What's going on down there(4-1 Stars)

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 07:01 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

vCash: 500
What's going on down there(4-1 Stars)

Yeah, everyone seems to be hitting, but Giggy, Neids, and Lupul are the only ones doing the work.... Where is everyone? Are they tired?

Old
10-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Slow start, as usual. Ducks haven't won too many season openers. Only two I believe. If they play like they did at the end, they'll beat Nashville.

Old
10-09-2003, 06:42 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Slow start, as usual. Ducks haven't won too many season openers. Only two I believe. If they play like they did at the end, they'll beat Nashville.
I should hope they'd beat Nashville. They're the fricken Western Conference champs, yet they looked like a misplaced beer league team out there against Dallas. Clearly overmatched. They better shape up and play better in front of "Jiggy"... although he didn't play that well either. 2 goals on the first 3 shots against? Those aren't elite goalie numbers.

Old
10-16-2003, 10:20 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
I should hope they'd beat Nashville. They're the fricken Western Conference champs, yet they looked like a misplaced beer league team out there against Dallas. Clearly overmatched. They better shape up and play better in front of "Jiggy"... although he didn't play that well either. 2 goals on the first 3 shots against? Those aren't elite goalie numbers.
looks like Feds and Prospal is really working out for ya, 0-3 nice!!!

Old
10-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Coward.

Remeber when Kings fans were hiding under their rocks or under their camaros, when they sucked last season? No spine to them.

They're bandwagon trolls, if you can believe it. What a low class of people.

Old
10-16-2003, 04:57 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
Coward.

Remeber when Kings fans were hiding under their rocks or under their camaros, when they sucked last season? No spine to them.

Dead on. I can't wait till the Ducks start winning again and Chokemanek leads the Kings out of a playoff spot. I wonder what they'll say then.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:43 AM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
Dead on. I can't wait till the Ducks start winning again and Chokemanek leads the Kings out of a playoff spot. I wonder what they'll say then.
They'll say something like this..
"You guys suck"
Playoff's
"You guys are going to loose again to Detroit" (we win it..)
"You guys are going to loose to Colorado" (we win it..)
"ummm.. You Suck.." :p

Old
10-17-2003, 06:24 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Coward.

now im not sure i get this, your saying we are Kings fans , and that our team sucked last season..but then you call us bandwagon trolls...which bandwagon did we jump on????
Oh ya and i agree our team did suck last season..its really hard to be a good team when your riddled with so many injuries...but anyhow...preach about your Ducks all you want but its falling on deaf ears....maybe you should go talk to Emilio

Old
10-18-2003, 09:00 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Coward.

sheesh... and i was hoping the ducks to do well this season, and even prepared to slightly root for them. just to show Paulie he was a knob for thoroughly boning his team the way he did... talk about classless.

i still think the fedorov signing was a good one (albeit too expensive... the duckies pushed the panic button on that one). but the prospal deal was a mistake (he curiously had his best year at such an opportune time). a good player but, it only really benefited prospal. not bringing back oates and stumpy were major mistakes as well.

the ducks had a number of players overacheive last year, and i feel Giggy was one of them (i'm still not quite sold on him yet). don't get me wrong... i think he's good... but it's really premature to call him great (see:Jim Carey).

could the same be said for the kings in 93'? sure... but take into account luc scored 63 goals that year, granato had 37 goals, and kurri had 87 pts. gretz and sandstrom only played the second half of the season, and we traded one of the leading scorers on the team midway through (Carson). we just unfortunately ran into a couple of walls named roy and leclair.

did we suck last season? no... was it insanely frustrating to watch you guys in the post season? you have no idea. but we hung in there. and almost pulled a playoffs out our ***** with a predominately AHL team and Ziggy. it was a bad year sure... but more of an abomination than anything else. we're still injured and off to a great start... you guys are healthy and are looking horrible. i can even overlook starting off 0-4. it happens... but two goals???? and both by your third line center? t isn't a matter of whether or not they'll trun it around, but moreover when? they aren't colorado or new jersey who'll nip and nip, then turn it up a notch once the playoff odor wafts their way. the experience is simply not there yet. these early games are vital for the 6-8 seeds our respective teams are. the dodgers used to pull that "well it's early" baloney... we're used to it!

all this said... your comments have just given me voodoo reason... hex on the quax! double billy goat bambino curse even.

-i'm tired now!

Old
10-18-2003, 10:04 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat
sheesh... and i was hoping the ducks to do well this season, and even prepared to slightly root for them. just to show Paulie he was a knob for thoroughly boning his team the way he did... talk about classless.

i still think the fedorov signing was a good one (albeit too expensive... the duckies pushed the panic button on that one). but the prospal deal was a mistake (he curiously had his best year at such an opportune time). a good player but, it only really benefited prospal. not bringing back oates and stumpy were major mistakes as well.

the ducks had a number of players overacheive last year, and i feel Giggy was one of them (i'm still not quite sold on him yet). don't get me wrong... i think he's good... but it's really premature to call him great (see:Jim Carey).

could the same be said for the kings in 93'? sure... but take into account luc scored 63 goals that year, granato had 37 goals, and kurri had 87 pts. gretz and sandstrom only played the second half of the season, and we traded one of the leading scorers on the team midway through (Carson). we just unfortunately ran into a couple of walls named roy and leclair.

did we suck last season? no... was it insanely frustrating to watch you guys in the post season? you have no idea. but we hung in there. and almost pulled a playoffs out our ***** with a predominately AHL team and Ziggy. it was a bad year sure... but more of an abomination than anything else. we're still injured and off to a great start... you guys are healthy and are looking horrible. i can even overlook starting off 0-4. it happens... but two goals???? and both by your third line center? t isn't a matter of whether or not they'll trun it around, but moreover when? they aren't colorado or new jersey who'll nip and nip, then turn it up a notch once the playoff odor wafts their way. the experience is simply not there yet. these early games are vital for the 6-8 seeds our respective teams are. the dodgers used to pull that "well it's early" baloney... we're used to it!

all this said... your comments have just given me voodoo reason... hex on the quax! double billy goat bambino curse even.

-i'm tired now!

well put!!!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat
i can even overlook starting off 0-4. it happens... but two goals???? and both by your third line center?
Niedermayer is the second line right wing.

You're brand new here, and you don't really have a clue as to what we've had to deal with from your ubertroll pals on the Kings board.

I'm well aware of the current standings and what they mean to the children on the Kings board. Has the irony of excusing your previous season as a result of injuries, while your hot start has happened with those same key players out (and more) struck you yet?

Old
10-18-2003, 01:25 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
now im not sure i get this, your saying we are Kings fans , and that our team sucked last season..but then you call us bandwagon trolls...which bandwagon did we jump on????
I think it's the 3-1 bandwagon. Listening to Kings fans, you'd think they just won the Stanley Cup.

Old
10-18-2003, 01:30 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Niedermayer is the second line right wing.

You're brand new here, and you don't really have a clue as to what we've had to deal with from your ubertroll pals on the Kings board.

I'm well aware of the current standings and what they mean to the children on the Kings board. Has the irony of excusing your previous season as a result of injuries, while your hot start has happened with those same key players out (and more) struck you yet?

hmmm plus Stumple, Luc, Klatt and Cechmanek, Is the fact that they are on the team struck you yet???????
you should change your name to Chock Full of *****

Old
10-18-2003, 01:41 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
hmmm plus Stumple, Luc, Klatt and Cechmanek, Is the fact that they are on the team struck you yet???????
We already know Queen's fans don't like the Ducks..and viceversa...so why don't u guys just quit wasting your time posting pointless messages over here and stick to posting on your own stupid Queen's message board...thank you.

Old
10-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
lol

These are the additions that made the difference? Stumpel replaces Smolinski, Klatt-Johnson, Cechmanek is about as reliable as Potvin, if more talented. The only addition of any consequence is Robitaille.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:27 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
lol

These are the additions that made the difference? Stumpel replaces Smolinski, Klatt-Johnson, Cechmanek is about as reliable as Potvin, if more talented. The only addition of any consequence is Robitaille.

Stumpel>>>Smolinski
Klatt>>>Johnson
Cechmanek>>>Potvin
Robitaille>>>Heinze

if you dont think that replacing 4 key players with better ones is of any consequence then you are definatley watching the wrong sport!

Closed Thread