HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2011, 11:44 AM
  #51
amikhail4
Registered User
 
amikhail4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Speaking of Washington, any chance we trade for Mike Knuble. Former Flyer with one year left at $2 Million. Would make for a very nice third line: Clifford - Stoll - Knuble

amikhail4 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 11:45 AM
  #52
alpa
Registered User
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Do you know the guys who sell cotton candy at the wallmart entrance ?
No Wallmarts in Sweden, but I get the picture.

alpa is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
  #53
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikhail4 View Post
Speaking of Washington, any chance we trade for Mike Knuble. Former Flyer with one year left at $2 Million. Would make for a very nice third line: Clifford - Stoll - Knuble
Didn't Knuble play with Gagne and Richards?

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Parse-Stoll-Brown
Clifford-Lewis-Westgarth

Give them Richardson's rights and a pick.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 12:59 PM
  #54
LAKings4ever
Registered User
 
LAKings4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
Nothing is guaranteed, but love the potential of what we have (this is the part of the off season where the fun is all about potential and the bummer is having to wait for the real season to start):

Gagne / Kopitar / Williams
Penner / Richards / Brown
Clifford / Stoll / Lewis
Parse / Richardson / Kozun or Toffoli
Holloway & Westgarth

Doughty / Mitchell
Johnson / Scuderi
Voynov / Greene
Martinez

Quick
Bernier

I want to see what can happen with Gagne and Kopi together, through in Williams and that is a highly skilled 1st line with pucks flying in to the nest from every which direction leaving opposing goaltenders confused and unsure where the next shot will come from .

The 2nd line going to be big and tough, Penner will fit in good with Richards and Brown for high scoring 2nd line that will leave opponents battered, bruised, and beaten .

I keep flip-flopping Richardson and Lewis but in the end believe Lewis is able to step up and perform better in a 3rd line role - guy just seems to be able to do what is needed of him by the team so this is the guy to fill out the 3rd line with Stoll and Clifford, potential for a very good 3rd line .

Richardson is best suited as a center, the 4th line could be a fun group to watch - I think Kozun will end up here but Toffoli could dome in and show he belongs...either way this group has to work thier butts off each and every night or loss minutes to somebody else .

Voynov has paid his dues, he will earn the 3rd pairing role in training camp .

There are no holes on this team, could be some cracks or things that could be done differently, but nothing that jumps and and says we have a problem here, so not looking for any additional moves but if DL can find away to improve on what we already have, then I will have to force myself to accept it .

LAKings4ever is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 01:05 PM
  #55
Nose of Sutter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Do you know the guys who sell cotton candy at the wallmart entrance ?

Nose of Sutter is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 01:17 PM
  #56
cnshockey
A World Alone
 
cnshockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,088
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I think a team with less NHL ready AHL d-men would be very interested in signing Harrold to a 2-way deal. He's good depth which you can never have enough of.
This is the only way he gets an NHL contract. I could see Florida signing him and carrying him as a 7th D/13th forward or send him to the AHL and be the first callup for them.

cnshockey is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:00 PM
  #57
markisonfire
HFBoards Sponsor
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
I would be very happy with this lineup.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Dustin Penner ($4.250m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)
Kyle Clifford ($0.870m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.600m) / Brad Richardson ($1.500m)
Bud Holloway ($0.850m) / Trevor Lewis ($1.500m) / Scott Parse ($0.900m)
Kevin Westgarth ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Drew Doughty ($6.475m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.400m) / Jack Johnson ($4.357m)
Alec Martinez ($1.500m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.616m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($1.800m) / Jonathan Bernier ($1.250m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,718,810; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,581,190

markisonfire is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 03:11 PM
  #58
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amikhail4 View Post
Speaking of Washington, any chance we trade for Mike Knuble. Former Flyer with one year left at $2 Million. Would make for a very nice third line: Clifford - Stoll - Knuble
Dean pursued Knuble when he was a free agent.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 04:32 PM
  #59
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks
 
Zizou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Knuble doesn't want to move West. That's what Lombardi said after failing to nab him in free agency. Langenbrunner is still out there. I like Toffoli as RW3 but Langenbrunner is good insurance, in my opinion. I'd take that or Miettinen.

Zizou is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 04:41 PM
  #60
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I would be very happy with this lineup.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Dustin Penner ($4.250m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)
Kyle Clifford ($0.870m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.600m) / Brad Richardson ($1.500m)
Bud Holloway ($0.850m) / Trevor Lewis ($1.500m) / Scott Parse ($0.900m)
Kevin Westgarth ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Drew Doughty ($6.475m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.400m) / Jack Johnson ($4.357m)
Alec Martinez ($1.500m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.616m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($1.800m) / Jonathan Bernier ($1.250m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,718,810; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,581,190

Sorry, but I'm going to nit-pick here, 'cuz every million counts.


David Steckel gets paid $1.1 million. Cal Clutterbuck gets paid $1.4 million. And people know who those guys are!!! Cal is the "guy who normally leads the league in hits", while Steckel is "the big slow guy who's usually top-10 in league faceoffs". Who the Hell are Richardson, Lewis, & Martinez? Right now, they're nobody.

You've got Richardson, Lewis, & Martinez collectively making at least $1 million more than they should. That said, jeez I'd love to add Steckel & Clutterbuck to our bottom six, but it won't happen anytime soon.

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:01 PM
  #61
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Sorry, but I'm going to nit-pick here, 'cuz every million counts.


David Steckel gets paid $1.1 million. Cal Clutterbuck gets paid $1.4 million. And people know who those guys are!!! Cal is the "guy who normally leads the league in hits", while Steckel is "the big slow guy who's usually top-10 in league faceoffs". Who the Hell are Richardson, Lewis, & Martinez? Right now, they're nobody.

You've got Richardson, Lewis, & Martinez collectively making at least $1 million more than they should. That said, jeez I'd love to add Steckel & Clutterbuck to our bottom six, but it won't happen anytime soon.
Although i agree with Lewis and somewhat Martinez, just go ask who Richardson is on the Avs board, i guarantee you atleast 4 will come out and say he's a franchise players cuz he kicks the **** out of them every time.

Lewis @.900
Richardson @ 1.4-1.6
Martinez @ 1 million for a really short term.

Martyros is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:05 PM
  #62
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 8,929
vCash: 500
I hate to go all Johnny Utah on you guys but this team needs some nads. They have not replaced Simmonds physical presence yet and I think they need to.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:09 PM
  #63
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I hate to go all Johnny Utah on you guys but this team needs some nads. They have not replaced Simmonds physical presence yet and I think they need to.
Clifford will get more work, not to mention Simmonds' physical presence seemed to have gone way down from the previous season.

Martyros is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:12 PM
  #64
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,711
vCash: 567
Don't worry if we need a physical presence we can just throw lokti in the lineup

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:13 PM
  #65
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 8,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Clifford will get more work, not to mention Simmonds' physical presence seemed to have gone way down from the previous season.
I don't think that is a wise decision. Simmonds might not have fought as much last season (I don't even know if that is true) but it is the presence that matters.

Buddy The Elf is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:16 PM
  #66
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,628
vCash: 1888
Would like Konopka for the added faceoff presence to go with.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:20 PM
  #67
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I don't think that is a wise decision. Simmonds might not have fought as much last season (I don't even know if that is true) but it is the presence that matters.
Believe me, i'm not stating that Clifford is enough; I too, feel we need another player in the bottom 6 that will put out a physical presence on the ice.

Martyros is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:21 PM
  #68
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Here's my attempt. Sorry, I can't get the Cap Geek calculator to run on my PC. I'm free-handing it....


FORWARDS
Dustin Penner ($4.250m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)
Scott Parse ($0.900m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.600m) / Brad Richardson ($1.075m)
Kyle Clifford ($0.870m) / Trevor Lewis ($0.925m) / Bud Holloway ($0.700m)
Kevin Westgarth ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Drew Doughty ($5.950m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.400m) / Jack Johnson ($4.357m)
Alec Martinez ($0.950m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.616m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($1.800m) / Jonathan Bernier ($1.250m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,493,000; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,807,000***






***This assumes Doughty is a team-player.




See? If Doughty does his job, we'll have the room to add Upshall at the trade deadline!


Last edited by Capn Brown: 07-03-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Capn Brown is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:27 PM
  #69
cnshockey
A World Alone
 
cnshockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,088
vCash: 672
What about Toffoli as 3rd line RWer? I've read some people on twitter thinking he'd make it. I think I'd be open to the idea provided he has a good camp.

cnshockey is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:35 PM
  #70
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Here's my attempt. Sorry, I can't get the Cap Geek calculator to run on my PC. I'm free-handing it....


FORWARDS
Dustin Penner ($4.250m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)
Scott Parse ($0.900m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.600m) / Brad Richardson ($1.075m)
Kyle Clifford ($0.870m) / Trevor Lewis ($0.925m) / Bud Holloway ($0.700m)
Kevin Westgarth ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Willie Mitchell ($3.500m) / Drew Doughty ($5.950m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.400m) / Jack Johnson ($4.357m)
Alec Martinez ($0.950m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)
Davis Drewiske ($0.616m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($1.800m) / Jonathan Bernier ($1.250m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,493,000; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,807,000***






***This assumes Doughty is a team-player.




See? If Doughty does his job, we'll have the room to add Upshall at the trade deadline!
I'm not going anywhere near that contract.

Martyros is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:37 PM
  #71
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
I'm not going anywhere near that contract.

LoL, Steckel & Clutterbuck?


With the best hitter (in terms of amount of hits) and the best faceoff guy, we'd be INVINCIBLE!!!

Capn Brown is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:26 PM
  #72
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 13,971
vCash: 500
What about letting Loktionov center a 3rd line with Clifford on LW and Stoll on RW.

Stoll can still take faceoffs, but playing him on the wing might be better off. He has nice wheels and plays physical, but struggles with defensive reads and getting caught up the ice. Less thinking on the wing is probably better for him. This also lets Loktionov play his natural position and get a lineup spot.

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Brown
Clifford - Loktionov - Stoll
Parse - Lewis - Westgarth

Herby is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:30 PM
  #73
cnshockey
A World Alone
 
cnshockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,088
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
What about letting Loktionov center a 3rd line with Clifford on LW and Stoll on RW.

Stoll can still take faceoffs, but playing him on the wing might be better off. He has nice wheels and plays physical, but struggles with defensive reads and getting caught up the ice. Less thinking on the wing is probably better for him. This also lets Loktionov play his natural position and get a lineup spot.

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Brown
Clifford - Loktionov - Stoll
Parse - Lewis - Westgarth
While this idea is better than having Lokti play wing on the 3rd or 4th line or centering the 4th line, I still think Lokti should just play a full year in the AHL. The past two seasons he's suffered serious shoulder injuries. He could really benefit mentally from having a solid season not hampered by the injury bug and can continue to develop his game at the AHL level. I will say that if Loktionov does make the team, this is the ideal situation for him.

cnshockey is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
  #74
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,471
vCash: 500
This has to be the deepest Kings roster I have ever seen. IMHO this team is the BEST team in the West on paper. The can run 4 lines at you every night that can bring, speed, skill, and grit. They have a real chance at the Stanley Cup for the first time I have ever watched them.

FORWARDS
Dustin Penner ($4.250m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)
Scott Parse ($0.900m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.600m) / Trevor Lewis ($0.900m)
Kyle Clifford ($0.870m) / Brad Richardson ($1.200m) / Bud Holloway ($0.800m)
Marc-Andre Cliche ($0.720m) / Kevin Westgarth ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty ($6.800m) / Willie Mitchell ($3.500m)
Rob Scuderi ($3.400m) / Jack Johnson ($4.357m)
Matt Greene ($2.950m) / Vyacheslav Voinov ($0.816m)
Alec Martinez ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($1.800m) / Jonathan Bernier ($1.250m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,513,809; BONUSES: $135,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,786,191

Wow, so excited for next season. I imagine a 3rd liner could be added at the deadline depending on the play of Holloway/Cliche/Fraser(when he comes back) but this is an unreal roster. A Konopka as a faceoff man and tough presence on the fourth line bumping Cliche/Westgarth off roster and a fourth of Clifford-Konopka-Richardson would be great as well.

Nice change from my other favorite team which is headed towards a 1st overall pick.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
07-03-2011, 07:05 PM
  #75
cnshockey
A World Alone
 
cnshockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,088
vCash: 672
I'm sorry but I'm really going to be that guy....


Is no one else worried about the bottom 6? I really think we are just that ONE person away from really having "the team" to beat. I don't know what it is. I just think we need a 3rd line RWer.

Oh and I also don't see Parse playing for us much, if at all. IMHO he either plays in the AHL, gets top 6 minutes due to injury, or gets traded.

cnshockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.