HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's ****ing Pumped for Next Season?

Old
07-04-2011, 04:24 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I have been pumped since...what time did Strickland tweet that Richards chose the Rangers?
About 10:50 AM.

07-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

vCash: 500
Yea, im not gonna lie, i havent been this pumped for the season to start since the offseason we got Drury and Gomez (MASSIVE )

We finally got the missing piece, our #1 center and our PP QB. The kids keep improving and Lundqvist is still in his prime.

This season can't start soon enough!

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Hensch

I'm pumped, that's an understatement!! I successfully converted my girl friend who was a canucks fan to a rangers, fan... great success... going to see the Rangers play the Canucks in Vancouver October 18th!! :sta nley:

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Definitely think this team can be a 4-6 seed and see the 2nd round of the playoffs. We have the pieces let's hope they work well together.

Anyone else feel a big season from Lundqvist coming up? Little less pressure to carry the team and a little more help on offense? Let's get the King the Vezina he deserves.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Muh
Beadle

Can't wait for the season to begin. I don't have many close hockey friends (the select few are Devil and Sabre fans), but my other friends are definetly getting annoyed by me talking hockey on them all day long.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:22 PM
McMonster

just setting yourselves up for disappointment..

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Machinehead
Siez and toffnuss!

Yeah it's kinda cool. My first thoughts when I work up today.

1)Holy **** we have a #1 center

2)Where's my coffee?

3)That damn dog better get outta my trash.

Richards popped up even before the coffee, now that's impressive.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Machinehead
Siez and toffnuss!

As excited as I am, I am still trying my best to not be shocked if something goes wrong. I have very high hopes for Richards. I had very high expectations for Drury, Gomez, and Redden. Big difference.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:33 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Im extremely excited.

I am so happy with the direction of this club. From NHL roster down to the prospects.

Exciting time to be a Rangers fan.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmingerisUnderated View Post
This is how I feel about the upcoming season...... (Lots of pictures)
And you call yourself excited... Pathetic.

I feel like this...... : pickle: LETS ****ING GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Flyers fans look like this:

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:11 PM
WPGNYRFan

Living in Winnipeg, you can't imagine how pumped I am for this season! I actually finally get to see some live NHL hockey and we got Brad Richards! I was wondering how it was going to work now, being a Rangers fan and now having the Jets to cheer for, but I've noticed that when I come to this site to check the news, I always check the Rangers board before the Jets board.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:21 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

They'll probably pull the same old **** year after year again, inconsistent scoring, non existent power play, Lundqvist's fluke goals, Gaborik shooting wide on 8 of 10 shots, etc etc. Oh yeah, and Richards will probably struggle to get 15 goals and 50 points. Dubinsky will stop trying because he will have already got himself a huge contract.

Or not?

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
And you call yourself excited... Pathetic.

I feel like this...... : pickle: LETS ****ING GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Flyers fans look like this:

Well played sir

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:29 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Dude..It's only been 4 days into july....and half our forwards are still un-signed....Just how pumped can you possibly get in 90 degree weather?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Xtranova

+1

STOKED! (YEAH I USED THE CAP LOCK!) = Uber excited!

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Zil

It is amazing to read the main board and see all of the morons predicting us either missing the playoffs or finishing in the 7 or 8 spots. People just do not watch the Rangers or have any understanding of their young talent.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I am pretty excited, I cant wait

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:48 PM
RidinwitdaKING

Can't Wait~!

RidinwitdaKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:51 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Amen. I wake up every day thinking, "Holy ****, we signed Brad Richards!", and then I think of the great PP we could have and the great Cup runs this team will have in 2-3 years.
i wake up every day going "Holy ****, we signed a 31 year old player to a nine year contract"

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:11 PM
CheeseDogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
I'm pumped, that's an understatement!! I successfully converted my girl friend who was a canucks fan to a rangers, fan... great success... going to see the Rangers play the Canucks in Vancouver October 18th!! :sta nley:
YEAH BUDDY!!!!! Oct 22nd Edmonton for me!!!!!!!!

CheeseDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:12 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
It is amazing to read the main board and see all of the morons predicting us either missing the playoffs or finishing in the 7 or 8 spots. People just do not watch the Rangers or have any understanding of their young talent.
On the contrary, it's also amazing to read some Ranger fans prediction of us immediately becoming a cup contender due to the Richards signing or any other things this off-season.

I'm happy to have Richards, but this doesn't automatically make us a top-4 seeded team ready to cruise in the playoffs. Typical Ranger fan over hype of a team that has only one (1) cup in the last 60+ years.

I think the Rangers can definitely make a 2nd round appearance this year but I still don't see us defeating the big guns in the East and especially the West. Something else that many people fail to realize is just because a year goes by, it doesn't mean that your young players improve automatically. This isn't NHL 11. There is every chance that they don't succeed as much as they do. Remember when we had "8 potential 20-goal scorers" a few years ago. Give me a break. Nothing ever works out the way it is planned. I know this sounds pessimistic, but people should do themselves a favor and be realistic and possibly hopeful instead of doubtful that they'll be nothing but a Stanley Cup contender.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:17 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Im very excited. It's funny because zero, that's right,ZEEEERO of my friends follow hockey. Even the ones that played in HS or College. None of them follow NHL & only a couple follow the Badgers so all of my NHL talk/banter/discussion comes from the net.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:18 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post

There were Leafs fans before Richards made his decision saying why would he want to go to New York if he wants to play for a young team? Obviously he'd want to play in Toronto then with Schenn and Kadri etc, etc. Then when you explain to them just how young our team is they say, ohhh but you don't have anyone who can play defense.

The problem is Staal-Girardi still get too little respect as a pairing. Absolutely no one outside of Ranger fans seems to understand just how great McDonagh-Sauer looked last year.

Add in the fact that Arty improved again last year and showed flashes of brilliance, Step looked like a stud in just his rookie year, and BR being brought in to center Gabby?

Again, I'm not one for predictions and when I do make them they're usually negative because that's just the type of person I am. But you are absolutely right. Fans of teams outside this organization have absolutely no clue what they're talking about when it comes to commenting on the Rangers. And that's why their opinions are really relevant.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
There were Leafs fans before Richards made his decision saying why would he want to go to New York if he wants to play for a young team? Obviously he'd want to play in Toronto then with Schenn and Kadri etc, etc. Then when you explain to them just how young our team is they say, ohhh but you don't have anyone who can play defense.

The problem is Staal-Girardi still get too little respect as a pairing. Absolutely no one outside of Ranger fans seems to understand just how great McDonagh-Sauer looked last year.

Add in the fact that Arty improved again last year and showed flashes of brilliance, Step looked like a stud in just his rookie year, and BR being brought in to center Gabby?

Again, I'm not one for predictions and when I do make them they're usually negative because that's just the type of person I am. But you are absolutely right. Fans of teams outside this organization have absolutely no clue what they're talking about when it comes to commenting on the Rangers. And that's why their opinions are really relevant.
I can definitely relate to a person like you robruckus, as I am mostly negative as well. But the reason fans of other teams do not realize just how good or how bad a Ranger player really is is because there is probably 1% of hockey fans that actually watch other teams play on a regular basis. Almost nobody can comment accurately unless it's a star player that's easy to follow. Many players go under the radar. Another reason why is because almost every team in the league has their share of Callahan's, Dubinsky's, Girardi's, and even Staal's.

Nobody likes to admit that another fanbase has a player of equal or greater value.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
On the contrary, it's also amazing to read some Ranger fans prediction of us immediately becoming a cup contender due to the Richards signing or any other things this off-season.

I'm happy to have Richards, but this doesn't automatically make us a top-4 seeded team ready to cruise in the playoffs. Typical Ranger fan over hype of a team that has only one (1) cup in the last 60+ years.

I think the Rangers can definitely make a 2nd round appearance this year but I still don't see us defeating the big guns in the East and especially the West. Something else that many people fail to realize is just because a year goes by, it doesn't mean that your young players improve automatically. This isn't NHL 11. There is every chance that they don't succeed as much as they do. Remember when we had "8 potential 20-goal scorers" a few years ago. Give me a break. Nothing ever works out the way it is planned. I know this sounds pessimistic, but people should do themselves a favor and be realistic and possibly hopeful instead of doubtful that they'll be nothing but a Stanley Cup contender.
I agree. I think the BR acquisition is great. I just don't see how over the course of an 82 game schedule how this team is going to be better than the Penguins. I think we SHOULD be better than the Flyers, but I have zero faith in us actually accomplishing that.

This could be a very frustrating season because the expectations are going to be high. I could see this team finishing 5-7 and with 5 or 6 more points than last year and it seeming like a complete disaster.

And I think we're at 70+ years now with just one Cup...

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote