HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stamkos

Old
07-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Avalicious18

vCash: 500
Stamkos

Not saying I would do this...but for Tampa fans would this be at least CLOSE value for Stammer?
To Tampa:
Paul Stastny
Ryan O'Reilly
Calvin Pickard
Stefan Elliot
1st in 2013
To Colorado:
Steven Stamkos

I'm trying to keep Duchene and the newly acquired EJ so the Avs don't COMPLETELY destroy their roster. Even though I figure you guys will just ask for him anyways. I just want to know if this deal would make Tampa fans at least think. Stastny would probably hit PPG with Tampa(depending on his linemates). You also get RoR who is really liked in Colorado for his upside and current defensive ability. Perhaps a 50-60 point player in his prime with very good defense. I don't really know the goaltending situation in Tampa, but Pickard will be very good in a short amount of time. Elliot is a denfensman that could slot into your top 4 in a year or two. First would probably be anywhere from 10-20ish. What would need to be added or is this decent value?

Last edited by Avalicious18: 07-02-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Avalicious18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:48 PM
IdealisticSniper

I know you dont like it but anything for Stamkos would be EJ+Duchene+1st.

Id probably do that. Avs fans wont, and for good reason. But thats about what it would take.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Avalicious18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post

Id probably do that. Avs fans wont, and for good reason. But thats about what it would take.
No way haha. Thats a little too much overpayment. I know realistically it'd take at least one of those players, but honestly how far is my first offer?

Old
07-02-2011, 09:51 PM
officeglen

If you are trading for Stamkos, start with the very best player on your team, and then add to that.

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Avalicious18

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
If you are trading for Stamkos, start with the very best player on your team, and then add to that.
Stastny...

Old
07-02-2011, 09:54 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalicious18 View Post
Stastny
If you don't know the best player on your team, please look at last season stats.

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 09:55 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
No way haha. Thats a little too much overpayment. I know realistically it'd take at least one of those players, but honestly how far is my first offer?
Very far off. And yes it would take exactly what I said to get Stamkos. Period. Overpayment by a lot is exactly what it would take.

Quantity does not equal quality. And your first offer is all quantity and little quality. Stastny is decent but if thats the center piece than you know youre not in the ballpark.

Old
07-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Avalicious18

Quote:
Very far off. And yes it would take exactly what I said to get Stamkos. Period. Overpayment by a lot is exactly what it would take.

Quantity does not equal quality. And your first offer is all quantity and little quality. Stastny is decent but if thats the center piece than you know youre not in the ballpark.
I'm not throwing trash out there. These are pretty highly touted prospects that could fill some holes for Tampa. But if you feel they're only quantity, thats your opinion.

Old
07-02-2011, 10:06 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:

That may be what it "takes" to get Stamkos on any given day (ie. no contract disputes) but that isn't the "value" of stamkos.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 10:08 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
That may be what it "takes" to get Stamkos on any given day (ie. no contract disputes) but that isn't the "value" of stamkos.
Technically, if that is what it takes to get him, that would be the value of him no?

Old
07-02-2011, 10:42 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not saying I would do this...but for Tampa fans would this be at least CLOSE value for Stammer?
To Tampa:
Paul Stastny
Ryan O'Reilly
Calvin Pickard
Stefan Elliot
1st in 2013
To Colorado:
Steven Stamkos

I'm trying to keep Duchene and the newly acquired EJ so the Avs don't COMPLETELY destroy their roster. Even though I figure you guys will just ask for him anyways. I just want to know if this deal would make Tampa fans at least think. Stastny would probably hit PPG with Tampa(depending on his linemates). You also get RoR who is really liked in Colorado for his upside and current defensive ability. Perhaps a 50-60 point player in his prime with very good defense. I don't really know the goaltending situation in Tampa, but Pickard will be very good in a short amount of time. Elliot is a denfensman that could slot into your top 4 in a year or two. First would probably be anywhere from 10-20ish. What would need to be added or is this decent value?
Too much to give up. Not even saying that Tampa would necessarily accept, but it would significantly deplete us all over the place. Keep Stastny and the other assets. We are good to go.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote