HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

Why do people say the NBA is full of thugs when the NFL is just as bad?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2011, 11:23 AM
  #26
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFifthStaal View Post
You've seriously never heard someone say the same thing about the NFL? I've heard many people say the NFL is full of criminals and thugs as well.
Yeah, but I mean not as bad as the NBA has been.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 02:58 PM
  #27
Mike Emrick
Moderator
Corsi's right
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 201,846
vCash: 500
They're both equal

Mike Emrick is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:43 PM
  #28
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 117,902
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
The NFL poster boys are mostly white (Manning, Brady, Brees), that would be my explanation. It is a very sad thing, but I think it is the answer.
So your saying that the NBA is portrayed badly because most of its players are black while the NFL is given a pass because even though most of there players are black they have 3 white QB's that have won MVP awards?

Didn't Nash and Dirk win MVP's and get pretty universal recognistion as the great white hopes?

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:54 PM
  #29
Rizer
Registered User
 
Rizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Israel
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Yeah, but I mean not as bad as the NBA has been.
I was actually looking at a list of NBA players who had been arrested for drugs or violence in the last 20 years and the list was pretty damn long.

I bet if you looked up a list of NFL players and compared them the numbers wouldn't be very far off.

Rizer is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 05:57 PM
  #30
Mike Emrick
Moderator
Corsi's right
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 201,846
vCash: 500
Again, the numbers are similar for both leagues. There is no bias towards one or the other.

Mike Emrick is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 06:31 PM
  #31
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,088
vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So your saying that the NBA is portrayed badly because most of its players are black while the NFL is given a pass because even though most of there players are black they have 3 white QB's that have won MVP awards?

Didn't Nash and Dirk win MVP's and get pretty universal recognistion as the great white hopes?
Nash and Dirk aren't as heavily marketed as the face of their sports as Brady and Manning are. Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are, both are black athletes, one was accused of **** and the other is pretty much universally hated.

And don't put your head in the sand, the NBA is mostly seen as a "black" sport, the NFL is not, even though there are A LOT of black players in it.

I love basketball and I think all of this is VERY VERY VERY sad, but we have to face the truth, there is a big racial issue in the way the NBA is perceived. And that is breaking my heart because a dozen of thugs make a whole sport, heck, in the mind of some retards, a whole "race" look bad.

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 07:59 PM
  #32
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,318
vCash: 500
Can't remember the last time a football player went into the stands to beat up a fan...

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
  #33
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,088
vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Can't remember the last time a football player went into the stands to beat up a fan...
Can't remember the last time fans were sitting on the field at a football game...

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
07-03-2011, 09:11 PM
  #34
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 117,902
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Nash and Dirk aren't as heavily marketed as the face of their sports as Brady and Manning are. Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are, both are black athletes, one was accused of **** and the other is pretty much universally hated.

And don't put your head in the sand, the NBA is mostly seen as a "black" sport, the NFL is not, even though there are A LOT of black players in it.

I love basketball and I think all of this is VERY VERY VERY sad, but we have to face the truth, there is a big racial issue in the way the NBA is perceived. And that is breaking my heart because a dozen of thugs make a whole sport, heck, in the mind of some retards, a whole "race" look bad.
Did you ever think the reason NBA gets such a bad perception is because of there garbage product on stands , The attacks on coaches , The generally higher notoriety of there incidents (Pulling guns on teammates , Strangling coach , Attacking fans in stands , etc)

Race has little to do with it ,, People loved Reggie Miller , Karl Malone , MJ , Mutumbo , Shaq , etc

Todays NBA players are for most part not likeable and they play garbage game on court


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 07-04-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 12:00 AM
  #35
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,310
vCash: 500
but NFL players **** people, fight dogs, shoot each off the court, travis henry and his kids.

Its not race for because the NFL is black too. Just seems bias.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 02:33 AM
  #36
Zeus54
Trollololol
 
Zeus54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: on tilt
Posts: 6,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
but NFL players **** people, fight dogs, shoot each off the court, travis henry and his kids.
And that doesn't go on with NBA players?

The NFL gets their fair share of criticism and bashing, too, for their thuggery and crime.

Seems like you're just holding a grudge against the NFL.

Zeus54 is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 03:20 AM
  #37
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 37,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
but NFL players **** people, fight dogs, shoot each off the court, travis henry and his kids.

Its not race for because the NFL is black too. Just seems bias.

For every Michael Vick there's Quintel Woods.

darko is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 04:16 AM
  #38
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Can't remember the last time fans were sitting on the field at a football game...
Can't remember the last time, basketball fans were sitting on the court?

Fact is, **** is thrown all the time in football games (hello the Dawg Pound! or Philadelphia). And yet no one has jumped into the stands to go after a fan.

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 06:40 AM
  #39
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 36,771
vCash: 500
In 2004, FORTY percent of NBA players had criminal records

http://spectator.org/archives/2004/11/23/rap-sheets#

Since 40 is almost 6 times more than the 7% of football players....that's why they said the NBA was full of thugs.

__________________
Devil inside, devil inside, every single one of us, the devil inside.
SpinTheBlackCircle is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 06:40 AM
  #40
Tuggy
Homer glasses on
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,697
vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Can't remember the last time, basketball fans were sitting on the court?

Fact is, **** is thrown all the time in football games (hello the Dawg Pound! or Philadelphia). And yet no one has jumped into the stands to go after a fan.
Well to be fair, they don't have Ron Artest...er...Metta World Peace.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 08:17 AM
  #41
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjge42 View Post
And that doesn't go on with NBA players?

The NFL gets their fair share of criticism and bashing, too, for their thuggery and crime.

Seems like you're just holding a grudge against the NFL.
No. I am a Giants Fans. I'm just saying the media is showing an unfair bias against the NBA for literally no reason.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 08:19 AM
  #42
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
For every Michael Vick there's Quintel Woods.
True.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
  #43
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.
 
SpinTheBlackCircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 36,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
No. I am a Giants Fans. I'm just saying the media is showing an unfair bias against the NBA for literally no reason.
other than many more NBA players by percentage than NFL players, like the facts?

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
  #44
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan
 
Alex Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Conspiratron 3000
Country: South Korea
Posts: 20,116
vCash: 500
Because the NBA is America's only percieved "black" league.

Alex Jones is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 10:08 AM
  #45
Melrose Munch
Registered User
 
Melrose Munch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
other than many more NBA players by percentage than NFL players, like the facts?
http://www.lasentinel.net/Blacked-Out.html

21 percent and 40 percent

But:

Quote:
The NFL said that the study unfairly included criminal incidents in college and that there arrest rate is no different from any other group. According to the actually numbers, the arrest rate in the NFL is smaller than most other groups.
Quote:
Benedict claims that 40 percent of NBA players have criminal records. He had to back off of those claims after NBA commissioner David Stern protested the book. Benedict later admitted that he used incomplete data to come up with his figure. Out of the 450 NBA players, he was only able to get information on 177 of them.
So we really don't know.

Melrose Munch is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 10:21 AM
  #46
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Nash and Dirk aren't as heavily marketed as the face of their sports as Brady and Manning are. Kobe Bryant and Lebron James are, both are black athletes, one was accused of **** and the other is pretty much universally hated.

And don't put your head in the sand, the NBA is mostly seen as a "black" sport, the NFL is not, even though there are A LOT of black players in it.

I love basketball and I think all of this is VERY VERY VERY sad, but we have to face the truth, there is a big racial issue in the way the NBA is perceived. And that is breaking my heart because a dozen of thugs make a whole sport, heck, in the mind of some retards, a whole "race" look bad.
Agree 100% with this post. The NBA is seen as a "black" league and unfortunately there's still a lot of racism out there.

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
  #47
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,088
vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Can't remember the last time, basketball fans were sitting on the court?

Fact is, **** is thrown all the time in football games (hello the Dawg Pound! or Philadelphia). And yet no one has jumped into the stands to go after a fan.
Court-side seats are pretty much two feet away from the court. The closest fan to the action in football is, what, 30 feet from the END of the endzone?

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 03:34 PM
  #48
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 19,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Court-side seats are pretty much two feet away from the court. The closest fan to the action in football is, what, 30 feet from the END of the endzone?
I think IIRC they are pretty close to the sidelines where players sit and stand.

For every Ron Artest there is a T.O...Haynsworth (though I can't see him motivated enough to go after a fan)

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
07-04-2011, 03:51 PM
  #49
Mike Emrick
Moderator
Corsi's right
 
Mike Emrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 201,846
vCash: 500
Meh, he got in an altercation with someone else over a traffic incident, and has been accused of alleged sexual assault towards waitresses. He would get physical with fans.

Which reminds me, remember the time James Harrison ****ed up a fan who ran onto the field?


Mike Emrick is offline  
Old
07-05-2011, 03:18 AM
  #50
KaylaJ
I like stories
 
KaylaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hell
Country: United States
Posts: 15,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Race has little to do with it ,, People loved Reggie Miller , Karl Malone , MJ , Mutumbo , Shaq , etc
Not everyone loved shaq and i doubt everyone loved those elbows karl malone threw

The problem is perception, sometimes built from the NBA itself. David Robinson was one of the nicest guys in all of sports, but he was never really given much media because he was in a small market and cause everyone saw him as being too soft. Doesn't help that the media stuffs it down people's throat and they take it for the word on everything.


Last edited by KaylaJ: 07-05-2011 at 03:31 AM.
KaylaJ is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.