Notices

Watching you season go down the tubs

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Watching you season go down the tubs

with your top scorers unsigned. are people pissed? What are people saying? Who is at fault in the media's/fans eyes? Are Gabby and Dupuis available? Just interested thanks

Old
10-19-2003, 07:21 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude
with your top scorers unsigned. are people pissed? What are people saying? Who is at fault in the media's/fans eyes? Are Gabby and Dupuis available? Just interested thanks
IMO, too soon to say things are going down the tubes. Tough stretch of games here. Don't get me wrong, Gaborik and Dupuis are missed. I put those two more at fault than the team, but that's just me. Most people I talk to don't seem to be all that upset about the holdouts. Lots of people on the wild.com boards seem to be. Everyone is always available. Not sure the price is worth it for anyone, though.

Old
10-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Laches

I'm ticked as a hockey fan that Gaborik, one of the games brightest young stars, is on the sidelines and not on the ice. Given what Walsh is asking, I blame him more than anyone.

The blame for the Dupuis holdout falls on the Wild's shoulders. He's not asking for the world, he earned a decent raise, they should just give it to him.

But, there's plenty of blame to be spread around. In the end, nobody is benefitted by holdouts. Players don't get paid or develop. Teams suffer in the standings without their best players, and as a result, miss out on playoff revenues. (Some Wild fans seem to have deluded themselves into thinking they can compete without Gabby and Dupuis. They can't.) And the fans get an inferior product forced on them.

This all should have been resolved weeks ago. In early August, before camp started, they should have been locked in a room and not let out until a contract was signed if that's what it took.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:45 AM
Blackadder

I thought the offers to gabby and dupuis to be fair. What I think needs to be done is the management needs to give a minor increase to both contract offers, and re-submit them. That way the two players can take the contract without looking like they caved (and held out for a month for nothing), and the management gets them for only a little more than they wanted, and everyone walks away happy.

That or they just need to trade the ******** and let someone else deal with Walsh.

As far as 'going down the tubes' goes, IMO 'going down the tubes' would be finishing in the middle of the pack. Just poor enough to miss the playoffs but good enough to not get a decent draft pick. That's a wasted season. I wound't even care if we ended up dead last in the NHL so we get that marquee player in the upcoming draft.

What I *do* care about is how crappy they are playing. Missed passes abound, they can't clear the puck, people are falling down left and right, and it looks to me like none of them are really trying that hard. It's like first season all over again. Hopefully it'll improve after the players get used to the new faces, but so far (with the exception of the Vancouver game) they haven't impressed me at all.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:50 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
And this is different how?

Other than the bad passing, some of the Wild players always fell on their ***** namely Hendrickson, and they never could clear the puck right. Chemistry is a bit off sadly too.

Closed Thread