HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The OFFICIAL Rumors From Non-Credible Sources thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2011, 02:34 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Ahem... http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=826246

Back on topic, geezers

Old
07-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Warrior View Post
I would even Add a first round pick in there for Semin with Kostitsyn and a second.
I would actually prefer AKost over Semin. I do not like Semin and think he should be avoided.

Last edited by Mike8: 07-04-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old
07-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
Didn't you use to have thousands of posts ?
Twenty one thousand, I believe.

Long story short, my original account was purged (by request of yours truly), I came back as Le Ti Bill then renamed that account to my true name.

Haven't been posting much though.

Anywho, back on topic...I was thinking that it may not be out of the realm of possibility that El Cloun, DT and whomever may just be fabrications of Vestiaire.ca to attract hits.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
have respect for the elders, young man!
likely older than he is

Old
07-04-2011, 03:11 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Twenty one thousand, I believe.

Long story short, my original account was purged (by request of yours truly), I came back as Le Ti Bill then renamed that account to my true name.

Haven't been posting much though.
Hi Lord,

Where are your manors?

Old
07-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Mike8

While it is nice to have Chezz back and all, let's focus on the important topic of non-credible rumours folks.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:16 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
While it is nice to have Chezz back and all, let's focus on the important topic of non-credible rumours folks.
Once again, a mod who misinforms.

Folks do not consider these non-credible rumours. They BELIEVE that they are the MOST interesting and discussable rumours.........from non-credible sources.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
sandman08

I dunno why *************** isnt considered credible.. the man is incarcerated! those fine folks never lie! ever!

Old
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Fozz

Quote:

Anywho, back on topic...I was thinking that it may not be out of the realm of possibility that El Cloun, DT and whomever may just be fabrications of Vestiaire.ca to attract hits.
Of course they are and anyone who remotely believes the opposite is a real fool.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:
I was thinking that it may not be out of the realm of possibility that El Cloun, DT and whomever may just be fabrications of Vestiaire.ca to attract hits.
What?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old
07-04-2011, 04:28 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
eh heh heh heh heh

waffledave
Old
07-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Garo

Quote:
Nah, they mostly founded the site when they had a big disagreement with chfans. (Which makes them ok in my book)

Old
07-04-2011, 04:39 PM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Nah, they mostly founded the site when they had a big disagreement with chfans. (Which makes them ok in my book)
I guess Vestiaire pays them better than CHFans.

It's okay to be greedy.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
El Cloun (and DT) precedes Vestiaire.ca. Before, he was on another hockey site, I can't remember its name... I only remember than its owner (named Bigras?) came here a few years ago and started a memorable thread about how habs management had the wrong centennial year - I'm sure the regulars remember. Fun times.

Anyway, about El Cloun... it's always possible for anything to be a huge hoax, but having followed him sparingly for the last two years now, I honestly don't believe this is the case. He brings up way too many details that end up being right. Also, it's something to troll for a few days or a few months and make up stuff, but it's something entirely different to do it for years without contradicting yourself, "jumping the shark", or simply getting caught.

And also, remember than in the grand scheme of things, the existence of internal sources who know hints of what is happening, which players interest management, or other random bits of habs trivia, isn't especially surprising. A lot of people must be involved with the habs daily operations one way or another, and on a purely statistical basis, one (or three) of them are bound to talk to their friends a little too much. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be skeptical about what we read from random strangers on the internet, but it's something else to systematically disbelieve everything, and acting like the very existence of privileged source is impossible.

Old
07-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
El Cloun (and DT) precedes Vestiaire.ca. Before, he was on another hockey site, I can't remember its name... I only remember than its owner (named Bigras?) came here a few years ago and started a memorable thread about how habs management had the wrong centennial year - I'm sure the regulars remember. Fun times.

Anyway, about El Cloun... it's always possible for anything to be a huge hoax, but having followed him sparingly for the last two years now, I honestly don't believe this is the case. He brings up way too many details that end up being right. Also, it's something to troll for a few days or a few months and make up stuff, but it's something entirely different to do it for years without contradicting yourself, "jumping the shark", or simply getting caught.

And also, remember than in the grand scheme of things, the existence of internal sources who know hints of what is happening, which players interest management, or other random bits of habs trivia, isn't especially surprising. A lot of people must be involved with the habs daily operations one way or another, and on a purely statistical basis, one (or three) of them are bound to talk to their friends a little too much. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be skeptical about what we read from random strangers on the internet, but it's something else to systematically disbelieve everything, and acting like the very existence of privileged source is impossible.
was that 99 months ago, or 101 months ago?

I can't remember, maybe DB can....

Old
07-04-2011, 06:04 PM
XperHFB

If Tampa is not capable of signing their superstar, Stamkos could end up either in one of these places...ANA, BOS, LAK, TOR, NYR and maybe MTL because these teams could afford to sign him.

Would you think the reaosn MTL has not yet to sign other players could be because their in the race for Stamkos?

I would love to beleive that. And I wonder why theres no rumours about it yet ?!!?

Old
07-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperHFB View Post
If Tampa is not capable of signing their superstar, Stamkos could end up either in one of these places...ANA, BOS, LAK, TOR, NYR and maybe MTL because these teams could afford to sign him.

Would you think the reaosn MTL has not yet to sign other players could be because their in the race for Stamkos?

I would love to beleive that. And I wonder why theres no rumours about it yet ?!!?
It a nice theory, but the only unsigned players (White & Gorges) are not going to really influence our payroll so it has zero impact on us getting Stamkos.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:17 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

Nah no way.

Frankly I don't see Stamkos going anywhere, he is the future of that franchise and they'd be setting themselves back 5+ years if they let him go. St-Louis and Lecavalier are not getting any younger.

If money is a true concern, they'll find a suitor for Vinny's contract. Which I'm sure there would be.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Drive425

Any chance Andrew Ladd becomes available in Winnipeg? If he goes to arbitration(which it looks as if he will) and the Jets are unhappy/unwilling to meet his arbitration salary, they will lose him for nothing. Maybe, PG can get in there and make a deal??

I personally think Ladd is a hell of a player. Seems like a stand up guy that is good in the room. I think he'd fit well with the Habs. Thoughts??

Old
07-04-2011, 06:31 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Any chance Andrew Ladd becomes available in Winnipeg? If he goes to arbitration(which it looks as if he will) and the Jets are unhappy/unwilling to meet his arbitration salary, they will lose him for nothing. Maybe, PG can get in there and make a deal??

I personally think Ladd is a hell of a player. Seems like a stand up guy that is good in the room. I think he'd fit well with the Habs. Thoughts??
Weird.

I was just going to post the EXACT same thing...

Old
07-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post

The name of the site was chfans.ca and later on was changed to tricolore.ca

I've also been following this El Cloun guy since those times. He seems pretty legit in his descriptions of whats going on within the Habs organization. Not everything that discussed comes to fruition, but some stuff has. Either way, it's interesting to read.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

Your crystal ball is greasy. There is no question that any offer sheet for Stamkos will be matched. The first rounders the Bolts would get as compensation wouldn't put the team in the playoffs for years to come. Because of his age Stamkos is more valuable than Lecavalier or St. Louis.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Weird.

I was just going to post the EXACT same thing...
You know what they say about great minds right?

Old
07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
It a nice theory, but the only unsigned players (White & Gorges) are not going to really influence our payroll so it has zero impact on us getting Stamkos.
Uhh yes they would. After signing them both we will have a little less than $4m prolly.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:58 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post

Ladd would be awesome in MTL, however Winnipeg need more offence then Defence right now so they probably wont trade away their best offensive player.

Bogosian seem to be the odd man out right now and Mtl could try to get him...

Closed Thread