HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Availability of Ted Purcell

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
  #1
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
The Availability of Ted Purcell

Hello, Chicago fan here. I know he is a RFA and put up 51 points in the regular season and 17 points in 18 playoff games this year. I feel he'd be a good fit on the Hawks' third line playing with Bickell and Bolland. Are you guys going to take compensation for him or would you trade his rights if he's available? I want him on the Blackhawks.

Brunette-Toews-Kane
Frolik-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Purcell

That puts our team in real good shape.


Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope the Stamkos situation ends well for you guys.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:47 PM
  #2
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,136
vCash: 500
It looks like we're going to arbitration, but anyone's available for the right price.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:48 PM
  #3
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
It looks like we're going to arbitration, but anyone's available for the right price.
What is your biggest team need at the moment? Maybe defense?

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:50 PM
  #4
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Rated [SFY]
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
What is your biggest team need at the moment? Maybe defense?
If we lose Purcell, out biggest need will be a top 6 winger

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:51 PM
  #5
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
What is your biggest team need at the moment? Maybe defense?
Well, our needs are partly remedied by having Purcell. We're sort of looking for two top-9 forwards, and a top-six forward, since Purcell would create another hole.

On D...the situation has changed a little, but...a top-4 defenseman would be nice.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:56 PM
  #6
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
We have Chris Campoli who is also a RFA. We don't have any top six wingers available.

Proposal:

To TB: Campoli, Stalberg, 2012 3rd

To CHI: Purcell

That proposal may be bad, I have no clue what your thinking is. The other thing is how much would he need to sign? He's going to arbitration, so I'm wondering if he'll end up with something like $2-3 million per.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:02 PM
  #7
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
He'll be going to arbitration if not signed before. I don't see SY letting him go and having to fill another hole in the top six.

TBLHoser is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:05 PM
  #8
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
We have Chris Campoli who is also a RFA. We don't have any top six wingers available.

Proposal:

To TB: Campoli, Stalberg, 2012 3rd

To CHI: Purcell

That proposal may be bad, I have no clue what your thinking is. The other thing is how much would he need to sign? He's going to arbitration, so I'm wondering if he'll end up with something like $2-3 million per.
I'm pegging him around 1.75 max per season. That's just my guess. Although the arbiters might look at what other forwards got this offseason.

dbieon12 is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:12 PM
  #9
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,228
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
I'm pegging him around 1.75 max per season. That's just my guess. Although the arbiters might look at what other forwards got this offseason.
Last summer Clarke MacCarthur of Thrashers got 2.4M judgement from arbitrator after putting up

81 GP 16 goals + 19 assists = 35 pts -16

Purcell could realistically get a 3M+ judgement

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:22 PM
  #10
garmonbozia
Registered User
 
garmonbozia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
If he can be signed for a reasonable number he probably won't be traded. That he's still here and Gagne and Bergenheim aren't speaks to the teams belief in him.

If it goes to arbitration I think there is a very real possibility its for an amount more than Purcell is worth ($3M+?). Purcell's arbitration could potentially be more costly than Lundin's would have been. Best chance for someone else to acquire him probably lies in the hope Yzerman walks away from the arbitrators decision.


Purcell+Ohlund or Kubina

for Hjalmmarsson(sp?)

garmonbozia is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 07:33 PM
  #11
Ten88Nineteen
Registered User
 
Ten88Nineteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
After a couple more years in Tampa I think Purcell will be worth that kind of money, but signing him for that now would definitely hurt.

He's got some serious skill, and Boucher definitely figured out how to switch him on the second half of last season. I think that he's also an experiment in progress, kind of like Downie, and they won't be willing to part with him easily.

Ten88Nineteen is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 07:44 PM
  #12
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten88Nineteen View Post
After a couple more years in Tampa I think Purcell will be worth that kind of money, but signing him for that now would definitely hurt.

He's got some serious skill, and Boucher definitely figured out how to switch him on the second half of last season. I think that he's also an experiment in progress, kind of like Downie, and they won't be willing to part with him easily.
I think part of the reason SFY is willing to bring Purcell to arbitration is because he was in Boucher's dog house for a significant portion of time. That should knock some dollars off the price tag.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 10:24 PM
  #13
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,039
vCash: 500
No offense, but Campoli is ****. Purcell isn't available at this point, not for at least another year. Not until Ashton/Panik/Connolly compete for a roster spot. Besides, Teddy is just now starting to come into his own.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 10:25 PM
  #14
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I think part of the reason SFY is willing to bring Purcell to arbitration is because he was in Boucher's dog house for a significant portion of time. That should knock some dollars off the price tag.
I don't think its anywhere near as black and white as that, I think he simply ran short on time.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 11:06 PM
  #15
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
I hate to say it but I don't see Purcy taking below $2.5m and arbitration could easily give him $3m. Not too many young wingers break 50 points with somewhat limited minutes.

BadHammy* is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 03:32 AM
  #16
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Can he play left wing or center? I know he's primarily a right winger, but I was wondering if he's versatile.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 03:36 AM
  #17
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan
 
Follower of Yzlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,655
vCash: 1159
He doesn't take many draws, but our system doesn't really have true LW-RW-C, more F1-F2-F3. I wouldn't sign him on as a center, but he can score and make plays from anywhere on the ice.

Follower of Yzlam is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 10:41 AM
  #18
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,039
vCash: 500
Not really, hes pretty purely a winger.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 10:48 AM
  #19
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
Not really, hes pretty purely a winger.
Yeah, but I think that also has something to do with the quality of centers the Lightning have in their system.

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 10:58 AM
  #20
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Yeah, but I think that also has something to do with the quality of centers the Lightning have in their system.
Meh, even then I don't think he'd be beating anyone out for a C spot. Hes just not a center.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 11:00 AM
  #21
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,758
vCash: 500
I dont think Purcell is going anywhere this year. NEXT YEAR on the other hand is an entirely different story as I wouldnt be surprised if we had 2 or 3 of our prospects ready for the jump (Ashton, Panik, Connolly).

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 11:04 AM
  #22
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,919
vCash: 500
Gotta remember that it wasn't until late in the season and playoffs where Purcell got his head out of his ass supposedly and showed the defensive side of the game, backchecking hard...etc. He was benched for a game for this reason in January I think it was.

Doctor Drej is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 11:19 AM
  #23
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,136
vCash: 500
I still remember how Purcell was doing nearly every SunSports interview up until the Islanders game where Chris Dingman compared it to a playoff game in it's intensity and Purcell agreed. lol

Felonious Python is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
  #24
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,228
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmonbozia View Post
If he can be signed for a reasonable number he probably won't be traded. That he's still here and Gagne and Bergenheim aren't speaks to the teams belief in him.

If it goes to arbitration I think there is a very real possibility its for an amount more than Purcell is worth ($3M+?). Purcell's arbitration could potentially be more costly than Lundin's would have been. Best chance for someone else to acquire him probably lies in the hope Yzerman walks away from the arbitrators decision.


Purcell+Ohlund or Kubina

for Hjalmmarsson(sp?)
Yuk to your proposal

Kubina sucks and his cheapshot cost us the Nucks series (If we have Bolland for games 1-3 we take the Nucks out easy IMO)

Ohlund is not that good anymore (At least from what I could tell and serves more as mentor does he not)

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 10:02 AM
  #25
IdealisticSniper
Registered User
 
IdealisticSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yuk to your proposal

Kubina sucks and his cheapshot cost us the Nucks series (If we have Bolland for games 1-3 we take the Nucks out easy IMO)

Ohlund is not that good anymore (At least from what I could tell and serves more as mentor does he not)
If Bolland is the key to your team winning or losing games, you have more issues than you think.

IdealisticSniper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.