HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Anyone else still depressed about Boston winning?

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2011, 12:11 PM
ToysInTheAttic

vCash: 500
Bruins won the cup because they were the best team.

My depression comes from the fact that the Habs lost in OT in the 7th game. However, when you consider that the Habs came close to beating them without Gorges and Markov in the line-up that bodes well for the future. Love how Gauthier is focusing on Subban, Weber, and Emelin this season; the proper move imo.

Old
07-02-2011, 12:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

As stupid as this sounds, the B's winning is probably means zero to me. I mean, with the off-season its pretty easy right now obviously. Maybe when they hang banner and the bruins face us, i'll feel it, but right now, it's like it never happened. I found so many bounces when their way i find it hard to feel they destroyed us or the tbl. Hell, i saw 'putting the whistles away' in game 7 of TBL series as a favour to them, because TB is lethal on PP.

In any case, my friend and I even joked about it yesterday. We basically say last thing we remember is that it was 3-2 series Vancouver and then a riot broke out and the stanley cup finals were cancelled for the year.

Old
07-02-2011, 12:32 PM
tinyzombies

I don't like that certain friends of mine have bragging rights with they don't deserve, otherwise I think this should give Montreal some incentive to win in the future. Signing Erik Cole and Markov shows that Gauthier is serious. Not sure why he signed Kostitsyn, but there's always the trade deadline. I want playoff players in here! But we need more goals too.

Old
07-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Don't lynch me...

I wasn't mad that the Bruins won. They definitely deserved it more than Vancouver and it was just laughable seeing them crumble the way they did. I laughed the entire 7th game because it was just pitiful seeing the Canucks out there. I never liked the Canucks so it was pretty hilarious to me. All my friends were devastated, I was laughing.

I thought it would be really annoying to have Bruins fans everywhere throwing nonsensical bs about "we won the cup goon goon goon *monkey sound*" but it hasn't been that bad. I think Bruins fans in general have a newfound respect for the Habs seeing as we were their hardest series. I think they understood that we don't dive, cheapshot and complain any more than other teams in the league.

Old
07-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Lafleurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If the Habs don't win it, I couldn't care less who does
Couldn't have said it better.

Last edited by Lafleurr: 07-02-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old
07-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Bob Cole

Nope

Got over it 2 hours after they win.

Old
07-02-2011, 01:22 PM
neofury*

All I can say is the sooner we win the cup the sooner we put their celebrating to rest

Old
07-02-2011, 01:29 PM
LeMAD

Would have been depressed if the Canucks won.

But we're still the last Canadian team winning a cup. And we're just half Canadians...

Old
07-02-2011, 01:30 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
it still hurts but im really looking forward to next season and when the puck drops vs the laffs ill completely forget ...

we'll get it next year

Old
07-02-2011, 02:23 PM
JR33

"I think Bruins fans in general have a newfound respect for the Habs." Um, no. Boston is unique among North American cities in that it has more schools per square foot than any other city. It was an every child must be able to read and interpret the Bible thing... Boston has Harvard and MIT, and a lot of smart people who settle their after college. And your average Boston fans thinks that Montreal's team dives too much, has a very strange passive-aggressive nature, and that since the draft advantage has gone away is just another team. We took in Begin after he broke Savard's back with a cross-check. And we're taking in Pouliot now that your coach didn't know how to use him. What we won't do is call the Boston police every time Price chops at Lucic's heels. Good luck next year...

Old
07-02-2011, 02:30 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
no you know why? because they bought the cup. Only person who deserves an ounce of credit is Tim Thomas, the rest can go up a tree for all i care.

To me their Cup win doesn't mean anything, when you have all the calls, plays, etc... in your favor from piss poor refereeing, and a joke of a discipline committee.

As far as I'm concerned last team to win the cup was Chicago.

Old
07-02-2011, 02:32 PM
mrCoffea*

As a Habs fan, this might sound like blasphemy, but I preferred the Bruins winning than another Canadian team.

I hate every other Canadian team and city, so if Montreal can't win I don't want a Canadian team to win. Boston was the absolute worst possible back-up plan to Vancouver winning, but if anything it intensifies the rivalry and will make me feel much better if we destroy them next year (and honestly, we have a good chance if everything goes to plan and players stay healthy)

Old
07-02-2011, 02:32 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
no you know why? because they bought the cup. Only person who deserves an ounce of credit is Tim Thomas, the rest can go up a tree for all i care.

To me their Cup win doesn't mean anything, when you have all the calls, plays, etc... in your favor from piss poor refereeing, and a joke of a discipline committee.

As far as I'm concerned last team to win the cup was Chicago.
I feel dumber suddently.

Old
07-02-2011, 02:34 PM
mrCoffea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Would have been depressed if the Canucks won.

But we're still the last Canadian team winning a cup. And we're just half Canadians...
How are we half Canadians? Get the **** out of here

Old
07-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR33 View Post
"I think Bruins fans in general have a newfound respect for the Habs." Um, no. Boston is unique among North American cities in that it has more schools per square foot than any other city. It was an every child must be able to read and interpret the Bible thing... Boston has Harvard and MIT, and a lot of smart people who settle their after college. And your average Boston fans thinks that Montreal's team dives too much, has a very strange passive-aggressive nature, and that since the draft advantage has gone away is just another team. We took in Begin after he broke Savard's back with a cross-check. And we're taking in Pouliot now that your coach didn't know how to use him. What we won't do is call the Boston police every time Price chops at Lucic's heels. Good luck next year...
For a post bragging about how smart Bostonians are, this was one of the biggest nonsensical pieces of garbage I've read on these boards in a while.

Old
07-02-2011, 02:36 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
The best player we ever drafted with our "advantage" is Réjean Houle.

And I'm not sure where you are going with your amount of school thing, but Montréal has the highest number of university students in North America.

And if people around Boston would be that intelligent, they wouldn't believe in anything they read in the bible.

Old
07-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The ignorance you've spewed in this post floors me. I have to ask, did you attend Harvard or MIT?

I'd highly recommend you stick to watching Bruins games. As your knowledge of the Habs and our fan base is just down right embarrassing.

Oh and good luck to you too.

07-02-2011, 02:50 PM
JR33

The dynasty days are over and Montreal is now just another team. The Bruins were the best defensive team in the east last year and also had the best +/- but some of you guys are trying to say that the Julien's team got lucky. We just played better two-way hockey than anyone else in the east last year. And the numbers will back that up. Beyond that, the team showed a lot of heart and character after Rome's late hit on Horton in the finals. They buy into Julien's system, have a bunch of young talented forwards and stars in Chara and Thomas. You guys can underestimate us all you want, but whether it was hockey karma or the hockey gods we won it all this year. I'm glad you guys are happy with your team and insofar as your teams interests don't collide with mine next year, I wish you all the best PS If Pouliot finds a home on our third line with Seguin and pots 20-25 Julien is going to look like a really good coach... and for 1.1m, Chiarelli is going to look like a really good gm...

Old
07-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Etienne

I'm happy for Thomas and I'm hopeful the Bruins winning the Cup on top of Daddy Campbell not handling discipline will end the favorable treatment the goons in Boston had all year.

Side note: I'm also so fking happy the SCF were on VS and not NESN. Having to listen to that clown Jack Edwards saying "and the Bruins win the Stanley Cup, MOUAHAHAHAHAHA" would send me in anger management therapy.

Old
07-02-2011, 02:57 PM
skule123

Quote:
and that since the draft advantage has gone away is just another team
Please do us all a favour: show us how smart you are, and precisely define the draft advantage the Canadiens had. A lot of us don't seem to know about it as well as you do, but you seem like a really bright guy with sources you can use to document your claim on this matter.

Greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Old
07-02-2011, 02:58 PM
WG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
The ignorance you've spewed in this post floors me. I have to ask, did you attend Harvard or MIT?
I'm going to go with "no" on that one.

Originally Posted by JR33
...It was an every child must be able to read and interpret the Bible thing... Boston has Harvard and MIT, and a lot of smart people who settle their after college.

The unfortunate part of 'no child left behind' is that a few have to be carried. Sometimes upside down for long stretches.

Old
07-02-2011, 03:04 PM
JR33

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
Please do us all a favour: show us how smart you are, and precisely define the draft advantage the Canadiens had. A lot of us don't seem to know about it as well as you do, but you seem like a really bright guy with sources you can use to document your claim on this matter.

Greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
I'm sure you can google montreal canadiens draft advantage just as well as i can...

Old
07-02-2011, 03:15 PM
JR33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
The best player we ever drafted with our "advantage" is Réjean Houle.

And I'm not sure where you are going with your amount of school thing, but Montréal has the highest number of university students in North America.

And if people around Boston would be that intelligent, they wouldn't believe in anything they read in the bible.
Boston has more college kids than Montreal - you could google it - but believe what you want. The larger point was that you people in Montreal think that people in Boston don't know anything about hockey are somehow care about it less. This thread had people going on about how Boston was lucky and undeserving. The Bruins were the best defensive hockey team in the east last year and had the best +/-. In the salary cap world that comes down to the team that Chiarelli and Julien put together and coached. From believing in Tim Thomas when others didn't think he was worth $5m per year to building around Chara, they have made solid decisions. I don't expect you guys to acknowledge that, but I've got to restore a little reality in here.

Old
07-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
I am actually on medication. and i suspect the thread starter is a troll.

Old
07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Well, the simple fact is that your bolded critique of the Habs has nothing to do with the Habs organization, and everything to do with Quebec law.

Chara throwing Pacioretty's head into into a stanchion at full speed, which you are referring to in an apophantic manner; as something akin to Price slashing at Lucic, simply reflects the dissembling over-valuation of a very, very small number of Boston fans.

Seeing as you point out how educated are people in the Boston area, I'm sure you understand the tenuous nature of the assertion of this thread post.

Closed Thread