HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2011, 10:35 PM
  #1
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,630
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Bring the Reign already! I am salivating, the season must start now, I cannot wait to open against the Rangers and that sissy B.Richards! GO KINGS! Long Live Flyers West!






__________________

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 10:38 PM
  #2
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,630
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This is what Mike Richards thinks of Brad Richards:


Telos is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 10:42 PM
  #3
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
So do we do anything else?

Do we sign a depth guy?

Who comes up from the farm?

Who scores the first goal of the season?

Julius Caesar Milan is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 10:44 PM
  #4
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,353
vCash: 500
Chris Kelly-type acquisition at the deadline. That's about it as I see it.

Ollie Weeks is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 11:11 PM
  #5
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
So do we do anything else?

Do we sign a depth guy?

Who comes up from the farm?

Who scores the first goal of the season?


If we could get him for under $1 million, would you guys want John Madden?

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 11:26 PM
  #6
Hendrydoso
Registered User
 
Hendrydoso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
I hope that we save the cap space remaining(after signing all of our RFA's) and leave some spots for the youth to get their cup 'o coffees maybe a few sticking around out of camp for a while. If they aren't ready then we have lots of assets and we should have the cap space to make some important trades to fill in the gaps.

Hendrydoso is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 11:44 PM
  #7
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
Excited we got Gagne and so soon. Didn't think he'd come out west but Richards and Williams had a big hand.

Altough I think we have become legit contenders, I don't want the fanbase to turn into Vancouver fans and become overconfident. We have the pieces in place but we need to stay healthy and play the games.

Looking forward to an exciting year next year. Starting to have that Gretzky era feel when I look down the roster but also with the hope of a future full of decent prospects in the cupboard.

Hoping that a kid like Holloway, Kozun, or Lokti will make it hard on the coaching staff this camp and will make the team.

Go Kings Go!

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 11:46 PM
  #8
Kingsfan1
Registered User
 
Kingsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Staples Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Kings should target Kyle Wellwood to play right wing on the 3rd line


He is 28 years old. Had 13 points in 35 games and was a + 10. Also had 7 points in the playoffs with a + 6 to go along with it.


He competes hard as well and can play right wing or center.


Clifford-Stoll-Wellwood


DO IT DEANO !

Kingsfan1 is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 11:51 PM
  #9
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,630
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Prospect-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier

I don't think we need to sign anyone else. Those lines look perfect to me.

Telos is offline  
Old
07-02-2011, 11:55 PM
  #10
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Prospect-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier

I don't think we need to sign anyone else. Those lines look perfect to me.
Parse?

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:06 AM
  #11
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,630
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Parse?
Sorry, thought he was injured during preseason Fine, I will settle for Parse, though part of me wants a gritty prospect to earn the spot.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Parse-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier


Last edited by Telos: 07-03-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Telos is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:18 AM
  #12
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Sorry, though he was injured during preseason Fine, I will settle for Parse, though part of me wants a gritty prospect to earn the spot.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Parse-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier
Richie is primarily a LW. He can play on the right side, but he's a little less effective there IMO.

I like the idea of rolling 4 lines. People act like Westgarth is a lock, but he only played 56 times last year. Even Terry realizes sometimes you need 4 capable lines and an enforcer isn't always necessary. Fraser doesn't belong in the NHL.

Because of the aforementioned, and the fact that Parse, Gagne, and Williams are all injury prone, I think adding an additional 3rd line RW makes sense.

johnjm22 is online now  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:18 AM
  #13
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: England
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
Parse-Loktionov-Richardson
ex:
Cliche/Holloway/Westgarth

or

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Parse-Lewis-Holloway
ex:
Cliche/Westgarth

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:19 AM
  #14
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,630
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Richie is predominately a LW. He can play on the right side, but he's a little less effective there IMO.

I like the idea of rolling 4 lines. People act like Westgarth is a lock, but he only played 56 times last year. Even Terry realizes sometimes you need 4 capable lines and an enforcer isn't always necessary. Fraser doesn't belong in the NHL.

Because of the aforementioned, and the fact that Parse, Gagne, and Williams are all injury prone, I think adding an additional 3rd line RW makes sense.
I think so too, I prefer Lewis and Richardson to swap places, also I think Lewis is fits better with Stoll and Clifford, but I think Richardson's seniority wins out with Murray. We'll see. Either way, I am glad we are nitpicking about third and fourth lines finally and not first or second.

Telos is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:21 AM
  #15
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,630
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
Parse-Loktionov-Richardson
ex:
Cliche/Holloway/Westgarth
I like it, but Murray would never allow a fourth line of speedy offensive, non-gritty players. He is a Flyer, we must have an enforcer.

Telos is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:23 AM
  #16
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,495
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
well.... Richardson is nowhere effective than the center position.
Even with his playmaking qualitys he is a waste at the 4th line.

We should set up 3 real scoring lines and one powerfull stopper tool.

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagner - Richards - Brown
Parse - Richardson - Lewis
Clifford - Stoll - King ..... yes, this King because of his speed. He could develope into a perfect 4th line destroyer

Kurrilino is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:26 AM
  #17
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
why does everybody pencil gagne on the second with MR, because of the history?
I would love to see Kopitar play with someone who can actually finish for once.

bobafettish* is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:27 AM
  #18
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,202
vCash: 500
As I said before I like Antti Miettinen. He's versatile, plays a two-way game, can score 40 points in a bottom six role, and can be bumped to the 2nd line if there's an injury. He's mainly a RW, but can also play on the left side.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Miettinen

Ridiculously solid top 9.

johnjm22 is online now  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:35 AM
  #19
KingsCourt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
why does everybody pencil gagne on the second with MR, because of the history?
I would love to see Kopitar play with someone who can actually finish for once.

That was my thought too.

KingsCourt is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:42 AM
  #20
KingLB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Chris Kelly-type acquisition at the deadline. That's about it as I see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrydoso View Post
I hope that we save the cap space remaining(after signing all of our RFA's) and leave some spots for the youth to get their cup 'o coffees maybe a few sticking around out of camp for a while. If they aren't ready then we have lots of assets and we should have the cap space to make some important trades to fill in the gaps.
Compine these thoughts. You give young kids a chance early, and if during the season you deem them not ready, you move a 3rd/depth prospect/both for a quality bottom 6er at the deadline.

KingLB is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:44 AM
  #21
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
If we could get him for under $1 million, would you guys want John Madden?
I could picture Lombardi biting on somebody like John Madden to bring in a bit more Stanley Cup experience. Another old timer might even be Jamie Langenbrunner who has always been known as a solid locker room presence.

They're both old, I know, but you can easily imagine Lombardi citing that the addition of their type of experience and character to the team would be valuable beyond just statistical numbers.

Primakov! is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:49 AM
  #22
cneil99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Dennis Bernstein of the 4th period a few times on twitter tonight that there is one more big move the kings could be involved with. I asked him if it was a D or F, he says forward. I don't have a clue what more they could do.

cneil99 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:56 AM
  #23
Ajtacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huntington Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil99 View Post
Dennis Bernstein of the 4th period a few times on twitter tonight that there is one more big move the kings could be involved with. I asked him if it was a D or F, he says forward. I don't have a clue what more they could do.
I'm so happy with what we have I don't want to do a thing until the deadline.

Ajtacker is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:59 AM
  #24
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajtacker View Post
I'm so happy with what we have I don't want to do a thing until the deadline.
You're lying if you say you aren't the least bit excited about the possibility of a "big move".

That said, I doubt anything comes to fruition.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 01:38 AM
  #25
cnshockey
A World Alone
 
cnshockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,088
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
You're lying if you say you aren't the least bit excited about the possibility of a "big move".

That said, I doubt anything comes to fruition.
I'm not excited nor lying. I'm ecstatic with where we are. A big move will cost. No thanks.

cnshockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.