HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Do you think there is another significant move in the works?

Old
07-04-2011, 03:42 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

vCash: 500
Do you think there is another significant move in the works?

I know there are threads about the reporter from CSN leaking a possible trade already, but those are currently filled with idiots arguing over whos teams have better players to trade for Stamkos. With that said I was just wondering what some peoples thoughts were on the current situation, and what proposals people could come up with.

As it stands with Lappy on LTIR we have nearly 5 mil in cap space and Wayne Simmonds has still been left unsigned. If you were to take Schenn off of our roster (2way contract) we now have about 8 mil to work with. Do you think an offer sheet for one of the avail RFA's is a possibility? Or do you think it might be something where we trade for their rights?

Stamkos
Parise (arbitration no offer sheets)
Weber (arbitration no offer sheets)
Bogosian
Doughty
Schenn
Yandle

Post your thoughts. I can't see us trading with NJ as I think Lamorillo has traded with us only once before.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM
o Hamhuis 2 x

We could offer sheet Bogosian and possibly Yandle. They others would need to be trades

o Hamhuis 2 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:50 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
We could offer sheet Bogosian and possibly Yandle. They others would need to be trades
We could technically offer sheet anyone but Parise and Weber if we wanted to, its just a matter of it being matched by the opposition. With Schenn off the Roster we have 7.55 mil, which I think TB would def match.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Hollywood Couturier

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:59 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

In the case of Stamkos do you think Carle, Bob, Akeson (or wellwood) and 2 1sts would be enough of a package?

Lets just theoretically say that was the deal and Stamkos signs for say 7.5 mil per (again theoretical) Shelley is buried in the minors, we grab Turco off the FA list and Simmonds signs for 1.5. This is what the team now looks like.

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.300m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.250m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.800m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Andreas Nodl ($0.845m)
Tom Sestito ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.737m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Marty Turco ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,868,095; BONUSES: $2,965,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $431,905

Not much space with only a 21 man roster.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
In the case of Stamkos do you think Carle, Bob, Akeson (or wellwood) and 2 1sts would be enough of a package?

Lets just theoretically say that was the deal and Stamkos signs for say 7.5 mil per (again theoretical) Shelley is buried in the minors, we grab Turco off the FA list and Simmonds signs for 1.5. This is what the team now looks like.

FORWARDS
James Van Riemsdyk ($1.654m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.300m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.500m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Jakub Voracek ($2.250m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.800m) / Blair Betts ($0.700m) / Andreas Nodl ($0.845m)
Tom Sestito ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Braydon Coburn ($3.200m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.737m) / Oskars Bartulis ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Marty Turco ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,868,095; BONUSES: $2,965,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $431,905

Not much space with only a 21 man roster.
I think we have to include Schenn in any deal for Stamkos . Some people don't won't to include him but i don't think there is any other possible way to get him. Maybe we could trade for Bogo, they already have 7 dman i believe with the signing of Randy Jones without Bogo under contract

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:19 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I think we have to include Schenn in any deal for Stamkos . Some people don't won't to include him but i don't think there is any other possible way to get him. Maybe we could trade for Bogo, they already have 7 dman i believe with the signing of Randy Jones without Bogo under contract
Very logical, I was trying to put together a package that didnt include Schenn. If we are going defender Bogo and Yandle would be the easiest to obtain, I imagine we would still be moving the likes of Carle if the acquisition of one of them would occur. With Waddel out of the picture in ATL Im not sure we could **** them in another trade lol. If we get another defender I would say we should pick up Miettinen to fill in the last spot on the LW. I would love to land Parise somehow, maybe a 3 way deal of some sort.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

I'd love it if we could offer sheet Yandle or Doughty, we really need a young dman who can put up some points. But I don't think anything significant will happen to our roster this off season again.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:33 PM
decadentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
I'd love it if we could offer sheet Yandle or Doughty, we really need a young dman who can put up some points. But I don't think anything significant will happen to our roster this off season again.
Haha I know you meant here on out but...the way you worded that, seems to neglect the ejection of Richards/Carter.

I honestly think we're done.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:53 PM
WeekendAtBernies

No offer sheets for Bogo or Yandle are in the works... that much i can tell you.

We dont have the necessary draft picks to dole out for any offer sheet that has a cap hit of under 7.8 million, so we'd have to make Yandle or Bogo the highest paid defenseman in the NHL.

No thanks. They're both good, but they're not even close to 7 million good... Let alone 7.8 million.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 840
I think the fact Simmonds has yet to sign is the clearest signal there is something else in the works. It shouldn't be too difficult to sign him if they wanted to.

Mkoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:54 PM
lancer247

I liked to see Arnott signed but I have a feeling it will be Langenbruner if anything.

I am fine seeing what some of the young guys can do and keeping the capspace.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:57 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I think there will be a minor signing or trade, but I am not anticipating getting a big name RFA, though I would like to see Bogo or Yandle added to this D.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think there will be a minor signing or trade, but I am not anticipating getting a big name RFA, though I would like to see Bogo or Yandle added to this D.
At 7.8 million cap hit and 4 1st round picks? Cause that's the only way we're getting either, and a that price, its a big no thanks.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:05 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
I know there are threads about the reporter from CSN leaking a possible trade already, but those are currently filled with idiots arguing over whos teams have better players to trade for Stamkos. With that said I was just wondering what some peoples thoughts were on the current situation, and what proposals people could come up with.

As it stands with Lappy on LTIR we have nearly 5 mil in cap space and Wayne Simmonds has still been left unsigned. If you were to take Schenn off of our roster (2way contract) we now have about 8 mil to work with. Do you think an offer sheet for one of the avail RFA's is a possibility? Or do you think it might be something where we trade for their rights?

Stamkos
Parise (arbitration no offer sheets)
Weber (arbitration no offer sheets)
Bogosian
Doughty
Schenn
Yandle

Post your thoughts. I can't see us trading with NJ as I think Lamorillo has traded with us only once before.
We can't offer sheet anyone unless we are offering over 7.8 per season. The only person I'm willing to do that for is Stamkos. W don't have our own picks for compensation unless it's four firsts

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Haha I know you meant here on out but...the way you worded that, seems to neglect the ejection of Richards/Carter.

I honestly think we're done.
lol, yea I meant from this point onward nothing else will change.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Snipsnap12

The prolonging of simmonds signing, the jettison of versteeg, and the apparent extension then no extension for coburn leads me to believe that something is going to happen. Also homer said he wasnt done, and something could come up, and havent some media members seen a trade proposal written up.

I have a gut feeling they are going for stamkos.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:23 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
The prolonging of simmonds signing, the jettison of versteeg, and the apparent extension then no extension for coburn leads me to believe that something is going to happen. Also homer said he wasnt done, and something could come up, and havent some media members seen a trade proposal written up.

I have a gut feeling they are going for stamkos.
This not an offersheet but a trade.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:25 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
At 7.8 million cap hit and 4 1st round picks? Cause that's the only way we're getting either, and a that price, its a big no thanks.
Not necessarily. We could trade for their rights or trade a player to make an offer sheet that works.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:31 PM
MillerTime2181

There has to be another move, right? I mean, with all the speculation and as was said before holding off on signing Simmonds. Perhaps they are waiting till after the 4th of July with it being a major holiday and all. Maybe things league-wide will pick back up tomorrow. I just can't believe they are done. They've made significant changes, but I still think they are another move from having the team set the way they want it.

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
There has to be another move, right? I mean, with all the speculation and as was said before holding off on signing Simmonds. Perhaps they are waiting till after the 4th of July with it being a major holiday and all. Maybe things league-wide will pick back up tomorrow. I just can't believe they are done. They've made significant changes, but I still think they are another move from having the team set the way they want it.
I think they want another "star" forward, they are going to push for stamkos imo

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:38 PM
VanSciver

Quote:
We could technically offer sheet anyone but Parise and Weber if we wanted to, its just a matter of it being matched by the opposition. With Schenn off the Roster we have 7.55 mil, which I think TB would def match.
Keep in mind the off season accounting rules for the salary cap for players on two way contracts. Players signed to two way contracts must be accounted for in proportion to the number of days they spent on an nhl roster the previous season. So Schenn spent 57 days on the Kings roster, at a cap cost of 926K. So that is what is applies to the Flyers Off Season Cap for Schenn currently. They can't completely remove him from the cap now. Not until training Camp.

Quote:

Why would TB want Wellwood or Akeson? Turco is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
I think the fact Simmonds has yet to sign is the clearest signal there is something else in the works. It shouldn't be too difficult to sign him if they wanted to.
Not really. It's not unusual for RFA's to go unsigned after July 1. It's just the way negotiations work. Nothing to read too much into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Not necessarily. We could trade for their rights or trade a player to make an offer sheet that works.
Trade a player would have nothing to do with it other than Cap space. You have to have the correct draft picks to offer as compensation.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Bryz4shiz

I'd love any of those guys except for Bogosian

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
duffy9748

I think we wait until mid season to evaluate the roster and then go from there. Let's see how schenn develops before we think of trading him. If Homer decides we need that big center for a run at the cup, than make a deal. We have the assets to land a legitimate star forward. A package could include any combination of Schenn/couturier/bob/ and the bundle of picks we now have. I think we will be legitimate contenders by the time the playoffs roll around. Snider nor Homer have the patience to wait, especially with some key players getting older. Whether we are contenders now, or post trade deadline remains to be seen.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:47 PM
MillerTime2181

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
I'd love any of those guys except for Bogosian
Bogosian to me seems a boom or bust type. Depending on what it costs to get him it'd be intriguing to see how he could develop with the counsel of Pronger and Timmonen. He's young, definitely has skill/talent, but maybe needs guidance. If he came for the right price it could be huge down the road (i.e. a young replacement for the aforementioned Pronger and or Timmonen).

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote