HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else still depressed about Boston winning?

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2011, 06:59 PM
theboss*

vCash: 500
Nope Boston got lucky. Boston put on the worst display at celebrating the cup when they won game 7. It was like they were not happy. I can't blame them, they do not play for a winning organization. It's not in their blood to win like us. Only 1 cup in the last 39 years, hahaha that is too funny.

Old
07-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
BOSTON GOT LUCKY????? How bot Roy in 93? Would Habs have won the cup without him? Bruins outscored Canucks something like 24-8 in Finals and you say it was all Thomas??

I will say this. Bruin/Habs 1st round was an awesome series and one of the best I ever watched! I've been a Bruin fan a long time and can barely remember the 72 cup. I waited all my life for this and it was awesome. But you guys know the feeling.

Good health Hab fans!!
It was all the failure of the Canucks and Thomas.

Old
07-02-2011, 07:07 PM
JR33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Geez you need to know your hockey history a bit more! Boston got lucky because they had in their goals a netminder that would stop a puck without seeing it with an outstretched glove even with 5 Habs players lying on him. Pure luck; wont ever happen again, he peaked at the best time.

But Patrick Roy is in the HOF of hockey and Thomas never will be so that takes cares care of Roy's "luck".. Roy wrote hockey history, he revolutionnized the way goalies work now and he changed the game forever. Thats not "luck": thats T A L E N T. Pure and simple.

Edit: PS: i prefer to see the Bruins win a Cup way more than seeing the Leafs winning one. If the Leafs would win it all well i'd freakin go jump off the Mercier bridge. (if i can get to it with all the traffic...)
When they get rid of Burke and get a really good gm then you can start a five year clock on Toronto's competitiveness. Burke decided, at a great cost, to build around a one-dimensional sniper with no leaderships skills and no work ethic, then decided not to get a good center to skate with the guy he's building around (thus setting himself and the player up for failure), and then decides to take the most overrated dman in the league... that team is going nowhere until they get rid of their egomaniac blowhard of a gm. But he's intimidated everyone up there so he's as untouchable as he is clueless. After defensive stalwarts and a defensive system, you build around a two-way forward who has an impeccable work ethic and can lead by example. Burke has scrwd that team up in a big way. Their young guys can't grow into roles because there's no nucleus, no top center. You can't expect a Kadri or someone else to come in and be that guy from day one. And you can't expect a Brad Richards to want to play there. Veterans taking the minimum for one last shot at the cup? Good luck on that score too...

Old
07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Nope Boston got lucky. Boston put on the worst display at celebrating the cup when they won game 7. It was like they were not happy. I can't blame them, they do not play for a winning organization. It's not in their blood to win like us. Only 1 cup in the last 39 years, hahaha that is too funny.
What are you talking about?

Got lucky? Thomas was the Conn Smythe winner for a reason, their offense blew Luongo out of the water and their defense was able to slow down Vancouver's big guns. They also happened to sweep the Flyers and battled it out against the Habs and the Lightning. That is not luck, that is what happens when a team is complete from top to bottom, with a Vezina goalie to clean up the rest.

And I don't know about you, but they looked pretty happy to me.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
jcpenny

I hate Boston but they totally deserved it. They found a way to beat us when they never looked comfortable during the whole series. Thats what winners do, they find ways to win. On top of that, they will have a great team for years to come, well coached and well managed organization...I still hate them though!

Old
07-02-2011, 07:09 PM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I hate Boston but they totally deserved it. They found a way to beat us when they never looked comfortable during the whole series. Thats what winners do, they find ways to win. On top of that, they will have a great team for years to come, well coached and well managed organization...I still hate them though!
Stupid Leafs

Old
07-02-2011, 07:10 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Stupid Leafs
They insured Boston's future for the next decade...

Old
07-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
All I can say is the sooner we win the cup the sooner we put their celebrating to rest
Bingo. I just want to win a cup even MORE now. I HATE the Bruins though, I would have literally rathered ANY other team win the cup. It stings more when your biggest rival wins it all. Usually I cheer for the Habs, and when they're out I just wait for Boston and Philly to be out and then I'm happy with whoever else wins.

Old
07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

What happens if Boston meets the Leafs in the 1st round and blows them away in 4? Would the Bruins then be considered "Leaf-blowers"?

(yeah i know, the leafs making the series is sci-fi..)

Old
07-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Habskrieg

Bah, get over it. They won't win another for a while.

Old
07-02-2011, 09:10 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Honestly not really. Obviously at first I was a little angry but I don't care now.

I feel like with a healthy line up we would have beat them, and I honestly do believe it. Probably why I don't care.

Old
07-02-2011, 10:57 PM
PricePkPatch

Meh. The best team of the final clearly won. The Bruins just were superior in pure willpower than the Canucks.

Otherwise, happy to know they needed on purely lucky blocks on their end of the ice to avoid golfing when they faced us with a depleted team.

Bruins, beware. We are back full power, and we are gonna crush you. Whatcha got now, Pouliot?!

Don't count on Thomas doing backflips 60 games a year.

Old
07-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

If yes, a life needs to be acquired.

They won all of their series by being better. That's how it goes in sports.

Old
07-02-2011, 11:21 PM
wedge

I try not to think about it, but everytime I see a picture of the bruins with the cup, I throw it away. I can't look at it.

Old
07-02-2011, 11:31 PM
habspinner

Boston won the Cup?

Old
07-02-2011, 11:50 PM
jokerboysmith

Its funny this is still a topic on this board.

The Boston Bruins won the ultimate prize in professional hockey.

On the way to the championship they beat Montreal by one goal.

The celebration, parade and fan fair was one fore the ages.

Better luck next year.

Old
07-03-2011, 12:12 AM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

ohhh, boo hoo, now they're only 18 behind us. lofl, can you imagine how much it would suck to grow up being a fan of any other team than montreal. to always be reminded that you will never, EVER measure up to them. let them have their 6th cup, they've suffered enough at our hands.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:38 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Not at all. Life is much better on HF with the Nucks not winning.
haha this

Old
07-03-2011, 02:56 AM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Geez you need to know your hockey history a bit more! Boston got lucky because they had in their goals a netminder that would stop a puck without seeing it with an outstretched glove even with 5 Habs players lying on him. Pure luck; wont ever happen again, he peaked at the best time.

But Patrick Roy is in the HOF of hockey and Thomas never will be so that takes cares care of Roy's "luck".. Roy wrote hockey history, he revolutionnized the way goalies work now and he changed the game forever. Thats not "luck": thats T A L E N T. Pure and simple.

Edit: PS: i prefer to see the Bruins win a Cup way more than seeing the Leafs winning one. If the Leafs would win it all well i'd freakin go jump off the Mercier bridge. (if i can get to it with all the traffic...)

I think you read me wrong my friend. I was responding to a poster who stated Bruins were lucky and only won cause Thomas played so well. My response was: Would montreal have won the cup in 93 without Roy playing so well????

I was complimenting Patrick Roy for his outstanding 93 playoff run. He is one of the best ever without a doubt!!

Old
07-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Not at all. Life is much better on HF with the Nucks not winning.
This.

Seriously, I think I would have been depressed if the Nucks had the cup.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:16 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

I wouldn't say I'm depressed. More like disappointed at the league.

B's deserved that finals round, and Philly. The refs gave them game 7 in TB(Really, the first post lockout postseason game without a penalty is BOS/TB with TB possessing one of the best PPs in the league and ends 1-0?), game 7 in MTL(one offside OT winner, and one goal down with a high stick), and a got bunch of hypocritical passes from the league all season: Horton water bottle incident and sucker punch(remember Mays getting suspended for a sucker punch in the ducks run? How bout Tortorello for squirting a water bottle on a fan?) Ference finger(Wiz/Avery as examples), Rome gets suspended but Boychuk don't(Just thought I'd throw this beauty from the bruins board when talking about Rome "Every player that makes the NHL has been playing hockey at a high level for their entire lives, and while occasionally an incident will occur that is legitimately "out of a player's control", 90+% of what happens on the ice physically is under these players command.") in the playoffs alone. On top of Paille only getting 4 games and Marchand only getting 1 game for a hit that is blatantly THE verboten hit in the NHL this season, and Chara getting no games for his hit on patches during the regular season.

So, congrats to the B's and I'm happy for Thomas but the NHL has set itself back in my eyes, and I'm a bit dissapointed at that.

Last edited by MoobMoob: 07-03-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old
07-03-2011, 03:26 AM
OneSharpMarble

It has been a long team since I saw one of the ********* teams in the PO's win it all. Really makes you think if they can win it ANYONE can win it. Personally I think they will get embarrassed next year, they will go in thinking they are the team to beat not understanding how far down the food chain they really are.

Old
07-03-2011, 04:04 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Boston won the Cup?
apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old
07-03-2011, 04:57 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
It pisses me off, but its not like I think about it often? I mean, I moved on. I prefer to think of it as proof the Habs can actually win it all with the current core of player, this team is similar to the Bruins as far as talent level go and we have good playoff performers.

Old
07-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

It pissed me off when I saw chara lift the cup, but I was over it pretty quick.

The habs have a huge advantage on them in stanley cups so that makes it easier to digest. If they were in the lead in that category, it would probably still bother me today, but they aren't even close.

Closed Thread