HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Would you give Richards the "C"?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2011, 06:55 PM
  #51
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I would have monthly captain rotations because Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan, Richards and Girardi are deserving of the C.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 06:57 PM
  #52
Primetime Powerplay
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Primetime Powerplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 8,477
vCash: 500
Nope

Cally:C
Dubi:A
Staal:A

Primetime Powerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:03 PM
  #53
Morris201
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
No shot.


We have a core of guys that are the heart and soul of the team. The likes of Richards and Gaborik, fit in as puzzle pieces around the core.

Let's leave it at that.

Morris201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
  #54
Forever Blue
Registered User
 
Forever Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 500
I'd have no problem with Callahan and Dubinsky being co-captains. They've been linked together their entire careers, and I think it would really have a positive effect on Dubi. Cally's going to have that same mentality whether he's the captain or the 13th forward.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
  #55
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Oh Helllll no.

callahan or bust.

Period!

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:10 PM
  #56
gotmonte
Registered User
 
gotmonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
I would have monthly captain rotations because Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan, Richards and Girardi are deserving of the C.
What are we? The Islanders!?

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:17 PM
  #57
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
I'm not shocked by the responses seen here, just a little shocked at the amount of respect given to Richards...

There's a reason a guy like Tort's wants a guy like Richards on this team, can you say LEADERSHIP and EXPERIENCE ? Just because the guy didn't have a "C" on his sweater in Dallas doesn't make Richards not deserving..Brendan Morrow was groomed from within the Stars organization and was justly awarded the "C" when Modano left after the 09-10 season.. This is a very similar situation, homegrown kid, busts his butt day in, day out, great work ethic...Major difference being experience..Does Callahan at 26 really deserve a "C" based on work ethic? I'm not saying he doesn't, but what kind of presence does he have away from the ice, in the lockeroom? If someone could shed light on that for me I'd be all over giving him the "C", but I'm hesitant due to experience, age and pressure that accompanies what entails wearing a "C" in the lockeroom...

I know it's been Ranger culture over the last decade to show up and "Loaf" it on the ice. That's all changed and we all appreciate seeing guy's like Cally, Dubi, Staal etc..work hard on a nightly basis, and that alone has "Won" folks over...But to be honest, isn't that what EVERY player in the NHL should be doing. Does this mean every HARD WORKING player in the NHL deserve a letter on their jersey?

There are responsibilities that go along with wearing a "C"..I'm not saying "Ritchie" deserves the "C" when he shows up to camp, nor am I saying don't give it to Cally..But I guess what I am saying is that this subject should be something worked out by the player's and coaching staff in camp. Richards will earn the respect of his teammates in camp quickly, he works hard and knows his craft, to dismiss giving him at least an "A" is ridiculous and in my opinion a "C" isn't out of the question...


Last edited by Jackpot: 07-02-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:18 PM
  #58
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM
 
BrianBoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: On the grass
Country: United States
Posts: 51,762
vCash: 300
Don't get why people are saying "Dubi or Staal".

Torts isn't gonna strip Staal of his A once he's already given it to him. THAT would send an ugly message. Also, I don't think Torts trusts Dubi enough to give him a letter anyway, in terms of maturity. Just speculating.

Callahan: C
Staal: A
Richards/Dubinsky/Boyle/Prust/Girardi/whoever: A

__________________

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:29 PM
  #59
DekeR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Agree with the majority, this is Callahans team and you can't spell Callahan without the "C". I like that Rupp quote.

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:32 PM
  #60
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,975
vCash: 500
I would have thought you wait till the end of training camp and let the playing group decide who gets the C, whether it be Cally, BR or someone else

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
  #61
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,494
vCash: 500
Callahan has earned the C.

A's to Richards + Staal and/or Dubinsky.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:45 PM
  #62
nyranger61494
YNWA
 
nyranger61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 500
Give Callahan the C. Give Home/Road A's to Staal, Girardi, Dubinsky and Richards. Rangers used to do that.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
  #63
Evgeni Giroux
Registered User
 
Evgeni Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
from an outsiders perspective your captain is RYAN CALLAHAN because he does it all. Marc staal should be an A, along with Dubi,

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:54 PM
  #64
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972sabres View Post
from an outsiders perspective your captain is RYAN CALLAHAN because he does it all. Marc staal should be an A, along with Dubi,
You're just saying that because he's from Rochester Seriously, he does bust his ass !!!!

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:55 PM
  #65
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
No, the C goes to Cap'n Cally. I would actually do what the Rangers did in '94 and give out 3 As.

C - Callahan
A - Dubinsky
A - Staal
A - Richards
^ I am on board for these appointments!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 07:59 PM
  #66
Evgeni Giroux
Registered User
 
Evgeni Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
You're just saying that because he's from Rochester Seriously, he does bust his ass !!!!
haha I am from ontario so I could care less. I like him tho

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
  #67
Evgeni Giroux
Registered User
 
Evgeni Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
actually you guys may follow in the footsteps of the sabres and do home and away captains

Home;

C- Callahan
A - Richards
A - Staal

Away;

C- Callahan
A- Dubinsky
A - Girardi

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
  #68
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
What worries about giving Cally the C is that he'll probably miss about 10 or more games per year.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:16 PM
  #69
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
as far as I'm concerned Callahan was the captain of the team last year anyway

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:16 PM
  #70
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
What worries about giving Cally the C is that he'll probably miss about 10 or more games per year.
lol so?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:22 PM
  #71
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
lol so?
Give it to a less fragile guy. I don't get why Dubi, Staal and Girardi are less coveted as captain when they've played more games than Callahan. I think it's a bit premature to give it Callahan IMO.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:22 PM
  #72
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,488
vCash: 500
I would give Bard Richards the C


Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:23 PM
  #73
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I would give Bard Richards the C

This.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:25 PM
  #74
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
I would have monthly captain rotations because Staal, Dubinsky, Callahan, Richards and Girardi are deserving of the C.


do NOT want

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 08:29 PM
  #75
Svenhart2008
Registered User
 
Svenhart2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 560
vCash: 500
As others have mentioned, it's Cally's team at this point.

Captain = Callahan

A's = Richards, Stall

Svenhart2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.