HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida signs Theodore, 2 years, $1.5 per

Old
07-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Gudbranson44

vCash: 500
after yesterday, im sure vokoun is kicking himself for turning down that last offer tallon gave him LOL!

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:50 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
after yesterday, im sure vokoun is kicking himself for turning down that last offer tallon gave him LOL!
I really really hope that is the case !

Wouldn't it be funny if Vokoun came back to Dale crying and asking for 2M to come back ?

I would shut the door on his nose...

So much for all the talks about going to a contender. Maybe he can sill find one. But had he knew we were going to be THAT aggressive he would have signed an extension.

Welcome home Tomas... KHL people will like you and you may find a winner there !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:07 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post

Wouldn't it be funny if Vokoun came back to Dale crying and asking for 2M to come back ?

So much for all the talks about going to a contender. Maybe he can sill find one. But had he knew we were going to be THAT aggressive he would have signed an extension.

Welcome home Tomas... KHL people will like you and you may find a winner there !
I can tell you he reaaaally wanted to play here.

I can summize he lets his agent do his work as most if not all do.

I can guess its ugly on the phone this morning.

Also, DT too smart to cut his nose if something can still be worked out, however unlikely.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:35 AM
ShootIt

Like this signing.

He played well last year, we got him on a dirt cheap contract for a potential #1 goalie.
And if he sucks, we don't have a lot of money on one goalie if we want to bring Markstrom up for a couple of games.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:40 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post

I wouldnt. I would still take him back, and have Clemmensen either demoted to the minors, or try and get anything for him in a trade. Im not saying Theodore cant get us to the playoffs, but we are going to have to rely on both him and Clemmer to get us there. Vokoun alone would give us a better shot than those two combined.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:01 AM
harv3317

as usual many of you are overrating vokuon. he was no saviour for us and his only credential is a gold medal. i'm not going to go over all his shortcommings again. suffice it to say that i love this signing. if theodore plays up to his potential he is head and shoulders above vokuon. vezina and hart trophy winner and actually does steal games!!!! he was partying too much in montreal, don't know what happened in colorado, but he's played well for the wild, so it seems he is regaining his old time form and wants to prove something. he's more mature now, has been through his ups and downs so i don't think south beach will create a problem. i am hoping and expecting theo to live up to his potential. as far as vokuon, don't let the door hit you on the way out. you tried to cash$$ in big time on a mediocore career and got called out!!! what contender are you going to now? phillie, wash., colorado???? greed and mediocraty don't make good bed fellows!!!!!!
theo, show these guys what a real top 5 goalie plays like. here's hoping you live up to your potetial and do great things in sunrise. you deserve to show the league what you can do!!!!!!

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:07 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
as usual many of you are overrating vokuon. he was no saviour for us and his only credential is a gold medal. i'm not going to go over all his shortcommings again. suffice it to say that i love this signing. if theodore plays up to his potential he is head and shoulders above vokuon. vezina and hart trophy winner and actually does steal games!!!! he was partying too much in montreal, don't know what happened in colorado, but he's played well for the wild, so it seems he is regaining his old time form and wants to prove something. he's more mature now, has been through his ups and downs so i don't think south beach will create a problem. i am hoping and expecting theo to live up to his potential. as far as vokuon, don't let the door hit you on the way out. you tried to cash$$ in big time on a mediocore career and got called out!!! what contender are you going to now? phillie, wash., colorado???? greed and mediocraty don't make good bed fellows!!!!!!
theo, show these guys what a real top 5 goalie plays like. here's hoping you live up to your potetial and do great things in sunrise. you deserve to show the league what you can do!!!!!!

theres just no evidence to this Vokoun bashing... sorry but its laughable to consider Vokie mediocre...ie TSN said he is by far the best goalie FA available, and the Best FA overall after Richards.

That said If its theodore moving forward, I hope your superlatives and excuses pan out.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:08 PM
harv3317

vokuon signed for 1.5 because it's probably the only offer he got, or the offers wern't much more from non contenders. originally i thought vokuon would get $3mill. i was wrong and generous!!!!!

Old
07-02-2011, 06:24 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
I've read some stupid things on this website...

Last edited by StrangeVision: 07-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.
StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:34 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
vokuon signed for 1.5 because it's probably the only offer he got, or the offers wern't much more from non contenders. originally i thought vokuon would get $3mill. i was wrong and generous!!!!!
He was offered more from us and Colorado that I know of. He took less money for 1 year for a chance to win the cup. Can't say I blame the guy and I wish him good luck.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Erick

Quote:
Vokoun got many offers over 1.5, and he got offers over 3 too. As time went on, he became the only goalie available in a market where not many teams needed one. His agent screwed him of more money.

He probably had better offers than 1.5 today, but Washington was his best chance at winning a Cup - the only thing he hasn't accomplished in his career.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:40 PM
gizmo12688

vCash: 50
The only real thing that sucks about Vokoun leaving is that we couldn't trade him at the deadline this past season.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Here's the difference between Theo and Vokoun in regards to the Panthers:

Vokoun signs and is our #1, We are play-off bound and could do some serious damage. If these players don't mesh well and Dineen is a disaster at least Vokoun has proven he can carry a team (especially this one, with its lack of offense) for a while and we at least have a shot at making the play-offs. He was the only reason why we were even in the hunt for the play-offs the past few years.

Theo as our #1, we have a good shot at making the play-offs but if things fall apart as stated above, I don't see Theo as a game-breaker or being able to hold the fort. From his time in MTL (save his Vezina year), Colo, and Wash I always felt he was soft. Whenever the cats played against Wash and he was starting, I always felt like we had a chance to win and that is saying a lot considering the teams we have fielded and the lack of scorers and offense.

Don't ask me about Clemmer. He should spend more time on the beach with the amount of beach balls I've seen end up in the net.

What do you guys think?

Bure1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
Here's the difference between Theo and Vokoun in regards to the Panthers:

Vokoun signs and is our #1, We are play-off bound and could do some serious damage. If these players don't mesh well and Dineen is a disaster at least Vokoun has proven he can carry a team (especially this one, with its lack of offense) for a while and we at least have a shot at making the play-offs. He was the only reason why we were even in the hunt for the play-offs the past few years.

Theo as our #1, we have a good shot at making the play-offs but if things fall apart as stated above, I don't see Theo as a game-breaker or being able to hold the fort. From his time in MTL (save his Vezina year), Colo, and Wash I always felt he was soft. Whenever the cats played against Wash and he was starting, I always felt like we had a chance to win and that is saying a lot considering the teams we have fielded and the lack of scorers and offense.

Don't ask me about Clemmer. He should spend more time on the beach with the amount of beach balls I've seen end up in the net.

What do you guys think?
I think you're right about Vokoun.

I think Theodore and Clemmensen can do just fine if the team in front of them plays well, as expected. Theo had a solid year last year in Minnesota. Clem isn't nearly as bad as you said; he actually had some great games last year. He's also proven in the past that he's an NHL goalie, especially with a good team in front of him (in NJ).

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Doyle

Been There, Done That: The Jose Theodore Saga
http://nhlhotstove.com/been-there-do...theodore-saga/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Been There, Done That: The Jose Theodore Saga
http://nhlhotstove.com/been-there-do...theodore-saga/
Great article, nice read

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 05:41 PM
harv3317

sounds like a good honest guy who wanted to be here. i have confidence in him and can see that he knows his role here and can have a positive effect on markstrom.