HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dubinsky to Vancouver

Old
07-04-2011, 02:51 AM
ronaldo123

vCash: 500
Dubinsky to Vancouver

Just trying to gauge his appropriate value. I understand that new york can resign all their rfa's to reasonable contracts.

Would something like: Raymond+Samuelsson+Hodgson+2nd get it done?

Or is it too little or too much?

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:51 AM
mstad101

Rangers have a pretty full roster as is, and really wouldn't need Samuelsson or Raymond.

My guess, only an offer sheet too high for their cap would be what obtains Dubinsky.
Tho if it meant losing a 1st 2nd n a 3rd I would do it.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Kesler. Anything else, do not want.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:11 AM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
Just trying to gauge his appropriate value. I understand that new york can resign all their rfa's to reasonable contracts.

I like Dubinsky but are you bat**** crazy? 2/3rds the second line, a top prospect, and a 2nd?

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:25 AM
ZacUSNYR

We still have Messier to sweeten the deal

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:41 AM
kammyBlazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
We still have Messier to sweeten the deal
Kesler for Dubinsky, Messier, and a bag of Lays

kammyBlazer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:46 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post

No. We would do Dubinsky + for Kesler and that's about it.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
What Ranger fans might do and what Sather might do are two completely different things.

We're getting used to this idea of us drafting a building our core guys. Its a relatively new direction for our franchise. So we're naturally protective of guys like Dubi, Cally, and the rest. As such we're going to want serious overpayments for their acquisition.

07-04-2011, 09:16 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
What Ranger fans might do and what Sather might do are two completely different things.

We're getting used to this idea of us drafting a building our core guys. Its a relatively new direction for our franchise. So we're naturally protective of guys like Dubi, Cally, and the rest. As such we're going to want serious overpayments for their acquisition.
This, although anybody can be traded if the overpayment is massive enough.

While not massive overpayment, Kesler looks like answer to your question on what it would take to pry Dubi.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

if they trade Dubinsky, who will play Top6 LW for NY?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:24 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if they trade Dubinsky, who will play Top6 LW for NY?
This.

You don't deal from weakness to address weakness. We need a top6 LW - why trade the other top 6 LW?

You know, unless you make it worth our while.

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:30 AM
BringBackLibertys

Daniel Sedin, there. LW for LW, only way we do it. Now I know your are gonna scream NO WAY, and when you are done.....you know how every Rangers fan feels. We aren't trading Dubi.

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackLibertys View Post
Daniel Sedin, there. LW for LW, only way we do it. Now I know your are gonna scream NO WAY, and when you are done.....you know how every Rangers fan feels. We aren't trading Dubi.
id be ashamed to have any Sedin as a Ranger i wouldnt trade Dubinsky for Sedin straight up, i dont want a player to just stand there to take a punch and not stick up for himself...at least Dubinsky fights back and goes after players like Crosby and Ovechkin

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

He's not untouchable, but the Rangers don't need help filling out their roster (quantity), but rather a focus on individual players (quality). I don't think they'd deal Dubinsky for a package of several assets. Well, I don't think they'd deal him at all, but if they did, it would be in a one-for-one deal for a very good player, singular.

Teams usually don't sign the top-six center they needed to flesh out the top two lines, only to deal the guy that now slots to #2, creating the same problem (just with a better single top-six center than they had before). Teams may deal their third top-six center, if their team is lucky enough to have three such guys who qualify. Few have that abundance of centers. The other reason could be cap space problems created from the signing or trade for a #1 center, but as noted, this won't be a problem for NYR.

Teams expend a great deal of energy trying to land two scoring-line centers. They're reluctant to part with them once in place.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Capathetic

No way Van does Kesler for dubi and Brandon is one of my favorite players in the league. Kesler is what the rangers and fans hope that he can become one day...however saying that dubi and kesler on the same line would be unfair.

I thought the op was fair value...maybe a little too much even. The rangers are lying if they told you they wouldnt like to have a player like Cody hodgson as a future 1st/2nd line center as they lacked any good playmakers before the richards sweepstakes. Samuleson scores goals..something the team also lacks.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:41 AM
BringBackLibertys

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
No way Van does Kesler for dubi and Brandon is one of my favorite players in the league. Kesler is what the rangers and fans hope that he can become one day...however saying that dubi and kesler on the same line would be unfair.

I thought the op was fair value...maybe a little too much even. The rangers are lying if they told you they wouldnt like to have a player like Cody hodgson as a future 1st/2nd line center as they lacked any good playmakers before the richards sweepstakes. Samuleson scores goals..something the team also lacks.
We need a center to play behind Richards?? What? Anisimov and Stepan both say HI! We needed a Number 1 center and got him, we don't need a #2, or #3 center, thanks. We need a scoring left winger, but we wont give up our best LW to get him, end of story.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackLibertys View Post
We need a center to play behind Richards?? What? Anisimov and Stepan both say HI! We needed a Number 1 center and got him, we don't need a #2, or #3 center, thanks. We need a scoring left winger, but we wont give up our best LW to get him, end of story.
I thought I saw stephan playing wing last year? my mistake. Tho it doesnt hurt to have a young up and comming potential first line center as they are much harder to find than a left wing who has grit and might score 30 goals.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

Nobody suggested Dubinsky is worth Kesler. People are just trying to, propose what you're proposing to us.

The lesser player, + pick, + a prospect. The pick+prospect won't interest the Rangers much. They're a very young team, and they have a number of quality prospects in their pipeline.

Additionally, Rangers can't afford to move their only top-6 LW off their roster. Put yourself in our situation and you will understand.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:13 AM
BringBackLibertys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Nobody suggested Dubinsky is worth Kesler. People are just trying to, propose what you're proposing to us.

The lesser player, + pick, + a prospect. The pick+prospect won't interest the Rangers much. They're a very young team, and they have a number of quality prospects in their pipeline.

Additionally, Rangers can't afford to move their only top-6 LW off their roster. Put yourself in our situation and you will understand.
^This, and again, we have 2 up and coming young centers, even if only one breaks out (and I think they will both have good success) then we are fine.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:13 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
I thought I saw stephan playing wing last year? my mistake. Tho it doesnt hurt to have a young up and comming potential first line center as they are much harder to find than a left wing who has grit and might score 30 goals.
Stepan could potentially be a top line center at some point. As a 20 year old, he put up 45 points (21G, 24A) in 82 games, after never playing more than 65 games in his career, which was while he was at Shattuck-St. Mary's in HS. Needless to say, he hit a wall as well, bounced back and then wasn't able to keep up to speed in the playoffs.

The Rangers have someone who can become a top line center in their organization, but for right now, Richards was needed to contend in the next 1-2 seasons.

Trading Dubinsky would be dumb. As of right now, he's the teams best LW, and unless we're going to get someone near equal value and can produce right now, which is a redundant move, is needed to deal him. Dubinsky won't get traded right now. Can I see it potentially happening in a couple years? Sure.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:14 AM
HankTheTankYoLo

vCash: 50
Dubinsky + Del zotto for Kesler

HankTheTankYoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:16 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Stepan did play some wing last season, mostly because he was pretty brutal on faceoffs and overall a little green experience wise. With the addition of Richards, combined with: Anisimov, Stepan, and Boyle, Rangers don't need Centers now or tomorrow.

On the right side they have Gaborik, Callahan, Zuccarello, and Prust. They have Centers; they have RW's.

Dubinsky's practically untouchable, considering no team is going to offer the proper compensation for him. It's like asking us about Staal's availability. There isn't another player on our roster that can replicate what he does, so moving him for a lesser player topped with other assets to bridge the difference in value isn't going to entice us.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Capathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post

I didnt propose it..just said it was fair value. Sammuelson is capable of putting up comprable stats to dubinsky. Adding in a very high draft choice in Hodgson who has potential and mason raymond who isnt exactly a slouch. Im not even a nucks fan.

And imo Kesler is one of the top 5 players in the game. Its going to take an arm and a leg to get him out of van with that contract and comming off a selke.

I agree dont trade from a weakness,but dubinsky even if he is one of my fave players is replaceable and not elite. He obviously means more to the rangers than other teams for his intangibles but as far as production goes I thought the deal was fair.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
I didnt propose it..just said it was fair value. Sammuelson is capable of putting up comprable stats to dubinsky. Adding in a very high draft choice in Hodgson who has potential and mason raymond who isnt exactly a slouch. Im not even a nucks fan.

I agree dont trade from a weakness,but dubinsky even if he is one of my fave players is replaceable and not elite. He obviously means more to the rangers than other teams for his intangibles but as far as production goes I thought the deal was fair.
You can't base a trade off of value, because teams value players differently depending on the organizations strengths and weaknesses.

Sammuelson will be 35 in December. He'll be an UFA after the season. Additionally, his primary position is RW where we have depth. Dubinsky turned 25 two months ago, and should be signing a multi-year deal.

Rangers would have absolutely zero interest in Sammy.

I'd love to add Raymond as our 2LW. Not at the expense of Dubinsky, though. Especially considering Raymonds going to start the season on the ltir.

Old
07-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
And imo Kesler is one of the top 5 players in the game. Its going to take an arm and a leg to get him out of van with that contract and comming off a selke.
Keslers a great player, but he's not a top-5, or even top-10 player in the game. C'mon.