HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get to know your fellow posters!

Old
07-03-2011, 10:38 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=In The Flesh;34613487]Age: 24
Music: Genesis, Yes, Floyd, SupertrampQUOTE]

I dig that man.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Machinehead
TG15:WoodlandCritter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Not enough people who can tolerate talking about history/debating politics with me.
I know politics but I tend to stay away because of my extreme views

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Morris201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I know politics but I tend to stay away because of my extreme views
Conversations in politics between two people always ends in jostling and arguments.

Morris201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Machinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris201 View Post
Conversations in politics between two people always ends in jostling and arguments.
Sorta like the Richards boards pre-signing

Old
07-03-2011, 11:42 PM
CH2

Quote:
Sorta like the Richards boards pre-signing
Or talking with people who think Staal is overrated.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris201 View Post
No, political discussions between two REASONABLE people do not, even if they have completely opposing views. In civilized times this was known as dialectic. It's a lost art-form.

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Deric

Music: metal. Last CD's I got were the new Arch Enemy, Scar Symmetry, and 2 new Trivium Songs, Children Of Bodom (seeing them in a few weeks), Turisas. I don't really care for "Scream-o"
Food: bar food. Wings, burgers, etc. Seafood
Interests: Rangers, Giants, Mets, Orlando Magic
TV/Movies anything with aliens - non mainstream comedies like Archer, Louie, Wilfred, The League, Epic Meal Time, etc.
Misc: I'm from Parsippany, NJ. Been in Florida since I was in 9th grade. I live in downtown Orlando right across from the Amway Center, so I like going to Magic games even tho its my least favorite sport bc its like a 1 minute walk. I get a kick out of seeing my place whenever TNT has the blimp shot lol.

I try to make it to at least a couple Rangers games a year when they play Tampa or Fla.

Anyone else in the central FL area ever need a fellow knowledgeable fan to go to the Rangers game with or whatever I'm always down.

Deric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:53 PM
3Four3

Occupation: Unemployed...from office work. Currently I pick up bodies and deliver them to funeral homes.

Music: I'll listen to anything, but I still consider myself an old-school metal head. 70s/80s metal>>>>>Today's metal.

Food: I ain't picky, but for some reason I can't get enough of Cajun.

Interests: Play video games, watch movies, started hitting the weights again, hard liquor connoisseur.

Misc: I can crack a handful of hazelnuts with one hand, and I'm trying to crack walnuts between my fingers simultaneously.

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:59 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Ok, my story.

Occupation: Unfortunately unemployed at the moment, as my position with my company was eliminated back in May. Worked in an office as a Project Coordinator before that.

Music: 80’s Hard Rock/Heavy Metal is my favorite –KISS and Iron Maiden are my all-time favorites bands (seen KISS 5 times, Maiden 4) old Metallica, Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Motley Crue. But also into 70’s Classic Rock (Zeppelin, Stones, Eagles, Chicago, The Who, etc.), and into a lot today’s music. My 5 favorite current bands are Story of the Year, Shinedown, My Chemical Romance, Bullet for My Valentine, and LostProphets. Also love punk like Social Distortion, NOFX, Dropkick Murphys.

Food: Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Sushi...pretty much anything except Indian and Greek food.

Interests: Writing (I write a blog called the Gr8 Blue http://thegr8blueblog.blogspot.com/), reading, gym, concerts, going to hockey and baseball games (long suffering Mets fan)

TV/Movies:
A lot here: 24, Heroes, Dexter, Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement, Ice Road Truckers, Archer, The League, Monday Night Raw and One Tree Hill (guilty pleasure, my wife got me into it, and it is an AWESOME show). Dark Knight, Hangover, All the Spidermans, Miracle, Back to the Future, GoodFellas, Lethal Weapons and Die Hards.

Misc: Probably have mentioned this a million times, so I apologize, but I am married to a huge Devils fan who posts on here. It makes life interesting and fun. Been a Rangers fan since 1986, get to about 4-5 games a year at the Garden, and all the Rangers-Devils games in Newark.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric View Post
Music: metal. Last CD's I got were the new Arch Enemy, Scar Symmetry, and 2 new Trivium Songs, Children Of Bodom (seeing them in a few weeks), Turisas. I don't really care for "Scream-o"
Food: bar food. Wings, burgers, etc. Seafood
Interests: Rangers, Giants, Mets, Orlando Magic
TV/Movies anything with aliens - non mainstream comedies like Archer, Louie, Wilfred, The League, Epic Meal Time, etc.
Misc: I'm from Parsippany, NJ. Been in Florida since I was in 9th grade. I live in downtown Orlando right across from the Amway Center, so I like going to Magic games even tho its my least favorite sport bc its like a 1 minute walk. I get a kick out of seeing my place whenever TNT has the blimp shot lol.

I try to make it to at least a couple Rangers games a year when they play Tampa or Fla.

Anyone else in the central FL area ever need a fellow knowledgeable fan to go to the Rangers game with or whatever I'm always down.
Trivium screams in some of their songs.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Machinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Or talking with people who think Staal is overrated.
That's bad, but the worst for me are the people who think we're still a bunch of overpayed, soft, old free agents. Put away your time machine and your Backstreet Boys records. It's not the year 2000. Don't even get me started

Old
07-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Machinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Trivium screams in some of their songs.
I think every band he listed screams IIRC. Perfect example of screaming vs screamo.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Age: 30 (31 on Aug 7th, which happens to be Sauer's bday too)

Music: Everything. Old school hip-hop. Still listen to NYC progressive house. Rock.

Food: I eat a lot of ****ing chicken.

Interests: Hockey, woman, hfboards, cbssports fantasy baseball with my friends, Buffalo bills, hating the buffalo bills, wondering why i root for the buffalo bills, and packing up my 3 foot roor after a long days work with delicious NYC sour diesel.

TV/Movies: Don't watch a lot of TV.

Skated today for the first time today in about 3 years. What a wonderful, wonderful time I had. Little things, like the smell of my skates.. Sounds in the rink.. My ankles were weak, but after a few laps I was back to normal. I used to be able to do a clean split when I played hockey -- LOL, I can't do a half split anymore. I simulated my goaltending movements in the corner of the rink, which reminded me how tiring just maintaining your positioning is.

You young guys don't know what you have right now. Enjoy it!

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Deric

Quote:
I think every band he listed screams IIRC. Perfect example of screaming vs screamo.
haha yeah i think they all scream/growl probably except Turisas. I mean I don't like bands like Underoath and Asking Alexandria that some would consider "metal".

Deric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:50 AM
darko

Music: Rap, hip-hop, some new stuff
Food: chicken, pork, fish,
Interests: Baseball (Yanks), hockey (Rangers), basketball, soccer, muay thai
TV/Movies: How I met your mother, 2 and half men, keep track of new movies that come out
Misc: dont know

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:56 AM
McMonster

Music: rock, dubstep, & some rap
Interests: hockey. baseball, snowboarding, video games, sports memorabilia
Food: try my best to eat healthy and I haven't eaten fast food in about 2 years
TV: love watching shows such as Man vs. Wild, Dual Survival, etc.

Last edited by McMonster: 07-04-2011 at 03:43 PM.
McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:13 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Occupation: Student at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Summer job is currently at an upscale restaurant in NJ.

Music: Anything, but I love Dubstep and Hardcore music. Enter Shikari has been my favorite band for the past 5 years or so, but since I went to college I have really gotten into Dubstep/Jam/Electronic. Music just isn't the same once you've seen Pretty Lights and Bassnectar at Red Rocks.

Food: Anything is awesome. I enjoy cooking as well. I really love Hibachi though.

Interests: I'm a huge snowboarder. It was one of the main reasons I went to school in Colorado. I enjoy the terrain park, but my real bread and butter is the crazy stuff you see in Warren Miller movies. I love going off cliffs, through shoots and through trees and moguls (my friends give me ****, very few snowboarders enjoy moguls). If a trail requires hiking to ski it, I waste no time. I love traveling and have been all around the world, and enjoy staying at hostels and campsites, meeting unique people and hearing their stories. I could live out of the rest of my life just shooting the **** with people around a campfire. I played hockey through highschool, playing travel for the Colonials for ages, and was fortunate enough to win a state championship in highschool hockey. I really only play NHL as far as video games go, but every once in awhile a great RPG comes out that I will buy to escape reality. Skyrim will the first of those games in a long time.

TV/Movies: South Park, The Office, LOST, Family Guy, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Weeds, Californication.

Misc: Saw the actor who played Adam Banks from the Mighty Ducks (Vincent Larusso) at the restaurant I work at a few weeks back. I made a thread about it in The Lounge, because some funny things went down.

Last edited by ColonialsHockey10: 07-04-2011 at 02:25 AM.
ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Machinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deric View Post
haha yeah i think they all scream/growl probably except Turisas. I mean I don't like bands like Underoath and Asking Alexandria that some would consider "metal".
Here here!!

Old
07-04-2011, 06:14 AM
raist

Music: Punkrock, Hardrock, Metal
Food: Good food in general
Interests: Hamburger SV (german soccer club), NY Rangers, NY Giants, Travel, good Comics (Maus, V for Vendetta, Watchmen...), Books
TV/Movies: The Shield, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Seinfeld, Community, Its always sunny in Philadelphia, The league. Movies? Pretty much everything form Christopher Nolan, Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, Trainspotting and many many others
Misc: Cant wait to visit new york again.

raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Morris201

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

Occupation: Student at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Summer job is currently at an upscale restaurant in NJ.

Music: Anything, but I love Dubstep and Hardcore music. Enter Shikari has been my favorite band for the past 5 years or so, but since I went to college I have really gotten into Dubstep/Jam/Electronic. Music just isn't the same once you've seen Pretty Lights and Bassnectar at Red Rocks.

Food: Anything is awesome. I enjoy cooking as well. I really love Hibachi though.

Interests: I'm a huge snowboarder. It was one of the main reasons I went to school in Colorado. I enjoy the terrain park, but my real bread and butter is the crazy stuff you see in Warren Miller movies. I love going off cliffs, through shoots and through trees and moguls (my friends give me ****, very few snowboarders enjoy moguls). If a trail requires hiking to ski it, I waste no time. I love traveling and have been all around the world, and enjoy staying at hostels and campsites, meeting unique people and hearing their stories. I could live out of the rest of my life just shooting the **** with people around a campfire. I played hockey through highschool, playing travel for the Colonials for ages, and was fortunate enough to win a state championship in highschool hockey. I really only play NHL as far as video games go, but every once in awhile a great RPG comes out that I will buy to escape reality. Skyrim will the first of those games in a long time.

TV/Movies: South Park, The Office, LOST, Family Guy, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Weeds, Californication.

Misc: Saw the actor who played Adam Banks from the Mighty Ducks (Vincent Larusso) at the restaurant I work at a few weeks back. I made a thread about it in The Lounge, because some funny things went down.
Bassnectar and Pretty Lights are weaksnauceee, sounds like your way to up on your thissongissick game...if you're from Boulder you know what I'm talking about, haha.

Morris201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

Having trouble falling back asleep after waking up at 3AM, might as well do this to burn some time.

Name: Andrew
Occupation: Quit my job because I'm going away to college in a few months.
Music: Too many things to list, honestly. Lots of bands people have never heard of.
Food: Lots of things.
Interests: Hockey, cooking, messing with people, music, wine, SCIENCE. I like reading when I can bring out the patience to do it.
TV/Movies: I don't really watch much TV. I usually take time for Seinfeld and Conan... That's about it.
Misc: I'm not really sure what I'd put here.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:05 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
I think I'm the only Pat.
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cON View Post
Name: Patrick

Occupation: Graphicdesign / Technic section (Car Stickers, Arena-Boards and so on)

Music: all that sounds good Fav. Bands: Tool, Foo Fighters // Fav. Song: Dave Matthews "Some Devil" // Drum ´n Bass, Techno // The Postal Service, The whitest boy alive, HipHop (oldschool NY-Stuff) and so on but no Chart-Music!

TV: Dr. House, Chappelle´s Show, South Park

Food: all that my mom cooks But I´m a good cook too!

Interests: Hockey !!! (NYR, MODO, ETC) , Graffiti, Friends, Music, DJ-ing (Vinyl only!) and in February my Child

Misc: Life before death is called suriving ! ! !

NYR: Started to follow the Rangers in 94, since then I became a Die-Hard-Fanatic ! ! ! Was 2008 in Bern, SUI to see NYR vs. Magnitogorsk live, 2 day-trip = 400€

Jerseys: Gamer: 2000/2001 Pre-Season away #82 Garett Bembridge // Replicas: Blue Liberty #2 Leetch, White away #24 Callahan with 85th Anni. Patch, NYR Practice-Jersey grey // Team Sweden yellow

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
God, I am older than everyone who just posted here.
Come clean old man!

--

Occupation: sales. ugh. Shoulda gone to technical school, but got talked into business instead.

Music: Very diverse. I love the blues. Reggae. Probably been 1000+ rock shows in my life. If I had to pick a favorite artist, I'd go with Maynard James Keenan and his incredible bands.

Food: my wife is a chef. EVERYTHING she makes is delicious. Seriously.

Interests: As much as I love hockey, I eat, breathe and sleep motorsports. Road racing only though. Oval racing is foolishness. Some day, I'm going to make my pilgrimage to Le Mans.

TV/Movies: MST3K is the greatest thing ever put on a television. Chapelle's Show a close second.

Misc: My wife and I just bought our first house. Built in 1932 and completely original, but in need of LOTS of work. Any electricians out there licensed in Rhode Island?

--

Gotta say, this forum has always had great taste in music and I see that hasn't changed.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Music: Mostly Metal, prog metal, rock, some industrial/industrial metal
Food: Buffalo wings with nuclear sauce
Interests: Hockey (we know that.) cars and stuff, model railroading.
TV/Movies I don't really watch a lot of TV, to be honest.
Misc: I just go to a lot of ranger games. But I'll have to settle to see them only 4 times a year because I'm moving to Buffalo, and my girlfriend is a sabres fan. :/ I love her though. She said she'd tolerate the Rangers

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Music: Mostly Metal, prog metal, rock, some industrial/industrial metal
Food: Buffalo wings with nuclear sauce
Interests: Hockey (we know that.) cars and stuff, model railroading.
TV/Movies I don't really watch a lot of TV, to be honest.
Misc: I just go to a lot of ranger games. But I'll have to settle to see them only 4 times a year because I'm moving to Buffalo, and my girlfriend is a sabres fan. :/ I love her though. She said she'd tolerate the Rangers
70s/80s Metal though is my favorite. It's classic and wonderful.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote