HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Forsberg and Hatcher both injured

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Christ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic
Forsberg and Hatcher will both miss about 3 weeks and most of training camp because of injuries.
Not surprised that they are injured. Those two are as brittle as Karpovtsev (I can't believe that I remembered how to spell his name). I will say though that I am surprised that the injuries happened so soon.

Old
09-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess
Details are sketchy...

Early reports indicate he may have dropped the soap in the post practice shower.

The report does not mention if other players, or contact was involved in the injury, or if he simply injured the knee bending over to pick it up...
I hope he was not unfortunate enough to drop the soap while showering with Brashear...that would certainly explain the injury...

Old
09-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Except is not funny, or even remotely ironic. Perhaps if they were to miss games during the season, then it would be somewhat ironic. And fans of every team have berated the Leafs decision making this off-season...gonna start threads about every team's injuries? Didn't think so.

Forsberg's injury is ankle bursitis. That's not serious in the least. He'll be back during training camp. Hatcher may not even miss games during the season, depending on how well he recovers.

God forbid a Leafs' player has a minor ache or pain during camp. If they do, you'll be sure to hear about it. A lot.
Hey you know what, pal? We ALREADY heard about it, ad nauseum, ad infinitum, about how injured our team was, is and will be. Lots of injury remarks from people on your board.

You're right about one thing, though...this situation with Philly is definitely NOT ironic. Forsberg is held together by baling wire.
I would've risked the money on him too this offseason, so I'm not making fun of you for signing him...but you are smart enough to realize Forsberg's health situation. The Flyers don't look nearly as strong without him in the lineup, either.

Old
09-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot
Time will Tell but my bet is that Forsberg will end up on the short side of Games Played next to one of Lindros and Allison ... maybe even both.
Maybe, maybe not. But the good thing about that is that at least neither Lindros or Allison is our first line center.

Old
09-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
this is funny

go flyers go to the injury list

Old
09-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Maybe, maybe not. But the good thing about that is that at least neither Lindros or Allison is our first line center.
For sure. I just really think that Forsberg needs to lay low and change his style to stay healthy or else he is going to be a great disappointment for Flyers fans. His style doesn't allow for him to remain healthy. Lindros running everyone over for 7 years hurt him in the long run and Forsberg Crashing and Banging relentlessly has cost him too. Similar situations ... all players have to change their style as they age. Reminds me of Golfers changing their swing as they get older.

I really think that the Flyers are weaker now then they were in the 04 Playoffs.

Amonte, Reechi, LeClair and Roenick = huge loss and without Forsberg they're a team without a go to guy.

Old
09-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot
Amonte, Reechi, LeClair and Roenick = huge loss and without Forsberg they're a team without a go to guy.
Not to mention, Zhamnov was great for them in 04 playoffs as well. Replacing those 5 guys with Peter, Knuble, and a couple of rookies is an extremely dangerous proposition. Richards and Carter better be as good as Philly fans advertise them to be, else Philly will find it very hard to keep up with other teams scoring-wise.

Old
09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCJr
how did hatcher hurt himself, he didnt try to move again did he???
Reminds me of several phone calls I have with my Uncle.

Uncle: "Hey Gary, can you come and fix my computer again? Keeps giving me a error message"

Me: "I told you last time. Stop turning it on, and it will work fine."

Old
09-10-2005, 07:47 PM
NoamHemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Forsberg will miss about two weeks, and none of the season.

Hatcher was suspended for the first three games of the season anyway, so he'll miss only a few games, if any.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Point of the matter is that all of the "experts" drooled over the Flyer signings yet all of the Leaf signings were terrible due to injury concerns. Yet, Hatcher missed almost all of last year and Forsberg can't stay healthy.

Not to mention, they didn't even make it into training camp before hitting the infirmary.

But as we are accustomed to in Leaf land the experts will continue topraise the Flyers while the Leaf's signings will continue to be questionable.

C'est la vie.

Closed Thread