HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else still depressed about Boston winning?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2011, 06:18 AM
  #101
optimus2861
Registered User
 
optimus2861's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bedford NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
I'm pretty well over it now. My girlfriend (who is a Bruins fan) doesn't poke me about it near as much as I figured she would, which helped greatly. I'll have to remember that when the tables turn.

I'm getting real excited to see what this year's Habs are capable of. With Cole, Markov, and Gorges back in the lineup, and if Emelin can step right in.. we may be a lot closer than we think. Still need a big center though..

optimus2861 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 10:14 AM
  #102
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
I didn't want the Bruins to win. But somehow when it happened it just seemed so small anyways. So, I am not depressed at all. A lot of other things to be depressed about .

andy28 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
  #103
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,356
vCash: 500
? Columbus won the Cup bud.

HH is online now  
Old
07-03-2011, 11:27 AM
  #104
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,402
vCash: 500
It sucks that such a hated rival won the cup, especially after everything that happened between the two teams this year. But I feel like if I obsess more about the Bruins winning than I do about my own team losing, I'll be just as bad as a number of bruins fans on these boards, who seem to be more obsessed with the Habs than they are with the Bruins.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 01:11 PM
  #105
JR33
Registered User
 
JR33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It has been a long team since I saw one of the ********* teams in the PO's win it all. Really makes you think if they can win it ANYONE can win it. Personally I think they will get embarrassed next year, they will go in thinking they are the team to beat not understanding how far down the food chain they really are.
If you think the team that was the best defensive team in the east and had the best +/- in the conference - while boasting young, talented and still improving forwards like Krejci, Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Caron, and Pouliot - is far down the food chain then you, imo, either don't know hockey or are in serious denial. The B's will return the same coach, the same system, the same goalies and defense, and the young forwards now have had stanley cup winning experience. One of the many interesting subplots will be seeing how Pouliot fares under Julien's coaching- and if Martin lasts the year...

JR33 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 01:58 PM
  #106
habs24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
I am very happy for Boston.
They built a team that fits perfectly with the current style of referees...

They had a great team and were able to:
  • Contain the best offense of the league;
  • More than double the scoring of the best offense of the league;
  • Win the psychological warfare;
  • Score 8 goals against the best defnse of the league.

During their run for the cup, they were able to beat the Habs and passed through the Flyers like it was a ride in the park..

TT showed news tricks to prevent players to block his vision and was litteraly from another planet this season.

You have to recognize the qualities of your opponent if you want to go at war against them.
To me Bruins is my second favorite team to win the cup (until Nordiques comes back).
It is a hate-love relation... Hate them against us, love them against others...

We must watch and learn.

Certainly not depressed about their win...
Next season, TT might be injured during PO time.
Bruins are living by the sword, and TT will eventually be fair game for ther players.
Someone in some other team, maybe even from the West, will serve TT the same medecine he give to others.
IF Thomas can hit one guy, other team will have to adapt and send three guys on him...
After five or ten times having many guys pilling up on him, he might be a bit tired of that.
But again, Billy the Hatchet was allowed to hit opponents throughout his whole carreer.
Hextall was also able to defend himself but he cost a lot of penalties that the Habs made him pay dearly for...
WOW I couldn't have said that better myself. You hit the nail on the head.

habs24 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 02:01 PM
  #107
nfld77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
ohhh, boo hoo, now they're only 18 behind us. lofl, can you imagine how much it would suck to grow up being a fan of any other team than montreal. to always be reminded that you will never, EVER measure up to them. let them have their 6th cup, they've suffered enough at our hands.

Crap like this is what hurts what I always thought was a terrific rivalry, maybe the best in all sports!! Be proud of your team but posting something like this pisses off Bruin and Hab fans. We both have trolls like this but I believe the majority of us try to be realistic of whats goin on. I know I've spent time on your site and we had mutual rspect for each other. Most times you show respect, you get it back!!

nfld77 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 02:02 PM
  #108
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
I hate the Bruins dearly...

But I am more depressed by the two OT losses and the game 4 collapse by the Habs.

For the rest, the Bruins have done what they had to do to win.

habitue* is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 02:05 PM
  #109
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
? Columbus won the Cup bud.
Damnit!

Nooooooooo

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 02:07 PM
  #110
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,356
vCash: 500
Habs will win in 2012 so its ok.

HH is online now  
Old
07-03-2011, 02:21 PM
  #111
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
Big reason why Boston won the cup is because they stayed pretty healthy from day 1. On the other hand, teams like Montreal and Vancouver had alot of badly injured and tired players in and out of the lineup.

The other thing is on the goalie side. Thomas was the best goalie out there followed by Price. Roloson, Luongo and lolPhilly just couldnt do the job.

Let me remind you that we were 1 goal away from winning that series vs them just like Tampa was 1 goal away from winning it. They won the Cup but honestly alot of things went their way but eh, when you win the Cup alot of things have to go into your favor...

Bottom line, I'm not trying to find an excuse for them winning the Cup. They won it ''fair and square'' ...in the most part... but what I'm trying to say is that they are not gonna dominate us next year or become a league powerhouse for the next years to come like Detroit was couple of years ago.

Now for the topic question, yes I was pissed off the day they won the Cup but honestly the days afterward the main things I was seeing in the news and stuff that people were talking about is the Vancouver choke and the riots. Forgot Boston pretty quickly.

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
  #112
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR33 View Post
If you think the team that was the best defensive team in the east and had the best +/- in the conference - while boasting young, talented and still improving forwards like Krejci, Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Caron, and Pouliot - is far down the food chain then you, imo, either don't know hockey or are in serious denial. The B's will return the same coach, the same system, the same goalies and defense, and the young forwards now have had stanley cup winning experience. One of the many interesting subplots will be seeing how Pouliot fares under Julien's coaching- and if Martin lasts the year...
Outmatched in every series and you won because of a serious meltdown in one facet or an injured team. You will be lucky to even win the division next year.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
  #113
Celtic Cross
Registered User
 
Celtic Cross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
should we offer sheet Brad Marchand?

He's been a great player n the bruins unsung hero how much would you love for us too piss of the bruins orginization n fanbase by offersheeting their Gem. Even overpay him so if bruins match we can piss them off by making them overpay

Celtic Cross is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
  #114
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
Go away

Zorba is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
  #115
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,402
vCash: 152
hahaha, would be worth it just to piss them off

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
  #116
Jee
Moderator
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 18,747
vCash: 500
They will match.

Jee is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
  #117
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,753
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
No way he would want to come to Montreal. Plus we have our own B Marchand in Gallagher. We just need to be patient.

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
  #118
Zorba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DELTA BC
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
I wouldnt take that puke ever. Plus he would never accept a Habs deal. The hatred goes both ways

Zorba is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
  #119
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR33 View Post
If you think the team that was the best defensive team in the east and had the best +/- in the conference - while boasting young, talented and still improving forwards like Krejci, Horton, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Caron, and Pouliot - is far down the food chain then you, imo, either don't know hockey or are in serious denial. The B's will return the same coach, the same system, the same goalies and defense, and the young forwards now have had stanley cup winning experience. One of the many interesting subplots will be seeing how Pouliot fares under Julien's coaching- and if Martin lasts the year...
Arguments aside I have to wonder why it bothers you what certain Habs fans think of the Bruins. If you don't like the opinions of people in my house, it would make more sense for you to stay home than to come visit to argue with my family.

andy28 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:19 PM
  #120
Roke
Registered User
 
Roke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Would Marchand even sign an offer-sheet from the Habs?

Roke is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:21 PM
  #121
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Eff the bruins, I don't want anything from that team.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:25 PM
  #122
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Crap like this is what hurts what I always thought was a terrific rivalry, maybe the best in all sports!! Be proud of your team but posting something like this pisses off Bruin and Hab fans. We both have trolls like this but I believe the majority of us try to be realistic of whats goin on. I know I've spent time on your site and we had mutual rspect for each other. Most times you show respect, you get it back!!
How does this hurt a great rivalry? The animosoty that is beginning to grow between us right now is only proof of the rivalry's existence. I am proud of my team. Prouder than you'll ever know, because until you've matched our feats, you'll never experience that sense of pride, no matter how badly you want to believe that you have. I'm posting on a habs forum, a message intended only for habs fans, not bruins. You have your own forum for this very purpose. I'm not trolling. If you don't want to read this harsh truth then DON'T. Stop reading right now. Look away, close the window and celebrate your stanley cup championship. But the simple truth is this. You are the champions of this season becuse you won the most playoff games, but we are the champions of all time because we won the most cups. You and every bruins, leaf or flyers fan like you, proves their jealousness and frustration in this daunting revelation by your very willingness to begin such arguments. But you will always stand in our shadow, and so like an annoying buzzing fly around the heads of habs fans you brag and boast and you argue were there is no arguement to be made during every teeny tiny insignificant little feat that you think is worthy of our time or our gratitude. You hate us beyond belief, and you try to funnel that hate into every different emotion you posses, to try to cope with, but you will never escape the reality that the only reason we hate you back is because of your hate for us, but you only hate us, because you wil never be us.

24stanleycups* is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
  #123
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,225
vCash: 500
I'd sign at 15 years 100M$ offer sheet to marchand just to bury him in Hamilton

MooseOllini is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
  #124
nfld77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
How does this hurt a great rivalry? The animosoty that is beginning to grow between us right now is only proof of the rivalry's existence. I am proud of my team. Prouder than you'll ever know, because until you've matched our feats, you'll never experience that sense of pride, no matter how badly you want to believe that you have. I'm posting on a habs forum, a message intended only for habs fans, not bruins. You have your own forum for this very purpose. I'm not trolling. If you don't want to read this harsh truth then DON'T. Stop reading right now. Look away, close the window and celebrate your stanley cup championship. But the simple truth is this. You are the champions of this season becuse you won the most playoff games, but we are the champions of all time because we won the most cups. You and every bruins, leaf or flyers fan like you, proves their jealousness and frustration in this daunting revelation by your very willingness to begin such arguments. But you will always stand in our shadow, and so like an annoying buzzing fly around the heads of habs fans you brag and boast and you argue were there is no arguement to be made during every teeny tiny insignificant little feat that you think is worthy of our time or our gratitude. You hate us beyond belief, and you try to funnel that hate into every different emotion you posses, to try to cope with, but you will never escape the reality that the only reason we hate you back is because of your hate for us, but you only hate us, because you wil never be us.


You're not worth a response. I come to the Habs board cause I respect alot of posters here and they respect me. We talk hockey, not how great Bruins or Habs are.. I've shown no hate on this board whatsoever. So I wouls suggest you find someone else to whine, brag whatever you wanna do. I'm definitely your wrong guy!!

nfld77 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
  #125
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Would Marchand even sign an offer-sheet from the Habs?

For the right amount of money you bet he would. Thing is........who ever came up with this grand idea would probably pee his pants next year when the B's offer P.K and Carey massive deals that we couldn't match because we tied up all our money in that little puke.

Also, I thought we didn't want to get any more smurfs........

I will be much happier watching P.K lay him out again next year. Keep him where he belongs.

SAKS AVENUE is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.