HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Official San Antonio Rampage Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2011, 10:36 PM
jordanpwilliams

vCash: 500
very excited Yonkman will be back with us next season. Thank you for watching out for us down here in San Antonio.

Hope to see some depth guys signed in the coming days to add some more skill for us

and... Wow, what a day for you guys in South Florida.. Congrats... Coming from a home grown hockey fan in a non traditional market... Very excited for you Panther fans who have stuck it out through the down years

Old
07-02-2011, 04:53 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Thanks ATF!
You da man. err... frog?

Old
07-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Holy Jokinen

Was wondering if we could get a general sketch as to how SA's lines are gonna look next season, what holes are left to be filled etc... Granted, i understand there's a lot of speculation as to who will make the big club, and who will start in the AHL.

Old
07-02-2011, 05:12 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Here's what I'm thinking for at least some of the lineup (all of the below are signed or QOs were extended):

Kennedy - Cullen - Repik
Jenks - Timmins - Hazen
Luciani - ?? - McArdle
Wilson - ?? - Duco/Selleck

Robak - Deryluk
Caruso - Oberg
Comrie - ?? (maybe Lapoint)

Markstrom
Plante
You can update this ^^^

Old
07-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Kennedy-Cullen-X(they have to sign someone)
Duco-Rallo-Luciani
Wilson-Jenks-Hazen
Selleck-Timmins-McArdle
Hauswirth?

Yonkman-Kostka
Oberg-Robak
Derlyuk-Caruso
LaPoint-Comrie

Markstrom
Plante

Old
07-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Duco-Rallo-Luciani
Wilson-Jenks-Hazen
Selleck-Timmins-McArdle
Hauswirth?

Yonkman-Kostka
Oberg-Robak
Derlyuk-Caruso
LaPoint-Comrie

Markstrom
Plante
How do you think this team will do?

07-02-2011, 07:26 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Duco-Rallo-Luciani
Wilson-Jenks-Hazen
Selleck-Timmins-McArdle
Hauswirth?

Yonkman-Kostka
Oberg-Robak
Derlyuk-Caruso
LaPoint-Comrie

Markstrom
Plante
Wouldn't that be Repiks spot?

Old
07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
How do you think this team will do?
You know the more I think about it, they could use another wing signing for the 2nd line also, that would bump Duco down, although he did have 20 goals last season. If they do that, they are a lock for the playoffs. Great goaltending, should be a solid defense, and a good offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Wouldn't that be Repiks spot?
I'm kinda thinking we would just keep Repik up with the panthers because if we sent him down he would have to pass through waivers. Although we might send him down anyway, we might be so full up front, although I kinda doubt that. It depends whether they feel the necessity him playing a lot is worth the risk of him potentially being claimed off waivers. I'm guessing it's 50/50 he would get claimed. Of course, he could make the Panthers starting lineup although that's not likely, or we could have injuries and he'd get a shot. I'd like to see San Antonio taken care of though no matter what happens with him. If we do send him down and he does pass through, then it's a good problem for them to have.

Old
07-02-2011, 09:18 PM
jordanpwilliams

Quote:
Duco-Rallo-Luciani
Wilson-Jenks-Hazen
Selleck-Timmins-McArdle
Hauswirth?

Yonkman-Kostka
Oberg-Robak
Derlyuk-Caruso
LaPoint-Comrie

Markstrom
Plante
I like what I'm seeing here... That Rallo signing was big for us... Mainly to get him out of a Texas Stars uniform... If we went to OT you knew who was going to score the game winner...

Old
07-02-2011, 11:04 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanpwilliams View Post
I like what I'm seeing here... That Rallo signing was big for us... Mainly to get him out of a Texas Stars uniform... If we went to OT you knew who was going to score the game winner...
Didn't he have a hat trick of OT goals vs us this year?

Also, it is nice to be excited about young goalies again.

Old
07-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
Didn't he have a hat trick of OT goals vs us this year?

Also, it is nice to be excited about young goalies again.
For whatever reason, the Panthers are great at drafting goaltenders. Markstrom is the cream of the crop in the NHL right now, but even guys like Cheverie (7th rounder) and Brittain (4th) look to be pretty good prospects. They may not have #1 NHL potential, but with the right development, I think we've set ourselves up very nicely.

Old
07-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Yes, it's not only goaltending that you should be excited about... With the depth we've given ourselves over the past days, you're going to see a lot of talent coming through San Antonio over the next few years !

On a side note... Being affiliated to PHX, what young goalies in the past have you guys been excited about?

Old
07-03-2011, 12:53 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Rattrick pretty much said it all.
We also had Salak, who we more or less gave away and looks to be the backup for the Blackhawks next year. I wish we could have kept him somehow as "goalie insurance".
And Plante is a big feisty guy who will be pushing Markstrom wanting to take over the #1 spot on the Rampage.
Goaltending will be the least of your worries!

Also:
Brian Foster had a 2.30 GAA and .918 save % in 19 games for the Cylones last year as well. Not to shabby.
He looked good in last years Panthers prospect camp.

The Cincinnati Cyclones are our ECHL affiliate.
http://www.cycloneshockey.com/

Last edited by JP Mick: 07-03-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old
07-03-2011, 02:09 AM
jordanpwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
On a side note... Being affiliated to PHX, what young goalies in the past have you guys been excited about?
We had Mark Visentin to look forward to but we all figured he wouldn't be in San Antonio for very long... Matt Climie was a great AHL signing for us last year, but his young defense and lack of offense later in the season really hurt his record.

The Rampage looked like they would compete for the Calder through the first half of the season but injuries in SA and PHX really hurt the team. We lost players like Tim Stapleton and Jed Ortmeyer to NHL contracts and Petr Prucha ended up going back to Russia mid season.

Phoenix called up most of our skill players only to have them sit in the booth on most nights.. By the end of the season we found our selves with a team full of grinders and inexperienced d-men.

Knowing the team we had at the beginning of the season and having to watch it all fall apart was very difficult for all us down here in San Antonio.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:14 AM
jordanpwilliams

Just thought of this... How does our ECHL affiliation work?

Do we stay with Las Vegas?

Old
07-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Just thought of this... How does our ECHL affiliation work?

Do we stay with Las Vegas?
You got the Cincinnati Cyclones now, they're our ECHL affiliate. We got the primary affiliation there too, Nashville shares with us.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:19 AM
jordanpwilliams

Quote:
You got the Cincinnati Cyclones now, they're our ECHL affiliate. We got the primary affiliation there too, Nashville shares with us.
I figured, but no one has updated their websites with the current info... So I wanted to make sure

Old
07-03-2011, 05:56 AM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
We had Mark Visentin to look forward to but we all figured he wouldn't be in San Antonio for very long... Matt Climie was a great AHL signing for us last year, but his young defense and lack of offense later in the season really hurt his record
Yeah. I was excited to see Climie since I was hoping he'd bring some stability, but he wasn't exactly a spring chicken anymore. Seems like beyond Tordjman who came from the Q, many of our goalies had been journeymen or spent time with their former club's AHL team (like Montoya).

And last season was a toughie. So much hope at the beginning of the season, but losing players and being in the West just started to take its toll. The crowds were better so hopefully they can retain some of that.

Anyway, I too cannot wait til they start updating the website more. Right now it looks so blank and sad. Also just realized that this will be the first year many of the kids experience the Rodeo road trip, oh boy.

Old
07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Which of our prospects are eligible to play in AHL? D

Do Repik, Matthias, Dadonov, McArdle have to go thrue waivers to play in AHL?

Old
07-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Which of our prospects are eligible to play in AHL? D

Do Repik, Matthias, Dadonov, McArdle have to go thrue waivers to play in AHL?
I'm sure that Repik, Matthias and McArdle all have to go thru waivers to play in the AHL...doubt Matthias ends up in the AHL anyway. But not too sure about Dadonov as I doubt believe he's played enough pro games to have to go thru waivers. I also dont expect him to be in the AHL anyway.

Old
07-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Kate

Anyway, I too cannot wait til they start updating the website more. Right now it looks so blank and sad. Also just realized that this will be the first year many of the kids experience the Rodeo road trip

Wow! I haven't been on this board forever, and it's changed! Anyways, I agree with the others in that Nate does a great job keeping all of us informed on his blog. And I agree with Kayla about that horrid rodeo road trip! For those of you that DON'T know, the whole team is banished (along with the Spurs) out of San Antonio for the month of February for the rodeo. And it's awful for the fans and probably the team too. Anyways, welcome to the new players and fans. San Antonio is not a hockey town, but we do have a lot of fans. Great rivalry IMO between Texas, Houston, and us.

Old
07-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'm sure that Repik, Matthias and McArdle all have to go thru waivers to play in the AHL...doubt Matthias ends up in the AHL anyway. But not too sure about Dadonov as I doubt believe he's played enough pro games to have to go thru waivers. I also dont expect him to be in the AHL anyway.
I don't see how Dadonov fits onto the team. Unless injuries. Repik for sure doesn't have room and will most likely be waived if not able to trade. Which could be a big mistake

Old
07-03-2011, 10:42 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Our new San Antonio allies are a breath of fresh air around here.

Welcome aboard guys (and gals)!

Old
07-03-2011, 10:47 AM
SARampage

Thanks for the update on lines. Couple questions though as I go through these rosters. I don't see Wilson on capgeek yet. Are they expecting him to sign? Usually see kids come up at end of year to play and sign. La Point also (don't see him on capgeek).
Also saw somewhere that Markstrom had an injury that may delay him starting the beginning of the year. Any truth to that? Plus they are offering 2 RFA goalies contracts for next year besides the 2 on the roster (Plante being one of them).
Right now only see 4 as veterans (Yonkman, Kostka, Rallo, Kennedy) am I missing one (maybe Mc Ardle when he resigns)?
Also may need an aggressor/bruiser type player. Of course could use AHL contract for them (we did last year in SA).

Last edited by SARampage: 07-03-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old
07-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I don't see how Dadonov fits onto the team. Unless injuries. Repik for sure doesn't have room and will most likely be waived if not able to trade. Which could be a big mistake
Dadonov has plenty of skill to fit on the team. In terms of which line, that could really depend on who he clicks with. Also guys like Hartnell, Versteeg, Kopecky and Bergenheim have all played time on the 3rd line of many teams so dont be surprised if all of them are behind Dadonov on the depth chart. It could be another mistake to waive a guy like Repik but I think if he was gonna make it with us, it would've either already happened or Tallon would've had more trust in him to not feel the need to sign all these wingers.

Closed Thread