HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Tampa Bay (Stamkos)

Old
07-04-2011, 12:19 PM
ND Irish 11

vCash: 500
not going to happen, and with this price its better that it doesn't

ND Irish 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:20 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
To Buffalo:

- Stamkos

To Tampa Bay:

- Roy
- Ennis
- Sekera
- 2 First Round Picks
- One of Enroth/McNabb/Foligno/Kassian/Pysyk (Tampa's Choice)

Scraps? Roy? Ennis? Sekera? 1st Rounders? Enroth? Please you insult yourself not looking at this deal

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:25 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
No it doesn't start with Myers. Myers is just as much of a wanted player as Stamkos. Why not just give him an offersheet at 10mil per.... see how Tampa reacts to that.

I'm not saying Roy is expendable.... the exact opposite.... I'm surpised at how Sabres fans are just willing to trade our top center away so easily because Leino is there. If they trade him in an upgrade (Malkin, Stamkos, Spezza) then great.

IMO this deal isn't too much for a team that wants to win now.
Not even remotely close.

Myers is a great young player but he's still several levels below Stamkos.

hatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Afinogretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post
If it doesn't start with Myers then it's safe to say Stamkos wouldn't be going to Buffalo.

Star players aren't available for just your team's scraps and bad contracts with a 1st rounder or two thrown in for sprinkles on top.
Scraps? Where?

Afinogretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
To Buffalo:

- Stamkos

To Toronto:

- Grabovski
- Kadri
- Gunnarsson
- 2 First Round Picks
- One of Scrivens/Blacker/Gardiner/McKegg/Biggs (Tampa's Choice)
How about that? Basically same package ... Different team

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd do Myers ....

To Tampa:
Myers/ Pomminville / Adam and 1st

To Buffalo:

Stamkos and 3rd

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:34 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
I'm way too high to give up Enroth and all that. I really think he has potential to be a top 10 goalie, will that be with the Sabres? Most likely no, but I think trading him now would be a mistake. Any of those other prospects and the deal listed, yeah i could do that.
You don't do a deal for Stamkos to hold onto Enroth?

In this era where goalie depth is at an all time high?

Ummm, yeah. There are reasons not to like the Sabres risk in that deal. But, giving up Enroth is not one of them, IMO.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:35 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I'd do Myers ....

To Tampa:
Myers/ Pomminville / Adam and 1st

To Buffalo:

Stamkos and 3rd
I think there are few Sabres fans that would deal Myers for anyone. Let alone as part of a package for anyone.

Old
07-04-2011, 12:36 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Not even remotely close.

Myers is a great young player but he's still several levels below Stamkos.
That may be.

But, Myers is pretty much untouchable from a Sabres POV.

Old
07-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
...which Tampa would insta-match.
My question if Tampa would insta-match any offer sheet than why havent they just offered Stamkos a max, or near max deal like a crosby deal?

They should jsut get him locked up rather than dealing with the awkwardness of dealing with an offersheet, and decdiding whether or not to match and all that.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:47 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
What people aren't realizing is that Stamkos can be offer-sheeted for 4 1st rounders. Why would a team trade a prized asset like Myers and others when they can offer 4 bottom 15 picks in exchange?

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:49 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
My question if Tampa would insta-match any offer sheet than why havent they just offered Stamkos a max, or near max deal like a crosby deal?

They should jsut get him locked up rather than dealing with the awkwardness of dealing with an offersheet, and decdiding whether or not to match and all that.
Because they're trying to lock him up to something not that expensive.

A Crosby like deal would be 10-10.5M a year for 5 years. Tampa doesn't want to go that high without adding significantly more years on the end of the deal.

Old
07-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Buffalo doesn't have the assets to get Stamkos.

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
Because they're trying to lock him up to something not that expensive.

A Crosby like deal would be 10-10.5M a year for 5 years. Tampa doesn't want to go that high without adding significantly more years on the end of the deal.
Isnt Sid locked up more long term than that? No way Stamkos doesn't sign a contract that doesn't lock him up for life. I assumed Tampa, or whoever made an offer would throw out a 10+ year deal at 100+ million.

Maybe 15 years 120 mill? Thats certainly realistic when it comes to age at end of contract. Only a 8.0 cap hit. I guess Stamkos is holding out for max money, or the best offer sheet someone can come up with?

Ovechkins was 13 years @ 124 for comparison. Stamkos shouldn't* get more per year that Ovie. that was a couple years ago though

Edit: youre right. Crosby only signed a 5 year extension. if anything its a perfect example why stamkos should sign a long term 100+ mill deal. If Crosby doesnt come back 100% from concussions he will have lost out on probly 80+ million in a new contract

Last edited by Selanne00008: 07-04-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old
07-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

So what is stopping teams from offer sheeting Stamkos? ... Throw out the fact that Tampa will just match blah blah blah .... Don't matter... either they do..or they don't ... Is it the honor code hoopla? .... Sabres should just do it... they were forced to match Vaneks offer sheet that put them in the hole .... So.. I say.. as a Sabre fan .. Do it. .. Move pieces to clear cap space later on.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
So what is stopping teams from offer sheeting Stamkos? ... Throw out the fact that Tampa will just match blah blah blah .... Don't matter... either they do..or they don't ... Is it the honor code hoopla? .... Sabres should just do it... they were forced to match Vaneks offer sheet that put them in the hole .... So.. I say.. as a Sabre fan .. Do it. .. Move pieces to clear cap space later on.
Im def with you on throwing an offer sheet out there. We'd have to already have trades lined up to clear the cap room. probly Boyes, Kotalik, and pominville. We could be in a tough position next year as well when we have to re up Myers.

But regardless, id say take the shot while you can. You dont getg a chance like this often.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
Put yourself in Yzerman's shoes: why kowtow when you don't necessarily have to? This may seem shocking to those who subscribe to wildly speculative reasoning that justifies Stamkos' departure, but the Lightning still hold significant leverage. The absolute last thing Yzerman should do here is panic.

Quote:
Nobody knows for certain whether an offer-sheet has or will be submitted to Stamkos' camp; we do know, however, that he has not, at present, signed one. If you think Lightning brass haven't accounted for the possibility of an offer-sheet, you're deluding yourself. An offer-sheet actually makes Yzerman's job a helluva lot easier; negotiations end and the Lightning's brass has a defined period to make a decision. To be clear, that is not to say the terms would be better than a prolonged period of negotiations would yield.

nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:08 PM
paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg View Post
...which Tampa would insta-match.
Front load it. Give Stamkos so league max for the first few years. They can't afford to pay him 12.8M when they are already paying LeCavalier 10M a year for the next 5 years.

paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:16 PM
BoltSTH

Why can't they afford to pay that? Google Vinik and you will see we have an owner that is rich ($500m + team + 3% of Red Socks) and getting richer (private Hedge Fund with $3.3b investments which he manages/controls and gets a % of the profits that are 2x to 7x that of the stock market over the last 5 years).

BoltSTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhljohnson View Post
Put yourself in Yzerman's shoes: why kowtow when you don't necessarily have to? This may seem shocking to those who subscribe to wildly speculative reasoning that justifies Stamkos' departure, but the Lightning still hold significant leverage. The absolute last thing Yzerman should do here is panic.

Nobody knows for certain whether an offer-sheet has or will be submitted to Stamkos' camp; we do know, however, that he has not, at present, signed one. If you think Lightning brass haven't accounted for the possibility of an offer-sheet, you're deluding yourself. An offer-sheet actually makes Yzerman's job a helluva lot easier; negotiations end and the Lightning's brass has a defined period to make a decision. To be clear, that is not to say the terms would be better than a prolonged period of negotiations would yield.

True about whether an offer has been submitted. I assumed that if an offer had been officially given to Stamkos we woulda found out about it somehow. But it is possible we wouldnt know until he signed it. No, ofcourse theyve considered the fact teams are interested in offer sheeting Stamkos.

I would think Stamkos has the leverage. If he doesn't want to be in tampa then he discuss contracts with interested teams and sign the most expesnive deal. If Tampa matches then they match, nothin he can do about that leverage.

I guess if anything, my point is im a bit surprised he hasn't signed an offer sheet yet, or if the case may be, that a team hasn't offered him one yet. He could be reviewing a handful of offers and thats what is taking time.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:23 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
Front load it. Give Stamkos so league max for the first few years. They can't afford to pay him 12.8M when they are already paying LeCavalier 10M a year for the next 5 years.
And you know this...how? Oh, wait, you are merely spouting off assumptions in the guise of fact? Color me shocked. SHOCKED!

nhljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:24 PM
BloFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
Buffalo doesn't have the assets to get Stamkos.
lol

We have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL.

BloFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltSTH View Post
Why can't they afford to pay that? Google Vinik and you will see we have an owner that is rich ($500m + team + 3% of Red Socks) and getting richer (private Hedge Fund with $3.3b investments which he manages/controls and gets a % of the profits that are 2x to 7x that of the stock market over the last 5 years).

---------------------

To be honest.... 500 Mill is not that much .... Not saying he couldn't afford it ... because im sure he can....... But.... to give a guy 120 Million bucks is a pretty good chunk from that 500 Mill ... And i doubt he'd want to tap into his other assets that he obviously has a plan for ... Question really isn't if he can... but.... if he would want to .... Not saying either way.... But you know these rich folk.. they can be the stingiest mf'ers around ..lol

Old
07-04-2011, 01:47 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post
lol

We have one of the deepest prospect pools in the NHL.
Buffalo has a deep prospect pool, but it doesn't have a lot of top end talent. Tampa would want either solid young NHL players or blue-chip prospects who project to be top line or top d pairing guys.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:47 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
To Buffalo:

- Stamkos

To Tampa Bay:

- Roy
- Ennis
- Sekera
- 2 First Round Picks
- One of Enroth/McNabb/Foligno/Kassian/Pysyk (Tampa's Choice)

Scraps? Roy? Ennis? Sekera? 1st Rounders? Enroth? Please you insult yourself not looking at this deal
As a neutral third party

To Buffalo

Stamkos

To Tampa

Myers
Miller
2012 1st round pick
2013 1st round pick

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote