HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Are the Flyers now Pronger's team?

Old
07-02-2011, 03:20 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Are the Flyers now Pronger's team?

With the departure of Richards and Carter, I felt that it was likely that management was probably listening to Chris Pronger.

Well Jagr gave an interview with NHL.com and during the conference call Jagr said

He said he spoke with Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, coach Peter Laviolette and defenseman Chris Pronger.

Kind of makes it seem like Pronger was likely interviewing Jagr as well as pitching him on the team. As a Montreal fan, I've always been a fan of Pronger and how he elevates his game come the playoffs. I think Holmgren was right to choose Pronger over Carter and Richards.

But it sounds like he's more than just a defenceman on the team at this point.

edit: mods can move this if they want to somewhere more appropriate, I think its threadworthy but I'm not sure of where to put it in your forum

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:23 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
It's typical for players to talk to other players when they're considering going to other teams. It's really no different in any industry where people know each other, the best way to determine if you want to work for a company is to talk to others who you know that work there. They'll give you the real scoop.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:24 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
With the departure of Richards and Carter, I felt that it was likely that management was probably listening to Chris Pronger.

Well Jagr gave an interview with NHL.com and during the conference call Jagr said

He said he spoke with Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, coach Peter Laviolette and defenseman Chris Pronger.

Kind of makes it seem like Pronger was likely interviewing Jagr as well as pitching him on the team. As a Montreal fan, I've always been a fan of Pronger and how he elevates his game come the playoffs. I think Holmgren was right to choose Pronger over Carter and Richards.

But it sounds like he's more than just a defenceman on the team at this point.

edit: mods can move this if they want to somewhere more appropriate, I think its threadworthy but I'm not sure of where to put it in your forum
He's going to play goal.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Pronger is probably the only player that he really actually knew from his time in the NHL on this team. Timonen maybe.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

I think it's largely been 'his team' - but, I don't see using Pronger as an ambassador to free agents as any major sign of a hierarchy shake-up.

He's an affable, funny, big name who likes living in Jersey and playing in Philly.

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
It has been his team since he arrived imo

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Flyerfan808