HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? (Cont'd)

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2011, 08:52 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
The Edge 1.0's on River City Sports are now down to $99.
Nice heads up. Soo pissed, the only one I really wanted was an alternate Yotes to make a Bryz...they were in stock yesterday and must have sold out.

Old
06-30-2011, 09:39 PM
orangecrush8

Quote:
The Edge 1.0's on River City Sports are now down to $99.
Sweet thanks a ton!

I just picked up the old white jersey with plans to make it a Giroux rookie jersey

Old
07-02-2011, 02:11 PM
KaraLupin
카라

So what is the consensus best "fake" site to buy from in terms of Philly jerseys?

Old
07-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
So what is the consensus best "fake" site to buy from in terms of Philly jerseys?
Prepare to be bashed...

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
07-02-2011, 02:15 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Quote:
Prepare to be bashed...
lol why?

Old
07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
lol why?
You'll see soon enough.

Old
07-02-2011, 02:17 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Quote:
You'll see soon enough.
Are there alot of "real" crusaders in this thread?

Old
07-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Mosetter27

yes... floutown get em you can have this one lol

Old
07-02-2011, 02:37 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Are there alot of "real" crusaders in this thread?
the "consensus" is you will die a slow and painful cancerous death from the cheap poisonous dyes they use to make them. the ironic thing is you have a chinese avatar and so you might just be supporting your own country with your purchase.

Old
07-02-2011, 02:39 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Are the Flyers changing the lettering or something about their jerseys this year? I thought i read something on another sight about it

Old
07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
orangecrush8

I think I will have to buy two Kings jerseys this year. I really wanted Gags back

Old
07-05-2011, 12:13 AM
flountown

Quote:
Most of us in here only support the buying of real jerseys. Do yourself a favor and do the same. Not that I will lose sleep if you do, but at the end of the day, you can find many arguments in earlier portions of this thread, as well as note that site rules prohibit the discussion of counterfeit merchandise.

So take a look at River City Sports sale, or other legitimate retail outlets for jerseys on the cheap, there are deals out there to be had, you just need to look.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:18 AM
PuckBoy33

Ch-cha-cha-changes (David Bowie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
Are the Flyers changing the lettering or something about their jerseys this year? I thought i read something on another sight about it
Long-time season ticket-holder was told that the white namplate and the black nameplate are both gone. White jersey will have black font name. Orange jersey will have white font name.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Long-time season ticket-holder was told that the white namplate and the black nameplate are both gone. White jersey will have black font name. Orange jersey will have white font name.
If that is true, that would suck. The off colour nameplates make the Flyers jerseys that much more unique from everyone elses. And with the majority of the jerseys in the league being very similar, that uniqueness is a nice change of pace

Old
07-05-2011, 09:37 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Does anyone have a replica Carter Orange or new jersey they are trying to rid themselves of on the cheap? M-XL is preferred.

Old
07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

I had to ask this, not trying to stir up trouble, but I want to get an honest answer from you guys who are all for the licensed jerseys.

When I go into Modells I have the option of paying $125 for a replica where the numbers have an ironed on layer on a sewn on patch and the font on the name is incorrect. Why is it ok for Reebok to offer us garbage quality at a high price? Those numbers fade after a few washes too, which makes the value even lesser.

Old
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
I had to ask this, not trying to stir up trouble, but I want to get an honest answer from you guys who are all for the licensed jerseys.

When I go into Modells I have the option of paying $125 for a replica where the numbers have an ironed on layer on a sewn on patch and the font on the name is incorrect. Why is it ok for Reebok to offer us garbage quality at a high price? Those numbers fade after a few washes too, which makes the value even lesser.
Because they can? They hold all of the licenses. Supply and Demand, people will pay that price.

Old
07-05-2011, 01:52 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

The other thing I don't understand is why it is so hard for retailers to get the font right on Flyers jerseys. The ones you see in Modells are wrong, the ones at the Flyers skatezones are usually wrong, Lloyd Sixsmiths etc. Its a ***** to get the real deal anyway.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:15 PM
PuckBoy33

solution

Get a lesser-known player jersey from MeiGray.

Old
07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
PuckBoy33

winter classic update

Quote:
Also same source states Winter Classic jersey will be the late 80s early 90s version of the orange sweater (think Ron Hextall).

Old
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
flountown

Quote:

You can solve this by heading to a Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Boscov's that are clearancing replica Premiers in the 15-30 dollar range, then drop it off at a Skate Zone where they will send it out to be properly customized by the same company that does the on-ice jerseys...

Old
07-05-2011, 04:39 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
now thats ghetto. i'm annoyed that the flyers have succumbed to changing their jerseys constantly like teams that have no tradition. you dont see the red wings doin this. i was a fan of the nameplates too. i thought we'd get a few more years out of them. wud they give us 1 year on the roads? damn. as for the winter classic being the orange, thats cool but i kinda got used to the photoshopped picture of the quakers jersey. i heard from a season ticket holder that all the moves holmgren made was just to sell new jerseys also. its all about movin product.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
now thats ghetto. i'm annoyed that the flyers have succumbed to changing their jerseys constantly like teams that have no tradition. you dont see the red wings doin this. i was a fan of the nameplates too. i thought we'd get a few more years out of them. wud they give us 1 year on the roads? damn. as for the winter classic being the orange, thats cool but i kinda got used to the photoshopped picture of the quakers jersey. i heard from a season ticket holder that all the moves holmgren made was just to sell new jerseys also. its all about movin product.
"i heard from a season ticket holder that all the moves holmgren made was just to sell new jerseys also. its all about movin product"

Would you have us believe Mr. Snider would allow Homer to make personnel moves purely to move merchandise?... If there were the case he would merely have them become Canucks East and change jersey styles every now and now.

Snider is all about winning the third Cup and IMO he would give no audience to any such suggestion.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:55 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Lol that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Richards was one of the top selling jerseys in the league, if they wanted to increase sales they would have just done the changes or released a 3rd.

Also, I'll be pissed if they change the plate color, that was one of the cool things about our unis, actually standing out in this boring cookie cutter league. I miss the late 90's.

Old
07-05-2011, 09:03 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:

Lol Mark you ballsack no one buys those. Blame the markup by Modell's and the NHL and Reebok's licensing fees. I believe the authentics sell to retailers for $180, and the replicas like $40-60, I forget. There's a demand for "cheaper" jerseys, and yea RBK is gouging a bit, but that's what happens when you have an exclusive manufacturer.

No one should pay more than $50 for a replica, and $150 for an authentic. And knock-offs smell like fish and are made by 8 year olds.

Closed Thread