HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stamkos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2011, 06:57 PM
  #51
RidinwitdaKING
Registered User
 
RidinwitdaKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexmex View Post
I'll just leave this here.

Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Steven Stamkos ($10.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Dale Weise ($0.605m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.850m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m)
Brodie Dupont ($0.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.000m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Steve Eminger ($1.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)

Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($3.716m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,784,167; BONUSES: $2,337,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $515,833
Yes Like this alot and Salary Cap might solve itself by Callahan Getting offer sheeted but think it is worth the risk(though it would hurt to loss future Captain).
Don't see Avery in this thread (I presume you would Trade him for a Pick or something).
Wolski Buyout?
Lets face it Dolan Has alot of $250 Lower bowl seats to sell and the transition to $75 Upstairs is coming next season to people used to paying $40.

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 07:14 PM
  #52
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,454
vCash: 500
Wonder if Stamkos's camp is just biding it's time waiting to see where Richards lands before approaching the losers.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 03:25 AM
  #53
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,213
vCash: 500
I am a bit confused. Are there serious rumours about a Stamkos move to NY, or is this just a hypothetical discussion?

Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2011, 04:46 AM
  #54
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
I am a bit confused. Are there serious rumours about a Stamkos move to NY, or is this just a hypothetical discussion?
hypothetical of course.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:24 AM
  #55
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexmex View Post
I'll just leave this here.

Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Steven Stamkos ($10.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Dale Weise ($0.605m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.850m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m)
Brodie Dupont ($0.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.000m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Steve Eminger ($1.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)

Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($3.716m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,784,167; BONUSES: $2,337,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $515,833
I'd support a variation on this^, and make the offer.
Would do first 3 years at more (like $12m ish max), then 12 years at $9m each.

To make extra cap, would:
trade/sell (give away) or buy out Wolski;
try to renegotiate both Gaborik and Lundqvist, add a year with more salary, slightly reduce salary (cap) this year and next.

Trade Girardi (can get by for younger Ds for less and need the scoring Stamkos provides).
No Eminger (cheaper option)
Trade MZA

MDZ on the bubble, depending upon what is offered, but inclined to keep.

Move some other contracts not part of the parent roster to get cap, worth it for Stamkos.
For example, last I looked we had a G named Talbot commanding $1m. We have other options. Surely John Davidson might do a deal with us. We might not unload the whole $1m, but enough.

Advise we keep as one line: Dubi-AA-Calahan
Main line Richards - Stamkos - Gaborik
Some limited double shifting Dubi, Prust, Gaborik, etc ok with other line combos.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
  #56
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I'd support a variation on this^, and make the offer.
Would do first 3 years at more (like $12m ish max), then 12 years at $9m each.

To make extra cap, would:
trade/sell (give away) or buy out Wolski;
try to renegotiate both Gaborik and Lundqvist, add a year with more salary, slightly reduce salary (cap) this year and next.

Trade Girardi (can get by for younger Ds for less and need the scoring Stamkos provides).
No Eminger (cheaper option)
Trade MZA

MDZ on the bubble, depending upon what is offered, but inclined to keep.

Move some other contracts not part of the parent roster to get cap, worth it for Stamkos.
For example, last I looked we had a G named Talbot commanding $1m. We have other options. Surely John Davidson might do a deal with us. We might not unload the whole $1m, but enough.

Advise we keep as one line: Dubi-AA-Calahan
Main line Richards - Stamkos - Gaborik
Some limited double shifting Dubi, Prust, Gaborik, etc ok with other line combos.
you can not restructure contracts once they are signed. This is a pipedream

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:06 PM
  #57
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 500
5 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:04 PM
  #58
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Brandon Dubinsky ($4.000m) / Steven Stamkos ($10.000m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.400m) / Brad Richards ($6.666m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.900m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m)
Michael Rupp ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.000m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.000m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($3.716m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,208,334; BONUSES: $1,487,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $91,666

We'd have to deal Wolski...and then we still only have a 20 man roster.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:38 PM
  #59
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Analyzing the speculation surrounding contract negotiations of TBL's Steven Stamkos

when it comes to the Stamkos negotiations, that vacuum is filled with speculation, including:

• If Stamkos, 21, with a league-best 96 goals the past two seasons, really wanted to play in Tampa, he would have signed.

• The players association is pushing the center to get as much money as he can to set a new bar for players coming out of their entry-level contracts.

• Yzerman is worried the collective bargaining agreement that will be negotiated after next season will have a lower salary cap that will make large contracts even more cumbersome.

But it all is secondary to Stamkos, who apparently is being offered a five-year, $37.5 million deal that would pay $7.5 million a season.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 04:11 PM
  #60
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,316
vCash: 500
Really, why has no one given Stamkos an offer sheet yet?

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 04:20 PM
  #61
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Really, why has no one given Stamkos an offer sheet yet?
Perhaps because they are generally frowned upon?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:25 AM
  #62
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Trade for Stamkos' rights.

Dubinsky, Boyle, MDZ and our first rounder for Stamkos's rights. sign stamkos to a 500 year deal or whatever. get rid of Wolski however.

go to war with something like...


Stepan - Richards - Gaborik
Avery- Stamkos - Callahan
Hagelin - AA - MZA
Fedotenko - Rupp - Prust

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:26 AM
  #63
RidinwitdaKING
Registered User
 
RidinwitdaKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Dreaming...Rangers are out of the Stamkos short sheeting.
Wergot our Man!

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:29 AM
  #64
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsRngrs View Post
Dreaming...Rangers are out of the Stamkos short sheeting.
Wergot our Man!
probably, but a smart GM would try to make it work. Stamkos is an elite player. he shouldnt be available, it woudl be insane if he was, but if you can get him, you move mountains to do it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:55 AM
  #65
RidinwitdaKING
Registered User
 
RidinwitdaKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
probably, but a smart GM would try to make it work. Stamkos is an elite player. he shouldnt be available, it woudl be insane if he was, but if you can get him, you move mountains to do it.
Agreed just not the Rangers at this point.
Offer sheet will probably not happen, but if the Rangers had missed out on Richards I think we would have seen it.

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:01 AM
  #66
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsRngrs View Post
Agreed just not the Rangers at this point.
Offer sheet will probably not happen, but if the Rangers had missed out on Richards I think we would have seen it.
so youre telling me if Stamkos is really available you think the Rangers shouldnt go after him?

Seriously?

I would trade almost everything we have for him.

Kredier, Thomas, Erixon, McDonagh, they are all on the table when talking about Stamkos.

Stepan? Dubinsky? Any day of the week.

obviously not all those pieces, but id be willing to part with quite a bit for him. hes 21 years old and already has 119 goals in the NHL....thats....insane.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:14 AM
  #67
RidinwitdaKING
Registered User
 
RidinwitdaKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
the Rangers can't engage at this point unless they have a Trade with probably Gaborik moving. They don't have the Cap Space to Make this happen.
You have to have the Cap Space to throw the Offer sheet and then realstically get ready for a possible sign and trade that would cost too much in Players back to Tampa.
The only way you Offer Sheet is if you know they can't Match, which they COULD have if they didn't get Richards.
I hope this is clear
because a lot of people think you sign the Offer Sheet as a caveat to a Trade but it really is more of a Force Majeur.
Go look that up.
I think Toronto signing Tim Connely ends this nonsense
though LA could do a sign and trade with Doughty.

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:20 AM
  #68
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsRngrs View Post
the Rangers can't engage at this point unless they have a Trade with probably Gaborik moving. They don't have the Cap Space to Make this happen.You have to have the Cap Space to throw the Offer sheet and then realstically get ready for a possible sign and trade that would cost too much in Players back to Tampa.
The only way you Offer Sheet is if you know they can't Match, which they COULD have if they didn't get Richards.
I hope this is clear
because a lot of people think you sign the Offer Sheet as a caveat to a Trade but it really is more of a Force Majeur.
Go look that up.
I think Toronto signing Tim Connely ends this nonsense
though LA could do a sign and trade with Doughty.
But they do, if the trade as outlined by Inferno happens, that's 7 Mill off the books, + the current 2.5 million we have, that's 9.5 add the 1 Mil for Christensen, and you are there.
I still say Sather won't poach unless it's a trade.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:31 AM
  #69
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsRngrs View Post
the Rangers can't engage at this point unless they have a Trade with probably Gaborik moving. They don't have the Cap Space to Make this happen.
i agree but i think that sather would move gaborik in a heartbeat if it meant a shot to get stamkos in the 1 in 999 billion chance that he was actually available.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:33 AM
  #70
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
But they do, if the trade as outlined by Inferno happens, that's 7 Mill off the books, + the current 2.5 million we have, that's 9.5 add the 1 Mil for Christensen, and you are there.
I still say Sather won't poach unless it's a trade.
Yeah, they can certainly afford Stamkos if they acquire him via trade. Heck, if you look at my capgeek post above, they are almost there even without dealing any players. But it's not Sather's style.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:56 AM
  #71
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, they can certainly afford Stamkos if they acquire him via trade. Heck, if you look at my capgeek post above, they are almost there even without dealing any players. But it's not Sather's style.
Sather did exactly just this when he traded for Erixon. its on a smaller level, but its the exact same scenario.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:06 AM
  #72
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,393
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Does anyone actually think Stammy won't be in Tampa next season?

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:07 AM
  #73
ocarina
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Really, why has no one given Stamkos an offer sheet yet?
It wouldn't surprise me if other teams have presented offers, but Stamkos simply refuses to sign them.

That's something I feel people tend to forget about when they start salivating at poaching a player via offersheet. You can offer as much as you want, means nothing if the player won't sign it.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:15 AM
  #74
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Sather did exactly just this when he traded for Erixon. its on a smaller level, but its the exact same scenario.
I don't see how it's the exact same scenario.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:24 AM
  #75
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Perhaps because they are generally frowned upon?
just like masturbating on an airplane.

He is not getting offersheeted, because a gm would have a bounty on their head anytime one of their key RFAs hit the market

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.