HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 Official San Antonio Rampage Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Me007gold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanpwilliams View Post
Matt Climie was a great AHL signing for us last year, but his young defense and lack of offense later in the season really hurt his record.
Climie is an average AHL goal tender at best. He was made to look great at Texas because of the defense in front of him. Once our good D got injured/traded/released, Climie showed what we was really made of, a career AHL'er. If Montoyas heart was in it when he was playing down here, there is no doubt in my mind he would have been he starter. He(Montoya)felt like he was to good to be playing in the AHL.

Old
07-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Dadonov has plenty of skill to fit on the team. In terms of which line, that could really depend on who he clicks with. Also guys like Hartnell, Versteeg, Kopecky and Bergenheim have all played time on the 3rd line of many teams so dont be surprised if all of them are behind Dadonov on the depth chart. It could be another mistake to waive a guy like Repik but I think if he was gonna make it with us, it would've either already happened or Tallon would've had more trust in him to not feel the need to sign all these wingers.
Your again dreaming about Hartnell

Old
07-03-2011, 10:49 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Climie is an average AHL goal tender at best. He was made to look great at Texas because of the defense in front of him. Once our good D got injured/traded/released, Climie showed what we was really made of, a career AHL'er. If Montoyas heart was in it when he was playing down here, there is no doubt in my mind he would have been he starter. He(Montoya)felt like he was to good to be playing in the AHL.
For the record, Montoya NEVER felt he was "too good" for the AHL. Montoya was crushed when the team got rid of JT, then promptly signed Matt Climie to be the #1. He felt this was "his team" and pretty much checked out when Climie signed.

Not saying it's any better. But that's what happened.

Old
07-03-2011, 11:50 AM
SARampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARampage View Post
Thanks for the update on lines. Couple questions though as I go through these rosters. I don't see Wilson on capgeek yet. Are they expecting him to sign? Usually see kids come up at end of year to play and sign. La Point also (don't see him on capgeek).
Also saw somewhere that Markstrom had an injury that may delay him starting the beginning of the year. Any truth to that? Plus they are offering 2 RFA goalies contracts for next year besides the 2 on the roster (Plante being one of them).
Right now only see 4 as veterans (Yonkman, Kostka, Rallo, Kennedy) am I missing one (maybe Mc Ardle when he resigns)?
Also may need an aggressor/bruiser type player. Of course could use AHL contract for them (we did last year in SA).
Clay Wilson was signed by Calgary yesterday. Is that the same guy your listing?

Old
07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARampage View Post
Thanks for the update on lines. Couple questions though as I go through these rosters. I don't see Wilson on capgeek yet. Are they expecting him to sign? Usually see kids come up at end of year to play and sign. La Point also (don't see him on capgeek).
Also saw somewhere that Markstrom had an injury that may delay him starting the beginning of the year. Any truth to that? Plus they are offering 2 RFA goalies contracts for next year besides the 2 on the roster (Plante being one of them).
Right now only see 4 as veterans (Yonkman, Kostka, Rallo, Kennedy) am I missing one (maybe Mc Ardle when he resigns)?
Also may need an aggressor/bruiser type player. Of course could use AHL contract for them (we did last year in SA).
Interesting, yes Capgeek doesn't show Garrett Wilson signed, but he has been, and will be in San Antonio. He had 46 goals in the OHL last season so I have no reservations about saying he'll be in the AHL. Capgeek has been slacking lately. LaPoint has until 8/15 to sign because he was a college player, but I have a hard time seeing them not signing him. Who knows if he'll be ECHL or AHL but I assume AHL, especially because I made a mistake on the potential roster, Caruso wasn't qualified I believe so he might not be there next year. That would leave Derlyuk, LaPoint, and Comrie battling for two spots in the top 6, for now anyways.

Markstrom had kneee surgery after the end of the season, they thought they could just rehab it without surgery but then decided it was best. But I haven't seen anything about him not being ready for camp, but who knows. Cheverie is probably going to be our ECHL goalie again, unless he beats out Plante in camp, unlikely though. Foster, I don't think they care where he plays at this point considering he couldn't even hold down the starting job in the Central Hockey league. He's probably out of the organization after this season.

McArdle and Cullen are veterans, so that's six. Yeah you guys can use a heavyweight, you still need a 1st line RW too, there's still a couple holes that need to be plugged. Although there's no shortage of middleweight fighters. Check out Duco's PIMs for the last couple years. He's only 5'9" but he's tough as nails. Luciani, Wilson and Jenks also had their fair share of fights in the OHL. McArdle has had several fights per year in the AHL. And Selleck is an unbelievable agitator who will fight anyone, and I mean anyone. He fought Leblond-Letorneau last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Your again dreaming about Hartnell
Yeah, that's the second Panthers fan i've seen say we now have Hartnell on our team. Who's this Hartnell character lol?

Old
07-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Interesting, yes Capgeek doesn't show Garrett Wilson signed, but he has been, and will be in San Antonio. He had 46 goals in the OHL last season so I have no reservations about saying he'll be in the AHL. Capgeek has been slacking lately. LaPoint has until 8/15 to sign because he was a college player, but I have a hard time seeing them not signing him. Who knows if he'll be ECHL or AHL but I assume AHL, especially because I made a mistake on the potential roster, Caruso wasn't qualified I believe so he might not be there next year. That would leave Derlyuk, LaPoint, and Comrie battling for two spots in the top 6, for now anyways.
Um I'm positive Caruso was qualified according to all the news sources. In fact, I have the link from GR that says he was qualified. So plan on Caruso being in San Antonio. I still think we sign Lapoint for at least depth whether he plays for the Rampage or in Cincinnati.
Quote:
Those who got offers: D Michael Caruso, G Marc Cheverie, LW Mike Duco, C Shawn Matthias, LW Kenndal McArdle, G Tyler Plante and C Mike Santorelli
Source: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...mong-them.html
Quote:
Yeah, that's the second Panthers fan i've seen say we now have Hartnell on our team. Who's this Hartnell character lol?
I just love to confuse their names and its easy since both have played for Philly & Nashville, both were drafted #6 overall and both are named Scott.

Old
07-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Um I'm positive Caruso was qualified according to all the news sources. In fact, I have the link from GR that says he was qualified. So plan on Caruso being in San Antonio. I still think we sign Lapoint for at least depth whether he plays for the Rampage or in Cincinnati.
Ok my bad, that might have been partly subconscious wishful thinking on my part also.

Old
07-03-2011, 06:35 PM
jordanpwilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Climie's head wasn't right near the end of the season. One incident in particular, he flipped out on a goal judge and slammed his stick up against the glass after not agreeing with a goal

Old
07-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Erick

Hartnell's been mentioned about three times already. It almost feels like he's a Panther.

Plus, he should be; everytime I watch him play, it seems like he's seeing red.

Old
07-03-2011, 11:46 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
How do you think this team will do?
Hopefully better than Rochester. After developing our prospects of course, my main hope for this season in the minors is that SA can finish higher than Rochester.

Old
07-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Hartnell's been mentioned about three times already. It almost feels like he's a Panther.

Plus, he should be; everytime I watch him play, it seems like he's seeing red.
He's Yormarks' dream acquisition lol.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:06 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
"Four different NHL teams were interested,” said Pych about the affiliation situation. “But Florida wanted to come here."
Nice blog about the Cats-Rampage reunion:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/rampage...page-panthers/

Old
07-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Nice blog about the Cats-Rampage reunion:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/rampage...page-panthers/

You're right it is a nice blog. Here is what I take to be the best part of it.

Quote:
The AHL teams in Norfolk and Rockford all won on Tallon’s watch. And Pych pointed out that arguably the best Rampage team ever, the first one in 2002-2003, was molded by Santos, who has to be a good guy — he’s from Massachusetts and Boston College, excellent hockey pedigree.
Makes me feel like this is going to go well for both teams and that the Panthers have a very bright future in front of them. Especially with the level of talent our current prospects have.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:31 AM
SARampage

Other players have said they enjoyed playing here. Weather same here as in Floriday pretty much. Practice rink not greatest but does the job. AT&T center bigger then most other markets. So crowd noise is heard. Ice get's soft at times, but doable. Of course we get our down night's, everyone does. Were not a big hockey town. But starting to get interest. 8th largest AHL attendance last year. Still dangling the promotion thing, but it's working.
I'm sure we will do our part down here to welcome you all. Good interstate riverary is brewing. So grab the horns on the bull and come along for the ride.

Old
07-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Kennedy-Cullen-Repik (if he clears waivers)
Jenks-Rallo-Hazen
Duco-Timmins-Luciani
G.Wilson-Selleck-McArdle

Yonkman-Kostka
Oberg-Robak
Derlyuk-Caruso
Comrie

Markstrom
Plante

The guys who I believe count as vets are Yonkman, Cullen, & Rallo so there's room to add another AHL vet or 2 even. If Repik gets traded or doesnt clear, that spot would be perfect for an AHL scoring vet (preferably a exempt guy with less than 320 pro games played). That looks like a solid lineup that will make the AHL playoffs if injuries dont derail things too much. Those bottom 2 lines should be pretty entertaining for Rampage fans I'd say too.

Old
07-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Kennedy-Cullen-Repik (if he clears waivers)
Jenks-Rallo-Hazen
Duco-Timmins-Luciani
G.Wilson-Selleck-McArdle

Yonkman-Kostka
Oberg-Robak
Derlyuk-Caruso
Comrie

Markstrom
Plante

The guys who I believe count as vets are Yonkman, Cullen, & Rallo so there's room to add another AHL vet or 2 even. If Repik gets traded or doesnt clear, that spot would be perfect for an AHL scoring vet (preferably a exempt guy with less than 320 pro games played). That looks like a solid lineup that will make the AHL playoffs if injuries dont derail things too much. Those bottom 2 lines should be pretty entertaining for Rampage fans I'd say too.
I have to say that I do believe both McArdle and Wilson will be higher on the depth chart than both Luciani and HAzen...

Old
07-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Coolburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
I have to say that I do believe both McArdle and Wilson will be higher on the depth chart than both Luciani and HAzen...
Both Luciani and Hazen are RWers and Wilson is a LW. And yes I think eventually Wilson will be higher up on the depth chart at LW too but he's not going to be ahead of Kennedy or Jenks right away. Duco has experience and coming off a 20g season so hard to justify putting Wilson ahead of him either right away. McArdle has never produced in a higher role and doubt he'll be changing that. He's better suited to a grinding role whereas Hazen and Luciani are more scorers so thats why they're ahead of him too.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Erick

Considering we're paying Reinprecht, why is he in Germany and not the AHL? He seems like he'd be a good veteran who can produce in San Antonio.

Or does the team in Germany pay him too? Not sure how that works.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Hottubber

Just curious......is Jeff May sticking on the team? - or is he part of the Coyotes?

Old
07-04-2011, 05:09 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Just curious......is Jeff May sticking on the team? - or is he part of the Coyotes?
Jeff May was property of the Coyotes. He was a RFA but was not tendered a QO, so he is now a Unrestricted Free Agent.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Nickel View Post
Jeff May was property of the Coyotes. He was a RFA but was not tendered a QO, so he is now a Unrestricted Free Agent.
thanks. was it because of a log jam at d or simply due to him not playing well?

Old
07-04-2011, 07:44 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
thanks. was it because of a log jam at d or simply due to him not playing well?
He played pretty well. But Phoenix is loaded with young talent on the blue line. I imagine there just wasn't a spot for him.

Old
07-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Considering we're paying Reinprecht, why is he in Germany and not the AHL? He seems like he'd be a good veteran who can produce in San Antonio.

Or does the team in Germany pay him too? Not sure how that works.
With him going to Europe, I'm pretty sure we aren't liable for his salary. If he were in the AHL, we'd have to be paying it.

Old
07-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Acadmus

Lotta travel in this division...

West Division
Abbotsford Heat (CGY)
Houston Aeros (MIN)
Oklahoma City Barons (EDM)
San Antonio Rampage (FLA)
Texas Stars (DAL)

http://sarampage.com/news/index.html?article_id=1413

07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Lotta travel in this division...

West Division
Abbotsford Heat (CGY)
Houston Aeros (MIN)
Oklahoma City Barons (EDM)
San Antonio Rampage (FLA)
Texas Stars (DAL)

http://sarampage.com/news/index.html?article_id=1413
Lotta travel for Abby. Everyone else is within a bus ride. OKC may be a little far by bus, but it's doable.

Houston: 3 hours
Cedar Park: 90 minutes
OKC: 8 hours
Abbotsford: Fly

Closed Thread