Notices

PHX will guage interest in Yandle

Old
07-03-2011, 12:54 PM
thegodfather

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
1- Forget about Krecji or Bergeron in a package deal. These players are expensive and i doubt that what's Phoenix is looking for.

2- Phoenix will look for young players with upside + picks or prospects.

3- I can see Phoenix asking for Seguin + Hamilton + Bartowski or Seguin+Kampfer+ lower prospect.

Now, before saying things like " holy overpayment " and " this player has to much upside ", just try to see the view of the opposite side. Trades occur when both side can fill a need. It's too easy to ask for quality and gave garbage in return. These kind of deal doesn't happen in real life...

I won't say "holy overpayment" but I will say you have to many +++ to make me understand this.

If Boston was serious about Yandle and would now offer up Hamilton they would of traded the pick in my eyes. To many bad messages would be sent to draftee's if Boston was to draft a player only to trade him shortly after.

If Sequin can come into his own at center then I can see Krejci becoming expandable. He will command more money then Bergeron.

Sorry Latrappe, missed the "or" in your post.

thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:58 PM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I won't say "holy overpayment" but I will say you have to many +++ to make me understand this.

If Boston was serious about Yandle and would now offer up Hamilton they would of traded the pick in my eyes. To many bad messages would be sent to draftee's if Boston was to draft a player only to trade him shortly after.

If Sequin can come into his own at center then I can see Krejci becoming expandable. He will command more money then Bergeron.

Thats a good post and pretty spot on.

I don't think Yandle is worth it.

If Phoenix gets desperate and he won't sign than we will be offering something involving a couple of first rounders, a D man, and prospects. They can probably get a better deal elsewhere given where our picks project.

Krejci for Yandle I don't think we do, and Rask for Yandle I don't think we do either. Looking from the other side those two deals are fair but I pass every single time. Yandle doesn't hit and is nothing amazing in his own zone. Furthermore if he wasn't from Boston I would give the chances of the fans turning on him ala Kaberle at 50-50 or more.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:10 PM
RunFromTheBear

I still rather just offer him 10/$40M heavily front loaded and give up the four first rounders. Keep Seguin, Rask, etc.

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post

Sorry Latrappe, missed the "or" in your post.
I must stress that it's not a trade proposal from my part. I assume that's the kind of package Phoenix would ask if you're considering A- Their financial situation, B- The need to replace Yandle at some point and C- Grabbing a prospects who will help them in the future. I understand what you're saying about the message sent but these kind of trades doesn't happend all the time and i'm sure that when a drafted player is traded for an esthablished player, he understand that the team who acquire him see some value in him. Not sure that the message would be that " harmful ".

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Bruins fans --Pheonix doesn't care about Seguin just because he was a 2nd overall pick... Turris was a 3rd overall pick and they have had other high picks stall out too. They want young, proven production.
Young proven production at what price? If they listen offer for Yandle, it's because they can't pay him, why these guys would take Krecji ( who will command 4.5-5 per next year ) or Bergeron at 5 per?. Marchand? he had a heck of a year but i don't think we talk about a young " proven production " until he repeat the whole thing to " confirm " his good results. Your definition of young proven ( and cheap ? ) production is very restrictive. Not sure how many teams in this league can match that criteria...

Old
07-03-2011, 01:16 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Bruins fans --Pheonix doesn't care about Seguin just because he was a 2nd overall pick... Turris was a 3rd overall pick and they have had other high picks stall out too. They want young, proven production.
Which is why a package around Rask makes the most sense.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Clownarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
Any discussion for Seguin starts with Yandle and a first then you add...

Boston will not trade Seguin. His potential is to high.
That's more like it

Clownarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:27 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Young proven production at what price? If they listen offer for Yandle, it's because they can't pay him, why these guys would take Krecji ( who will command 4.5-5 per next year ) or Bergeron at 5 per?. Marchand? he had a heck of a year but i don't think we talk about a young " proven production " until he repeat the whole thing to " confirm " his good results. Your definition of young proven ( and cheap ? ) production is very restrictive. Not sure how many teams in this league can match that criteria...
Sorry, you're wrong about why they'd consider trading Yandle. They can afford to pay him. They could easily give him a long term deal for 5M. Maybe even 6M.

The Coyotes' issue is that players are reluctant to sign long term with them because of the uncertainty surrounding the team.

Money is not an unlimited resource for the Coyotes, but their biggest problem, by far, is finding players that will sign with them, not finding the money to sign them.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Sorry, you're wrong about why they'd consider trading Yandle. They can afford to pay him. They could easily give him a long term deal for 5M. Maybe even 6M.

The Coyotes' issue is that players are reluctant to sign long term with them because of the uncertainty surrounding the team.

Money is not an unlimited resource for the Coyotes, but their biggest problem, by far, is finding players that will sign with them, not finding the money to sign them.
Who's the owner of the team, right now? The last time i checked, the guy who wanted to buy the team withdrew his offer. Phoenix doesn't have the financial flexibility to sign a 5-6 per deal unless the NHL approve that deal. Considering how it's difficult to get a deal done ( especially with the legal issues surrounding the team ) lately, i'm not sure that the NHL want to invest money without having the guaranty that they will recoup that money...

Old
07-03-2011, 01:53 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Who's the owner of the team, right now? The last time i checked, the guy who wanted to buy the team withdrew his offer. Phoenix doesn't have the financial flexibility to sign a 5-6 per deal unless the NHL approve that deal. Considering how it's difficult to get a deal done ( especially with the legal issues surrounding the team ) lately, i'm not sure that the NHL want to invest money without having the guaranty that they will recoup that money...
Enh, I think you're misreading the Phoenix situation. The reality is their payroll has consistently been higher than several other teams. The NHL has actually given them decent resources and they are not the 'poorest' team in the league. As long as their are within their budget, they do not have to clear anything with the league. I mean, Maloney just handed Vrbata a 3 year 9M deal.

Maloney has two goals. The first to minimize losses. Basically he tries to ice the best lineup he can for the money he has. The second is to maximize the sale value of the team. This means that he is not allowed to part with any marketable players unless he's getting a similarly marketable player in return.

In a lot of ways the Coyotes are the complete opposite of a rebuilding team. They cannot afford to acquire any picks/prospects unless they will contribute immediately. Right now the Coyotes are much more similar to a team desperate to make the playoffs.

Obvious there's some limitations to what Maloney can do, but as long as he's living within his means and not giving long term contracts to old players, he's fine. He has said a few times over the years that his biggest issue is finding players that will take his money. Most players in Phoenix are just sick of living with the stress and are unwilling to resign without a buyer in place.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Makes zero sense to win a cup w/ a core, including youngsters like Marchand and Seguin, then start playing whack a mole. We just don't have the talent to spare, especially after losing Ryder's post season production. I love DK and Bergeron, LOVE them. Neither can carry the team alone. We need Seguin now and in the future.

After watching goaltending take a team w/ limited talent up front, add zero PP, to a championship (when does that even happen?). And, watching a myriad of other teams struggle and fail to find solid goaltending in the playoffs, I don't touch Tuukka Rask. Especially w/ TT's age.

I offer Hamilton, picks, one of Boychuk or Kampfer, what ever prospects they want. More than we received for Thornton, more guarantees than we were given when dealing Kessel. If someone betters that offering, so be it. And I want Yandle bad, but not bad enough to cripple the team now, and in the future. We've just proven beyond any shadow of doubt we can already compete w/o this guy. Overpay to get him, which is what they're looking for, and we go backwards not forwards.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:06 PM
nycbruins*

I think if it gets in candle's ear that bruins are interested it would be hard for phoenix to sign him long term. Is he not arbitration eligible? Seems like a prime candidate for that

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Phoenix fan here (yes, another one).

Yandle would have been 3rd in scoring on the Bruins last season playing on a vastly inferior team. He has improved by leaps and bounds two years in a row. He is only going to get better. He is a proven #1 dman.

I think any discussion with Boston starts with Sequin. Then you add.

He's not a proven #1 defenseman. He's neither of those things, actually.

He's had ONE outstanding season (unproven) and he doesn't kill penalties (not a #1 defenseman).

I'd say cool your jets... You very well could have a superstar on your team. But he's not quite there yet. He repeats and rounds out his game a little bit? I'll give it to ya.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Phoenix fan here (yes, another one).

Yandle would have been 3rd in scoring on the Bruins last season playing on a vastly inferior team. He has improved by leaps and bounds two years in a row. He is only going to get better. He is a proven #1 dman.

I think any discussion with Boston starts with Sequin. Then you add.
Not really sure how Sequin would help your team. I guess if you wanted to make new uniforms out of it.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 08:49 PM
sBarry

The price for Yandle is obviously going to be a lot for the B's costing players and money. Why don't we just make a deal with a team that has a surplus of young pmd's that we could take a chance on. Right up the highway in Manchester, the Kings have a logjam of sorts in their D prospects and trying to get them on the roster, they have several possible players that could be a possible upgrade to kampfer at the least. ( nothing against him, just making a pitch ) But they have Slava Voynov, who may be threatening to leave them for Russia, he could add some offense to our blue line, maybe at a low cost to us. They also have Thomas Hickey, who was a high draft pick that is losing ground on their depth chart, who we could buy low on and maybe turn him around. They actually have a few others too like David kolomatis and Alec Martinez. Amart would prob be most expensive, but those are just a couple guys we could take a flyer on and maybe they could contribute.

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Beesfan

If I were Phoenix, the only way I would trade Yandle is for a package that gave them the chance at a complete rebuild. From Boston, I'd say that would be:

Caron
Spooner
Sauve
Cross

For

Yandle + 2nd in 2012

Then again, as a Boston fan, I'm not clamoring for Yandle that bad.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
If I were Phoenix, the only way I would trade Yandle is for a package that gave them the chance at a complete rebuild. From Boston, I'd say that would be:

Caron
Spooner
Sauve
Cross

For

Yandle + 2nd in 2012

Then again, as a Boston fan, I'm not clamoring for Yandle that bad.
Yeah, ummm...DONE!

Tell them I'll honk out front when I pick them up to take them to the airport.

I wish.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

What is this infatuation with Tommy Cross? I'm not prepared to say the dude's a bad prospect, but he's starting to sound like a Tommy Hottovy -- some hack writer's personal love child who winds up being overrated by a handful of fans as a result.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:19 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
What is this infatuation with Tommy Cross? I'm not prepared to say the dude's a bad prospect, but he's starting to sound like a Tommy Hottovy -- some hack writer's personal love child who winds up being overrated by a handful of fans as a result.
non sense

go watch him play

KnightofBoston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Jdawg*
I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

Cross is good dude.

Jdawg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:15 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Infautuation with Cross? he is probably somewhere between the 7th and 14th best prospect in the Bruins system, and I haven't seen anyone suggest other wise.

He is an NHL size defenseman with good mobility, solid defensive zone play, decent offensive skills, and very high character.

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
Infautuation with Cross? he is probably somewhere between the 7th and 14th best prospect in the Bruins system, and I haven't seen anyone suggest other wise.

He is an NHL size defenseman with good mobility, solid defensive zone play, decent offensive skills, and very high character.
I know he had a lot of knee problems and surgeries early on. How healthy has he been of late?

Random Bruins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
non sense

go watch him play
second that. Go to dev camp and then watch a BC game. Cross is a good player and to top it off, he's got leadership qualities that the B's are very high on.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 01:52 PM
BamBamCam

I think something like:

Marchand/Peverly, Boychuck, and a 1st might work if the Yotes
are having trouble signing Yandle

BamBamCam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:01 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
I know he had a lot of knee problems and surgeries early on. How healthy has he been of late?
He had a couple of minor injuries the last couple of years. One came on a complete cheap shot. Both times he missed about 3 weeks I think. I know last year he probably could have played quicker but they were very cautious with him

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote