who always focusses on where a player comes from with your anti-canadian views.

everyone in the hockey world would tell, druken is capable, he's just chosen to throw it all away.

same thing applies to you. you can believe anything you want, but it doesn't make it so.
Your right Frankie he's one of those Alberta Seperatists and a card carrying Ralph Klein supporter

Old
09-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Pappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
"czerkiskz" is the worst attempt I have ever seen at spelling his name.
Back in the day we would just call him the Pollack and that would be the end of it, can't do that in the Politically correct times we live in today.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull
Thanks for the daily tid-bit Recidivist. Now who in heck came up with the idea that 100 year old midgets are the ones that build and assemble the toys?
Psst...They are elves

Old
09-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
Psst...They are elves
*woosh* Really? I actually thought they were disgruntled old midgets that couldn't find any other work.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:29 PM
Christ

Quote:
*woosh* Really? I actually thought they were disgruntled old midgets that couldn't find any other work.
There is always the postal service

Old
09-09-2005, 12:32 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Since you asked:

In the pagan times of Scandinavia, people believed that house gnomes guarded their homes against evil. Although these gnomes mostly were benevolent, they quickly could turn nasty when not properly treated, so it is told. Throughout the centuries, they were either loved or loathed. Some people even believed them to be trolls and cannibals. The perception of gnomes largely depended on whether a person was naughty, or nice.

When Christmas became popular again as a festive season in the middle-1800s, Scandinavian writers such as Thile, Toplius, Rydberg sketched the gnomes' true role in modern life: fairies that are somewhat mischievous, but the true friends and helpers of Father Christmas (Santa Claus). They are the Christmas elves. Artists such as Hansen and Nyström completed the picture of elves for us.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
There is always the postal service
Ever since a particular episode of Seinfeld, I can no longer discuss the postal service with a straight face. That and it reminds me of my towns postal office worker. He is 500 lbs, rolls around on a chair in the middle of winter with the air conditioning cranked, panting like a dog.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Since you asked:

In the pagan times of Scandinavia, people believed that house gnomes guarded their homes against evil. Although these gnomes mostly were benevolent, they quickly could turn nasty when not properly treated, so it is told. Throughout the centuries, they were either loved or loathed. Some people even believed them to be trolls and cannibals. The perception of gnomes largely depended on whether a person was naughty, or nice.

When Christmas became popular again as a festive season in the middle-1800s, Scandinavian writers such as Thile, Toplius, Rydberg sketched the gnomes' true role in modern life: fairies that are somewhat mischievous, but the true friends and helpers of Father Christmas (Santa Claus). They are the Christmas elves. Artists such as Hansen and Nyström completed the picture of elves for us.
Recidivist = Human Encyclopedia

You should change your username to Father Time.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Recidivist = Human Encyclopedia

You should change your username to Father Time.

Since you implicitly asked:

Father Time is a mythical personification of time. He is usually depicted as an elderly bearded man, dressed in a robe, carrying an hourglass or other timekeeping device (representing time's constant movement) and a scythe (linking time's passage with the inevitability of death). This image is culled from several sources, including the Holly King, the Celtic god of the dying year, and Chronos, the Greek god of time.

Old
09-09-2005, 01:30 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
you don't know anything about him.
You're right Frankie, we can just disregard his last 5 years and pretend he's this great 30 goal scorer in the NHL.

Feel better?

Old
09-09-2005, 01:31 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Since you implicitly asked:

Father Time is a mythical personification of time. He is usually depicted as an elderly bearded man, dressed in a robe, carrying an hourglass or other timekeeping device (representing time's constant movement) and a scythe (linking time's passage with the inevitability of death). This image is culled from several sources, including the Holly King, the Celtic god of the dying year, and Chronos, the Greek god of time.
don't forget to quote the source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Time

Old
09-09-2005, 01:36 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy
Your right Frankie he's one of those Alberta Seperatists and a card carrying Ralph Klein supporter
Most of us expats are from the Country Formally known as Canada.

Sorry, to say I never did get out to PEI, NWT, Nunavet or NFLD&LAB.

We've left the borders open ...

Old
09-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55
You're right Frankie, we can just disregard his last 5 years and pretend he's this great 30 goal scorer in the NHL.
i think everyone here is talking over your head. you're simply not understanding.

either that or you're arguing just for the sake of it.

i never ever said he was this great 30 goal scorer in the nhl. i just said he has the talent and is capable of it. that's all.

Old
09-09-2005, 03:38 PM
BORAT

I hate eggs

Old
09-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte
don't forget to quote the source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Time

You're on the nose.

I had to footnote so darn extensively in my academic years that I get sloppy now and then in retirement.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Closed Thread