HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(Part 3) Richards/Carter traded: Class of 2003

Old
07-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
I tear up now when I watch this. So sad what that man did for us during the Stanley Cup run. It just wasnt enough and now hes gone.
Just drown your sorrows in alcohol...

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:18 PM
trigzter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Just drown your sorrows in alcohol...

pretty cute of them to wear matching grey shirts

trigzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Giroux > Richards

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:07 PM
smacklby

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Coburn helped on "The Shift"

But Mike Richards is what gives me chills here. (Well that and the epic music man )

Brayden Schenn can do that too, and then some! Just wait and see!

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Fielddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
Brayden Schenn can do that too, and then some! Just wait and see!
I have watched Schenn and you are close to being correct. Schenn "might" do that but Richards HAS done it, big difference. Never would have made this trade, even if Schenn does it.

Fielddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
skoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
I tear up now when I watch this. So sad what that man did for us during the Stanley Cup run. It just wasnt enough and now hes gone.
You tear up? Really? Come on now...he didn't even play here for that long and he didn't win anything besides the award for least worthy captain.

Mike Richards is going to go down as one of the most overrated Flyers in team history. And he's going to be a massive dissapointment in LA considering what they gave up to get him. When they get to February and he suddenly forgets how to play, they'll be wishing they had Schenn.

skoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
You tear up? Really? Come on now...he didn't even play here for that long and he didn't win anything besides the award for least worthy captain.

Mike Richards is going to go down as one of the most overrated Flyers in team history. And he's going to be a massive dissapointment in LA considering what they gave up to get him. When they get to February and he suddenly forgets how to play, they'll be wishing they had Schenn.
When Richards scores 30 goals, 75+ points, and wins the Selke I don't think the Kings are going to wish they had Schenn

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Who removed my brilliant gif-post?

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

I just break out the two DVD's and watch them as kids when they lost the Gold medal game to USA then the following year they won the Gold and smoked the great 8. Seeing Mike in the locker room wearing the game hard hat was cool. Man was Carter impressive both those games. Knowing they were drafted by us was special. They both will have a spot in my heart and I will wish them nothing but good luck. Except when they play us. Get busy living or get busy dying. GO FLYERS

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Mosetter27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post

whats he saying there

im horrible at reading lips

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:45 PM
JVR21
G

"All ****ing game....yaydydyaydyys"

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

Really tear up? Hmmm. But I did tear up at Pelle's memorial service.That was a tough evening for sure.

I do disagree with your comments about Mike. He is a pro and will do just fine. Overrated? No way. But I do hope the kings will regret the trade. I am looking forward to see what the kid can do here. As much as I am looking forward to 2012. I think 2013 will even be better.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:55 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
whats he saying there

The last part im quite sure is

"Oh yeah? You got it buddy/man"

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
whats he saying there

"All ****ing game...you want it? You got it, man."

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:

Wow, Richards got on my nerves this year, but for this era, I don't know how you could argue he wasn't the best player on the team.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Canteen Boy
Pretttty Good

Quote:

How was Richards overrated? Borderline PPG players with excellent D play don't exactly fall off of trees. His role as Captain may have been arguably overrated but his play certainly wasn't.

Canteen Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
So we're only allowed to fondly remember champions now?

I wasn't even alive in 1987 and I understand the idiocy of that statement.

Some of us were just extremely shocked and disappointed to see them go because it looked as though they were on the verge of doing something big together. You look back at that shift by Richards in the EC clincher against Montreal, when he was really on top of his game. Then you see the way Giroux and JvR were really coming into their own at this level. Briere still lit up the playoffs. Then there's the defense, which is one of the best in the league when healthy. The odd man out of the playoff performers was Carter, but at some point it seemed like he'd put it together in the playoffs. If it happened next season, I'd say it'd be their best shot. Richards played a lot of games last season, it'd be interesting to see his effort level deep into next season given the extra time off this off-season.

It was a team of strength seemingly built around Richards and Carter. Acquiring Bryzgalov was the last piece. A few minor tweaks, a few smart signings to fill in depth, and the Flyers are again considered one of the top contenders. But that's what I think the organization got tired of: being considered annual contenders, spending to the cap, and seeing no Cups.

Interesting to note that the Flyers have maybe 3 players on the roster drafted by the organization.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:38 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort Sampson View Post
So we're only allowed to fondly remember champions now?

I wasn't even alive in 1987 and I understand the idiocy of that statement.

Some of us were just extremely shocked and disappointed to see them go because it looked as though they were on the verge of doing something big together. You look back at that shift by Richards in the EC clincher against Montreal, when he was really on top of his game. Then you see the way Giroux and JvR were really coming into their own at this level. Briere still lit up the playoffs. Then there's the defense, which is one of the best in the league when healthy. The odd man out of the playoff performers was Carter, but at some point it seemed like he'd put it together in the playoffs. If it happened next season, I'd say it'd be their best shot. Richards played a lot of games last season, it'd be interesting to see his effort level deep into next season given the extra time off this off-season.

It was a team of strength seemingly built around Richards and Carter. Acquiring Bryzgalov was the last piece. A few minor tweaks, a few smart signings to fill in depth, and the Flyers are again considered one of the top contenders. But that's what I think the organization got tired of: being considered annual contenders, spending to the cap, and seeing no Cups.

Interesting to note that the Flyers have maybe 3 players on the roster drafted by the organization.
The comments above yours just prove that the majority of Flyer fans treat their players like ****. It's embarrassing to see how this fan base is perceived elsewhere and I know it isn't everyone but the ones that act like petulant children because the team didn't win the cup make everyone look bad.

They had a deep playoff run last year and didn't have enough recovery time. It happens to nearly every team, Chicago didn't do much either during this year's playoffs just like Pittsburgh didn't do much the year before. Add in the extended number of games with the Olympics forcing a longer season and some of the players didn't have enough left in the tank. But then again we're supposed to act like these guys are super human robots.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:51 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
whats he saying there

In the last part I think he says "you want it?" I want say he says something like you got it mate afterwards, but I think I'm just putting that there, because it fits. At first I thought he was saying "go **** yourself" in the first part, but I don't think he is.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:28 PM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
In the last part I think he says "you want it?" I want say he says something like you got it mate afterwards, but I think I'm just putting that there, because it fits. At first I thought he was saying "go **** yourself" in the first part, but I don't think he is.
All ****ing game! You want it? keep your head up buddy.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

I haven't been around here since the end of the season.

I'm still sad about Richards being traded.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Oh, **** me. I just watched the empty netter that took us to the cup in 2010.
Richards was amazing, won the faceoff, stole the puck in the Habs zone and Carter hustled for the tap-in.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:14 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Oh, **** me. I just watched the empty netter that took us to the cup in 2010.
Richards was amazing, won the faceoff, stole the puck in the Habs zone and Carter hustled for the tap-in.
There was another goal in that game, I believe it was Kimmo to Richie behind the net to Carter in the slot who sniped it from down on one knee. But he doesn't show up in the playoffs!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
There was another goal in that game, I believe it was Kimmo to Richie behind the net to Carter in the slot who sniped it from down on one knee. But he doesn't show up in the playoffs!
Then there was that time where Carter missed an open net that would have sent us to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. Stop acting like they can do no wrong.

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Then there was that time where Carter missed an open net that would have sent us to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. Stop acting like they can do no wrong.
You mean on the play where Campbell got his stick on Carter's, and Niemi made a great save?

Stop acting like it was all his fault.