HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Sullivan Appreciation Thread - Preds decide not to re-sign Sullivan

Old
07-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
You guys know better than anyone can we get a report on him? Does he play RW at all?
not very well

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Legionnaire11

awesome. was there a better fit for Sully? Probably not. Playing alongside Crosby, Malkin or Staal should do wonders for Sullivan as he won't be the main focus on his line. Pens also have plenty of guys who know how to stand up for their smaller stars. I really like this signing for Sully and the Penguins. If he's healthy, he can hit 20 goals again for sure.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
glenngineer

Funny that he signed in Pittsburgh. I was saying to Fish yesterday at the prospect camp that Sully would end up in Pittsburgh. Perfect fit for him playing along Crosby or Malkin. It's funny that Talbot left and Sully came in. Big upgrade for them as far as I can tell and as long as Sully stays healthy. Could very well put up 60-80 points playing with those guys. Good luck Sully. Hope you get your Cup but if we somehow face you in the Finals, the Cup is coming to Nashville and you'll have to wait one more year.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 04:54 PM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Good for you Sully, go get your Cup!

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 08:29 PM
AgentM

I've been a big admirer of Sullivan for the past few years now. I'm sad that he's leaving his home in Nashville but I promise that we'll take good care of him in Pittsburgh!

Quote:
You guys know better than anyone can we get a report on him? Does he play RW at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
not very well
Looks like we'll be forcing one of Sullivan, Neal, and Kunitz out of their comfort zone next year then.

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:33 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I've been a big admirer of Sullivan for the past few years now. I'm sad that he's leaving his home in Nashville but I promise that we'll take good care of him in Pittsburgh!

Looks like we'll be forcing one of Sullivan, Neal, and Kunitz out of their comfort zone next year then.
It's better than forcing either Staal or Malkin out of theres. It seems like a good fit. Shero learned from Poile in so many ways. They have turned into similar organizations in a lot of ways. I honestly think the more conservative teams are the winners in this market.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:20 PM
AEM6729

If the Preds don't get far in the playoffs next year I will become the biggest Penguins fan ever. It'd be great to see him finally win a Cup.

Sully will be back; he's said he plans on moving back here to live when his career is over. I can't remember how many kids he has but I think only one was born in Chicago, so Nashville is pretty much all they know. I'd love to see him in the broadcast booth or something someday.

I saw him at the DMV in Franklin in December...I wasn't gonna bother him, but then nobody else seemed to recognize him and I wanted him to know that some people do know about hockey around here, haha. He had scored an awesome shootout goal the game before so on my way out I just kinda tapped him and told him that the goal he had scored was badass. He laughed and thanked me, totally gracious. Everyone in line behind him was then looking all confused trying to figure out who he was!

He's a class act. Can't wait to have him back here.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:51 AM
AgentM

Quote:
It's better than forcing either Staal or Malkin out of theres. It seems like a good fit. Shero learned from Poile in so many ways. They have turned into similar organizations in a lot of ways. I honestly think the more conservative teams are the winners in this market.
I agree, I prefer to have Crosby, Malkin, and Staal all center 3 seperate lines.

As for Sully, has he been more of a setup guy or a shooter on the Power Play in his career?

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote