HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011/12 Scapegoat

Old
07-03-2011, 04:50 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Expectations from the fans base should be lowered this coming Season. I'll be happy with making the playoffs. Now 2-3 years from now, they better be a top team.
At which time JvR and Giroux will be traded for potential JvR and Giroux.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:07 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Dude, stop with the Anton ********. He has nothing to do with our team, and we have nothing to do with the joke. /rant

07-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Haute Couturier

Hartnell/Carle. Bryz has the lofty weight of his terrible contract so if he doesn't perform well there will be a lot of complaining.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Hartnell/Carle. Bryz has the lofty weight of his terrible contract so if he doesn't perform well there will be a lot of complaining.
Come on, we all know that Bryz will going from best goalie ever to omg why did we sign him every time the wind changes. This is the Flyers HFBoards.

Five game shutout streak: I knew this was going to be a good signing! Best move the Flyers ever made!

Three game losing streak: OMG WTF? I can't believe this bum is in net! Homer is so stupid!

A win streak: Bryz is so awesome and I never once said it was a bad move!

Another losing streak: I have said from the beginning this was a bad move! What a bum! Bring back Robert Esche!

Make the playoffs: With Bryz in net, this team is unstoppable! I have always said how much I liked him and how much I was in favor for signing him! What a goalie!

Lose in playoffs: Another great move by Homer! I knew from the start how bad of a move this was. What a joke. Bryzgalov isn't fit to carry Michael Leighton's jock and I have said that from day one. I would have signed Vokoun for $1.5 million because I knew he would sign for that much and everyone else in the world did except for Homer and the Flyers organization because everyone else is smarter than they are and could do their job better!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
With several members of last years squad shipped off or not brought back, the Flyers have a bunch of new faces this upcoming season...

Who do you feel will be this upcoming seasons scapegoat/whipping boy?
A lot of our members will say if the Flyers do poorly it will be Homer's fault. And if they do well it will be because of dumb luck or all the other teams had major injuries or we matched up well against them. Something along those lines. However now that Jeff is gone it remains to be seen who they will turn on. I just hope it is not JVR. Let him keep on growing.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:29 PM
smacklby

Hartnell

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:40 PM
infidelappel*

Bryz is gonna get a lot of undue hate. Being the first big name goalie between the pipes for this club in a long time, any time he has an off game (or just doesn't steal it for us), he's gonna get slaughtered in the media/by the fans.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Jtown

Easily Carter.

He made richie party too much and got him traded out of philly.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:09 AM
3Fs

After reading the question my answer was JVR and Pronger. Then when I started to read peoples replies it dawned on me.

When a team falls apart or something bad happens, its the coach who gets the axe. Even if its the players fault the coach hits the road.
This is not the case this year. Flyers went for the throat and shipped off the heart of the team in Carter and Richards.

I am very excited to see our team this year to see how it looks. I believe the right moves have been made.

So if we do not do good this year it has to be the coach who is f ing things up and he will have to go next year for sure.

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:13 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
I think Pronger will begin to get a lot more criticism this year. The last 2 years he has seemingly evaded all criticism just because he is Chris Pronger.
Best answer, IMO.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:23 AM
PhilaFlyers

Jagr

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:40 AM
DumpyD

Most people probably already have a small expectation in the back of their mind for Jagr to be a failed experiment. I'm also going with our defense, half of them being old and the other half being boneheads.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:21 AM
StandingCow

Leighton still.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:31 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

It will have to be JVR. He has a hard act to follow after the playoffs!

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Ed Snider
I agree with you.

However, I do not think Mr. Snider will agree...

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:09 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Come on, we all know that Bryz will going from best goalie ever to omg why did we sign him every time the wind changes. This is the Flyers HFBoards.

Five game shutout streak: I knew this was going to be a good signing! Best move the Flyers ever made!

Three game losing streak: OMG WTF? I can't believe this bum is in net! Homer is so stupid!

A win streak: Bryz is so awesome and I never once said it was a bad move!

Another losing streak: I have said from the beginning this was a bad move! What a bum! Bring back Robert Esche!

Make the playoffs: With Bryz in net, this team is unstoppable! I have always said how much I liked him and how much I was in favor for signing him! What a goalie!

Lose in playoffs: Another great move by Homer! I knew from the start how bad of a move this was. What a joke. Bryzgalov isn't fit to carry Michael Leighton's jock and I have said that from day one. I would have signed Vokoun for $1.5 million because I knew he would sign for that much and everyone else in the world did except for Homer and the Flyers organization because everyone else is smarter than they are and could do their job better!
I tend to agree with this....but once we get to the playoffs (and I believe we will) If Bryz is not better than he has been the past two season....this signing equals FAIL in my opinion. He is supposed to be and is paid like a goalie that can steal a game (which he couldnt do last year) or a series (which he hasnt done in the last two years). He has been mediocre the past two playoff appearences. I know it is Phoenix and will give a little benefit of the doubt, but he doesnt have that excuse here.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Honestly, if this team underperforms, Homer will probably be the person who has to take the fall.

I said a few months ago that GM's rarely ever make blockbuster trades like moving Richards or Carter because when they do, they put their career on the line with one move. If it doesn't work out, they are to blame. If the Flyers stumble next year, Homer will go.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:34 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Honestly, if this team underperforms, Homer will probably be the person who has to take the fall.

I said a few months ago that GM's rarely ever make blockbuster trades like moving Richards or Carter because when they do, they put their career on the line with one move. If it doesn't work out, they are to blame. If the Flyers stumble next year, Homer will go.
except when its your boss telling you to trade em both. its part of the reason why Holmgren wont be fired. if he is canned it wont be over these 2 trades. it will be because of other things.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:36 AM
smacklby

Homer!

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
except when its your boss telling you to trade em both. its part of the reason why Holmgren wont be fired. if he is canned it wont be over these 2 trades. it will be because of other things.
scape·goat
   [skeyp-goht]
–noun
a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:51 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Voracek, Jagr, Hartnell, Carle.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:07 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
scape·goat
   [skeyp-goht]
–noun
a person or group made to bear the blame for others or to suffer in their place.
LOL. I would be SHOCKED if Holmgren is fired. We would have to miss the playoffs and even then Lavi would go first.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:10 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
I tend to agree with this....but once we get to the playoffs (and I believe we will) If Bryz is not better than he has been the past two season....this signing equals FAIL in my opinion. He is supposed to be and is paid like a goalie that can steal a game (which he couldnt do last year) or a series (which he hasnt done in the last two years). He has been mediocre the past two playoff appearences. I know it is Phoenix and will give a little benefit of the doubt, but he doesnt have that excuse here.
Bryz wouldn't have been able to steal a game against Boston that is for sure. There were so many 2 one 1s against us because of the D's always pinching. No goalie would have been able to win that series for us... If we do play a good team defense hopefully he can steal us a few games

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:45 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Ryan Howard.
This mad me lol.
Its gonna fall on the fans. The jokes on us.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:51 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

These would be my primary suspects, considering Holmgren has been a whipping boy in his own right for some time:

Bryzgalov - if his play is in any way inferior with respect to how he played in Phoenix during the regular season

JVR - due to (unfair) high expectations based on his playoff performance

Laviolette - his leash will be short, even with the heavy turnover