HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Hedberg #1 By Spring?

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Sorry but the only example is that is irrelevant was yours.

Those are all examples of a #1 starter spot who loss their job due to the fact that they got outperformed by the Ex-backup.

If you want to look for an exact same situation, unfortunately i could not do that for you since last time i check there are only one Cloutier and one Hedberg in the NHL.
You actually think those situation's in any way resemble that of the Canuck situation? Just because goalies changed does not make it comparable. Inane logic if you ask me.

Old
10-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Peter Griffin

The most comparable situation would probably be Minnesota's with Roloson and Fernandez. But personally, I feel that both Wild goalies are a lot worse than their numbers show.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Reign Nateo

I don't think either will be around this time next year.

If Cloutier continues to play inconsistant and whiffs a few more I think we could see a lot more of Hedberg.

Personally I feel a lot more comfortable with Hedberg in net than Cloutier.

Old
10-20-2003, 01:45 AM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

Send a message via ICQ to quat
My grandmother is going to play for the Canucks in the playoffs, and the team will ride her to the SC.

Now, I'm sorry, but that just sounds wrong, but I wont' delete it.

Hedberg has a real advantage over Cloutier, in that the Canucks puck rushing style of hockey really fits with a goalie who can handle the puck well. Hedberg may have better focus as well.

But

I think Cloutier may actually be better at stoping the puck. I will be interesting to see if Dan can learn to keep his focus and at least be consistant when playing the puck. Both will help the team and himself a great deal.

Closed Thread