HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else still depressed about Boston winning?

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2011, 06:18 AM
optimus2861

vCash: 500
I'm pretty well over it now. My girlfriend (who is a Bruins fan) doesn't poke me about it near as much as I figured she would, which helped greatly. I'll have to remember that when the tables turn.

I'm getting real excited to see what this year's Habs are capable of. With Cole, Markov, and Gorges back in the lineup, and if Emelin can step right in.. we may be a lot closer than we think. Still need a big center though..

Old
07-03-2011, 10:14 AM
andy28

I didn't want the Bruins to win. But somehow when it happened it just seemed so small anyways. So, I am not depressed at all. A lot of other things to be depressed about .

Old
07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

? Columbus won the Cup bud.

Old
07-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

It sucks that such a hated rival won the cup, especially after everything that happened between the two teams this year. But I feel like if I obsess more about the Bruins winning than I do about my own team losing, I'll be just as bad as a number of bruins fans on these boards, who seem to be more obsessed with the Habs than they are with the Bruins.

Old
07-03-2011, 01:11 PM
JR33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It has been a long team since I saw one of the ********* teams in the PO's win it all. Really makes you think if they can win it ANYONE can win it. Personally I think they will get embarrassed next year, they will go in thinking they are the team to beat not understanding how far down the food chain they really are.
If you think the team that was the best defensive team in the east and had the best +/- in the conference - while boasting young, talented and still improving forwards like Krejci, Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Caron, and Pouliot - is far down the food chain then you, imo, either don't know hockey or are in serious denial. The B's will return the same coach, the same system, the same goalies and defense, and the young forwards now have had stanley cup winning experience. One of the many interesting subplots will be seeing how Pouliot fares under Julien's coaching- and if Martin lasts the year...

Old
07-03-2011, 01:58 PM
habs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
I am very happy for Boston.
They built a team that fits perfectly with the current style of referees...

They had a great team and were able to:
  • Contain the best offense of the league;
  • More than double the scoring of the best offense of the league;
  • Win the psychological warfare;
  • Score 8 goals against the best defnse of the league.

During their run for the cup, they were able to beat the Habs and passed through the Flyers like it was a ride in the park..

TT showed news tricks to prevent players to block his vision and was litteraly from another planet this season.

You have to recognize the qualities of your opponent if you want to go at war against them.
To me Bruins is my second favorite team to win the cup (until Nordiques comes back).
It is a hate-love relation... Hate them against us, love them against others...

We must watch and learn.

Certainly not depressed about their win...
Next season, TT might be injured during PO time.
Bruins are living by the sword, and TT will eventually be fair game for ther players.
Someone in some other team, maybe even from the West, will serve TT the same medecine he give to others.
IF Thomas can hit one guy, other team will have to adapt and send three guys on him...
After five or ten times having many guys pilling up on him, he might be a bit tired of that.
But again, Billy the Hatchet was allowed to hit opponents throughout his whole carreer.
Hextall was also able to defend himself but he cost a lot of penalties that the Habs made him pay dearly for...
WOW I couldn't have said that better myself. You hit the nail on the head.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:01 PM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
ohhh, boo hoo, now they're only 18 behind us. lofl, can you imagine how much it would suck to grow up being a fan of any other team than montreal. to always be reminded that you will never, EVER measure up to them. let them have their 6th cup, they've suffered enough at our hands.

Crap like this is what hurts what I always thought was a terrific rivalry, maybe the best in all sports!! Be proud of your team but posting something like this pisses off Bruin and Hab fans. We both have trolls like this but I believe the majority of us try to be realistic of whats goin on. I know I've spent time on your site and we had mutual rspect for each other. Most times you show respect, you get it back!!

Old
07-03-2011, 02:02 PM
habitue*

I hate the Bruins dearly...

But I am more depressed by the two OT losses and the game 4 collapse by the Habs.

For the rest, the Bruins have done what they had to do to win.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
? Columbus won the Cup bud.
Damnit!

Nooooooooo

Old
07-03-2011, 02:07 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Habs will win in 2012 so its ok.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:21 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Big reason why Boston won the cup is because they stayed pretty healthy from day 1. On the other hand, teams like Montreal and Vancouver had alot of badly injured and tired players in and out of the lineup.

The other thing is on the goalie side. Thomas was the best goalie out there followed by Price. Roloson, Luongo and lolPhilly just couldnt do the job.

Let me remind you that we were 1 goal away from winning that series vs them just like Tampa was 1 goal away from winning it. They won the Cup but honestly alot of things went their way but eh, when you win the Cup alot of things have to go into your favor...

Bottom line, I'm not trying to find an excuse for them winning the Cup. They won it ''fair and square'' ...in the most part... but what I'm trying to say is that they are not gonna dominate us next year or become a league powerhouse for the next years to come like Detroit was couple of years ago.

Now for the topic question, yes I was pissed off the day they won the Cup but honestly the days afterward the main things I was seeing in the news and stuff that people were talking about is the Vancouver choke and the riots. Forgot Boston pretty quickly.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR33 View Post
If you think the team that was the best defensive team in the east and had the best +/- in the conference - while boasting young, talented and still improving forwards like Krejci, Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Caron, and Pouliot - is far down the food chain then you, imo, either don't know hockey or are in serious denial. The B's will return the same coach, the same system, the same goalies and defense, and the young forwards now have had stanley cup winning experience. One of the many interesting subplots will be seeing how Pouliot fares under Julien's coaching- and if Martin lasts the year...
Outmatched in every series and you won because of a serious meltdown in one facet or an injured team. You will be lucky to even win the division next year.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Celtic Cross

should we offer sheet Brad Marchand?

He's been a great player n the bruins unsung hero how much would you love for us too piss of the bruins orginization n fanbase by offersheeting their Gem. Even overpay him so if bruins match we can piss them off by making them overpay

Old
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Zorba

Go away

Old
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
hahaha, would be worth it just to piss them off

Old
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

They will match.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
No way he would want to come to Montreal. Plus we have our own B Marchand in Gallagher. We just need to be patient.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Zorba

I wouldnt take that puke ever. Plus he would never accept a Habs deal. The hatred goes both ways

Old
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR33 View Post
Arguments aside I have to wonder why it bothers you what certain Habs fans think of the Bruins. If you don't like the opinions of people in my house, it would make more sense for you to stay home than to come visit to argue with my family.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Roke

Would Marchand even sign an offer-sheet from the Habs?

Old
07-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Eff the bruins, I don't want anything from that team.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:25 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Crap like this is what hurts what I always thought was a terrific rivalry, maybe the best in all sports!! Be proud of your team but posting something like this pisses off Bruin and Hab fans. We both have trolls like this but I believe the majority of us try to be realistic of whats goin on. I know I've spent time on your site and we had mutual rspect for each other. Most times you show respect, you get it back!!
How does this hurt a great rivalry? The animosoty that is beginning to grow between us right now is only proof of the rivalry's existence. I am proud of my team. Prouder than you'll ever know, because until you've matched our feats, you'll never experience that sense of pride, no matter how badly you want to believe that you have. I'm posting on a habs forum, a message intended only for habs fans, not bruins. You have your own forum for this very purpose. I'm not trolling. If you don't want to read this harsh truth then DON'T. Stop reading right now. Look away, close the window and celebrate your stanley cup championship. But the simple truth is this. You are the champions of this season becuse you won the most playoff games, but we are the champions of all time because we won the most cups. You and every bruins, leaf or flyers fan like you, proves their jealousness and frustration in this daunting revelation by your very willingness to begin such arguments. But you will always stand in our shadow, and so like an annoying buzzing fly around the heads of habs fans you brag and boast and you argue were there is no arguement to be made during every teeny tiny insignificant little feat that you think is worthy of our time or our gratitude. You hate us beyond belief, and you try to funnel that hate into every different emotion you posses, to try to cope with, but you will never escape the reality that the only reason we hate you back is because of your hate for us, but you only hate us, because you wil never be us.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

I'd sign at 15 years 100M$ offer sheet to marchand just to bury him in Hamilton

Old
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
nfld77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
How does this hurt a great rivalry? The animosoty that is beginning to grow between us right now is only proof of the rivalry's existence. I am proud of my team. Prouder than you'll ever know, because until you've matched our feats, you'll never experience that sense of pride, no matter how badly you want to believe that you have. I'm posting on a habs forum, a message intended only for habs fans, not bruins. You have your own forum for this very purpose. I'm not trolling. If you don't want to read this harsh truth then DON'T. Stop reading right now. Look away, close the window and celebrate your stanley cup championship. But the simple truth is this. You are the champions of this season becuse you won the most playoff games, but we are the champions of all time because we won the most cups. You and every bruins, leaf or flyers fan like you, proves their jealousness and frustration in this daunting revelation by your very willingness to begin such arguments. But you will always stand in our shadow, and so like an annoying buzzing fly around the heads of habs fans you brag and boast and you argue were there is no arguement to be made during every teeny tiny insignificant little feat that you think is worthy of our time or our gratitude. You hate us beyond belief, and you try to funnel that hate into every different emotion you posses, to try to cope with, but you will never escape the reality that the only reason we hate you back is because of your hate for us, but you only hate us, because you wil never be us.

You're not worth a response. I come to the Habs board cause I respect alot of posters here and they respect me. We talk hockey, not how great Bruins or Habs are.. I've shown no hate on this board whatsoever. So I wouls suggest you find someone else to whine, brag whatever you wanna do. I'm definitely your wrong guy!!

Old
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Would Marchand even sign an offer-sheet from the Habs?

For the right amount of money you bet he would. Thing is........who ever came up with this grand idea would probably pee his pants next year when the B's offer P.K and Carey massive deals that we couldn't match because we tied up all our money in that little puke.

Also, I thought we didn't want to get any more smurfs........

I will be much happier watching P.K lay him out again next year. Keep him where he belongs.

Closed Thread