HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Official Nashville Predators 2011 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Broom of the System

vCash: 500
Well, there goes Gagne, now there is officially no UFA out there to fill our top 6 opening. Kings are looking pretty darn good...

Old
07-02-2011, 03:06 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Well, there goes Gagne, now there is officially no UFA out there to fill our top 6 opening. Kings are looking pretty darn good...
First contract of this free agency I'm jealous of.

Old
07-02-2011, 03:07 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
hard to believe that on the free agent market Gagne=Upshall>Jagr???

when i saw the prices yesterday I knew the UFA route wasnt gonna be happening for us.

We have to get all this RFA stuff settled, then see if someone will trade us a winger.

Old
07-02-2011, 04:06 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
hard to believe that on the free agent market Gagne=Upshall>Jagr???

when i saw the prices yesterday I knew the UFA route wasnt gonna be happening for us.

We have to get all this RFA stuff settled, then see if someone will trade us a winger.
Yep, I was hoping for Gagne. Damn. Oh well, I'm used to free agency letdown. Come on Poile, scrape the bargain bin as usual.

Old
07-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Yep, I was hoping for Gagne. Damn. Oh well, I'm used to free agency letdown. Come on Poile, scrape the bargain bin as usual.
Trade Franson (signed) + Lindback(signed) + Prospect for a top 6 forward

Sign defenseman Babchuck. Okay defensively, big shot from the point, good on the powerplay.
OR
Sign defenseman Kaberle. Okay defensively, great breakout passer, silky smooth skater, good on the pp.

Sign back-up Conklin. Playoff experience, steady.

Done.

Last edited by Everlong: 07-02-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Jarnberg

The team simply doesn't have the money to sign anyone. I just wish Poile would come out and say it to temper expectations. We'll be really close to the midpoint just re-signing our own guys.

You also have to consider the nightmare offseason next year:

UFA:
Tootoo
Suter
Bouillion
Rinne

RFA:
Wilson
Geoffrion
Blum
Franson
Lindback

And before the everything is okay brigade comes in...I'm not panicking but I do think the team needs to improve offensively to get to the next level.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 07-02-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old
07-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The team simply doesn't have the money to sign anyone. I just wish Poile would come out and say it to temper expectations. We'll be really close to the midpoint just re-signing our own guys.

I'm not panicking but I do think the team needs to improve offensively to get to the next level.
That's the thing though, guys like Babchuk, Kaberle, Conklin won't break the bank. With little tweaks, and a little more activity on Poile's part, the team can improve offensively without throwing cash at guys..

Old
sighthndlady

Is Poile counting on Lombardi to be healthy? They weren't perfect, but we are officially minus Sully, Dumont, Ward and Goc, and we're not plus anybody. Collectively, that's a fair number of points to replace.

Old
OpenWheel

The last time anybody showed (not just told) Colin Wilson they thought he wasn't all that great, he went home and lifted weights to get better. So maybe he'll have a big year.

If it all works out, a healthy Fisher for a full year, a healthy Tootoo for a full year, a hungrier and more detailed Wilson. A Kostitsyn who won't start with a hurt foot and won't need Trotz to explain to him about effort again. If. It could be good... May get more scoring from the defense too.

Old
07-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
The last time anybody showed (not just told) Colin Wilson they thought he wasn't all that great, he went home and lifted weights to get better. So maybe he'll have a big year.

If it all works out, a healthy Fisher for a full year, a healthy Tootoo for a full year, a hungrier and more detailed Wilson. A Kostitsyn who won't start with a hurt foot and won't need Trotz to explain to him about effort again. If. It could be good... May get more scoring from the defense too.
Lets be honest.. if we are counting on Fisher (career high 53 points) and Tootoo (career high 18 points) we will be struggling for offense.

Old
07-02-2011, 04:46 PM
OpenWheel

Let's be honest. Of course we're going to struggle for offense.

But I don't think we'll be worse . Several young guys could improve. Tootoo is a marginal third liner or good fourth liner. 18 points yes, but obviously he's better offensively than a few years ago. 7 of the 18 points came in the last 7 games. And 6 points in the playoffs including one nice game winning assist to Smithson. Fisher had surgery and he looked good in our system so if he's healthy we are better. Wilson has hit a wall each of the last two seasons, hopefully that will be better.

Losing Goc is a blow. But less so if Fisher plays well, and if O'Reilly gets a little better. And as usual, we need Erat and Legwand to stay healthy. I'm assuming Kostitsyn signs and I see no reason for him not be just as good with another year in the system. Maybe Hornqvist will score a few more.

I really think we'll score more goals with who we have. Feel reasonably confident of that. Whether it will be enough, I don't know, probably be marginal as usual.

On a different topic... I think we get nothing for Sulzer's time with the Panthers. As they chose not to sign him and the 7th round pick was conditional on a re-sign. Not much diference between a 7th and nothing I suppose.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 07-02-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old
07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
markie8002000

Free Agents that are left :

http://sbn.to/iv2ikI

Closed Thread