HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colin Wilson?

Old
07-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

vCash: 500
Colin Wilson?

Breakout season this year or will he remain in the doghouse?

Gobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2011, 11:47 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Depends on Trotz...with Dumont gone he's got to pick on somebody

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
I mean obviously we all hope this is the year he gets it, but no one can realistically predict what will happen. He'll get opportunities, it just depends what he does with them. He is still young though so this isn't a "sink or swim" year for him, but we need to see signs of improvement.

My guess is he slightly improves from last year, but doesn't fully breakout.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Everybody is different. He has all the tools. Now whether he waits another few years or a few months to put it all together is up to him. I defiantly want him to get some consistent ice time this year to find out though.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:44 AM
WartracePred

I'm going to be accused of character assassination, but here goes...

Based on his on-ice miscues and following a few of his tweets, I see a pattern of adolescent behavior and poor decisions. And let's not forget his run-in with Trotz that led to his healthy scratches for the better part of the playoffs.

I just see a kid who needs to mature. Nearly everyone agrees that he has the physical tools. I think it is going to take him a few years to get to where he is a consistent contributor. Could be wrong - I often am and hope I am here. We'll see.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post

Based on his on-ice miscues and following a few of his tweets, I see a pattern of adolescent behavior and poor decisions. And let's not forget his run-in with Trotz that led to his healthy scratches for the better part of the playoffs.

I just see a kid who needs to mature. Nearly everyone agrees that he has the physical tools. I think it is going to take him a few years to get to where he is a consistent contributor. Could be wrong - I often am and hope I am here. We'll see.
100% agree!!! I was hoping to see some maturity in his tweets this summer, but tagging the Bruins Cup Parade going by his apartment in Boston as #rubbingitin instead of something along the lines of #motivation to me was very disappointing.

Wilson has no one to blame for last season other than himself. When he matures he might actually reach his potential, but not till then...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

For a 21 year old forward under the tutelage of Barry Trotz, Nashville Predator fans expect a lot. Frankly, the fact that he played in the NHL at all last year speaks volumes about what this organization believes about this kid.

07-03-2011, 08:45 AM
NPHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post

youre referring to him quoting the "Friday" song the other day, arent you?

i know. i died a little, too.

NPHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:12 AM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
He was rushed from Milwaukee before he was ready.

And now we're seeing what that does to people.

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

he was not rushed...

Do you guys not remember Suter's first 2 years? If not, let me tell you, it was just like Wilson's....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
he was not rushed...

Do you guys not remember Suter's first 2 years? If not, let me tell you, it was just like Wilson's....
Truth.

I will say, though, that Suter has always been given a big role in the playoffs. His game intensity was always reward in the latter stages.

With that out of the way, Wilson was borderline ready in his draft year for the NHL. He was ready as a 19/20 year old. He was ready last year as a 20/21 year old. However, he isn't polished. He is still learning, and as a fanbase, we have to recognize that the developmental curve for young forwards in this organization is a tough one, especially when you only sniff the AHL. Wilson has the tools to succeed, and I believe he will. He will be at bare minimum a 20/20 guy in this league. I suspect we will see some 25/35 seasons out of him.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:09 PM
predwings

I'm not ready to put a "breakout" season on his shoulders. I know that in my experience, when I went from 21 to 22, I gained a lot of maturity. Mostly because all the adolescent goals of drinking and such are behind you. All you have now to look forward to is either "#success" or "#retirement". I think this is a ripe age for him to start buckling down and showing some motivation, I believe he will learn and definitely improve this season with a lot more TOI and I'd peg next year as the year he finally "breaks out"

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:37 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
he was not rushed...

not exactly. this may be the beer talking but didn't suter have pla a full year in mil during the lockout? and then a full year under trotz and played every game until the witt deal and weber's callup?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:37 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I think trig was referring to the attitude part. Peterson had to visit him during the summer to help him get his head on straight.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

it will take him some i think, you guys have a solid player in wilson!

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:09 AM
KillerKampfer*

He's fine just never gonna be "the guy" so that pressure shouldn't be put on him. I know enough of those BU kids that they are just that... KIDS... the maturity stuff is a load of crap.

Hard to tell if Trotz will cut him a break because the team needs his skill or chose to pick on every mistake and keep him off the ice. Its just too early and you can't go off last year.

He'll put up 50 points if he gets to play ont he second line and gets PP time and in Nashville thats as good as 60-70 elsewhere.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:59 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Truth.

I will say, though, that Suter has always been given a big role in the playoffs. His game intensity was always reward in the latter stages.
Actually in 2005 he played 71 games in regular season and was a healthy scratch for the playoffs.

Last edited by triggrman: 07-04-2011 at 09:22 AM.
triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

[quote=triggrman;34630169][quote=Enoch;34603831]Truth.

Quote:
Actually in 2005 he played 71 games in regular season and was a healthy scratch for the playoffs.
Really? Maybe it was the next season I was referring too. I remember him getting the second most minutes alongside Timonen in a few of his early playoff runs.

My apologies, and I stand corrected.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote