HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yandle to the Islanders

Old
07-04-2011, 02:31 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Yandle to the Islanders

We know that the Islanders need a legitimate #2 defenseman to pair with Streit to even begin thinking about the playoffs. Yandle was a name that came up in many on the discussions on the Isles board. So Phoenix fans, what would it take to acquire Yandle from Phoenix?

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:33 PM
LilySmoov

Strome/De Haan + Okposo + goalie prospect?

I'm not even sure why I'm posting as my feelings towards both teams are neutral and my knowledge, limited. But what I do know is Yandle is a goddamned champ and Phoenix needs offense.

LilySmoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
No go for Strome + Okposo.

De Haan + Bailey/Comeau + 2012 1st is the furthest I'll bend for Yandle. Yes Yandle's a great defenseman but I can't see Snow offering anymore than that

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:36 PM
OrangeZebra
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilySmoov View Post

I'm not even sure why I'm posting as my feelings towards both teams are neutral and my knowledge, limited. But what I do know is Yandle is a goddamned champ and Phoenix needs offense.
Well we have lots of goalie prospects I don't really follow Phoenix enough to gage the value of that proposal

OrangeZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilySmoov View Post

de Haan, Bailey and Koskinen, 2012 2nd

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygameworn View Post
de Haan, Bailey and Koskinen, 2012 2nd
Isles do it in a second. Yotes reject it in a second. Change that 2nd to a 1st and you might keep Phoenix on the line. Might.

And, I'm not a Yotes fan, so excuse me. But what's the sense in trading the Isles an underachieving young goalie during the season, to trade for an underachieving goalie prospect (admittedly because of injuries, but that hardly helps) the next offseason?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
No go for Strome + Okposo.

De Haan + Bailey/Comeau + 2012 1st is the furthest I'll bend for Yandle. Yes Yandle's a great defenseman but I can't see Snow offering anymore than that

If Yandle is traded, I'd be surprised if it is for anything better then that. Big name players never get their full value. The Islanders have been a lottery team the last 4 years, that 2012 first rounder has a lot of value in a deep draft. de Haan is an excellent prospect. I think Nelson makes more sense to trade though given PHO has Gormely and OEL and trouble down the middle. Nelson+Bailey+2012 first rounder seems fair to me, IF YANDLE IS BEING TRADED. If he isn't available there is little point in overpaying because then I think your looking at Nino/Strome plus Okposo and at that point you're robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
And, I'm not a Yotes fan, so excuse me. But what's the sense in trading the Isles an underachieving young goalie during the season, to trade for an underachieving goalie prospect (admittedly because of injuries, but that hardly helps) the next offseason?

Cheers,

Dan-o
Bryzgalov is not there anymore. Their goalies are Jason Labarbra (SP?) and McEilhenry (SP?)

At least with a goalie prospect they have something going forward

Old
07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
At least with a goalie prospect they have something going forward
Okay, then. But why would they want Koskinen of our three guys? Wouldn't they demand Poulin?

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
07-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Bailey doesn't address the Coyotes' need for a #1 center and would be behind Turris and Hanzal for young centers on the team. Also don't need de Haan with OEL, Gormley, Murphy, Goncharov, Summers, etc. Don't need a goalie prospect with Visentin, Domingue, Lee.

"Not good trading partners" is a phrase used way too often around here but in this case I think it fits.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Okay, then. But why would they want Koskinen of our three guys? Wouldn't they demand Poulin?

Cheers,

Dan-o
I'm sure they'd want Poulin or Nilsson but that doesn't mean we offer right away lol. Just throw a line out for the groundwork of a deal. No need to show all your cards right off the bat.

Old
07-04-2011, 03:06 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZebra View Post
We know that the Islanders need a legitimate #2 defenseman to pair with Streit to even begin thinking about the playoffs. Yandle was a name that came up in many on the discussions on the Isles board. So Phoenix fans, what would it take to acquire Yandle from Phoenix?
I don't think Yandle is the guy you go after to pair with Streit. I think you need more of a defensive D-man for that pairing.

But it would clearly cost a lot.

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Bailey doesn't address the Coyotes' need for a #1 center and would be behind Turris and Hanzal for young centers on the team. Also don't need de Haan with OEL, Gormley, Murphy, Goncharov, Summers, etc. Don't need a goalie prospect with Visentin, Domingue, Lee.

"Not good trading partners" is a phrase used way too often around here but in this case I think it fits.
Okey dokey, but you've eliminated everyone as trading partners. Nobody is going to trade an #1 NHL center for Yandle. No matter how good Yandle is (and I think he's worth far more than Isles fans are offering), that just won't happen. I'm not averse to including Strome in a deal. But I don't think that's what you're looking for either.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
07-04-2011, 04:24 PM
hskates21*

Can't we just send him an offer sheet?

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskates21 View Post
Can't we just send him an offer sheet?
Snow said he wouldn't do that.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 04:41 PM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:
Isles do it in a second. Yotes reject it in a second. Change that 2nd to a 1st and you might keep Phoenix on the line. Might.

Cheers,

Dan-o

I wouldn't change the 2nd to a 1st, because next years draft is supposed to be better then the last one. Bailey needs a change of scenery and de Haan is almost ready and he has great potential. Koskinen is a decent goalie prospect, he's just too far down on the Islanders' depth chart.

If that proposal doesn't work....

de Haan, Bailey, Parenteau and 2012 2nd and 2012 4th (BUF)

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 05:33 PM
kingbrutis

We need to sell tickets, so trading for prospects wont work. We need a proven C that makes our team better. If we are a lottery team, ticket sales would go from 8K a night to 6. Not good. Loosing ZM and Yandle in back to back years would be crushing.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It just doesnt work.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 06:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
We need to sell tickets, so trading for prospects wont work. We need a proven C that makes our team better. If we are a lottery team, ticket sales would go from 8K a night to 6. Not good. Loosing ZM and Yandle in back to back years would be crushing.
Don't forget Jovo and Bryz!

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Islander Prophet

If we gotta give up a fortune like Phoenix fans seem to ask, I prefer passing on Yandle, we could get a legitimate 1st pair d-man for a lot less (like Bouwmeester)

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Renbarg

Here is the thing:

I don't think the Yotes will be trading what imo is the face of their franchise. And if they do trade him it will cost a TON.

Here's what I would offer (but I think it is not enough to get him):

2012 1st round
2013 1st round
Brock Nelson
And maybe a second tier prospect

or

2012 1st rounder
CDH/Bailey

Renbarg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:01 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Picks, as great as the Islander's will be, do nothing for the Coyotes. They need young NHL players or near-NHL bluechip guys. The only teams that can afford to cough up those types are teams that are currently playoff/contenders each year but have strong farms. Think Boston.

The asking price for Yandle from a rebuilding team would be essentially half the build, so it's not a good fit for a trade.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 10:23 PM
MisterT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post

If Yandle is traded, I'd be surprised if it is for anything better then that. Big name players never get their full value. The Islanders have been a lottery team the last 4 years, that 2012 first rounder has a lot of value in a deep draft. de Haan is an excellent prospect. I think Nelson makes more sense to trade though given PHO has Gormely and OEL and trouble down the middle. Nelson+Bailey+2012 first rounder seems fair to me, IF YANDLE IS BEING TRADED. If he isn't available there is little point in overpaying because then I think your looking at Nino/Strome plus Okposo and at that point you're robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Hey Mr. Vanwinkle, it appears you slept through the Burns trade on draft day so here's a reminderof what it took to get an inferior offensive dmen:

A young proven 30 goal scorer
The top prospect from the acquiring team's prospect pool
A 1st round pick

I tend to think that was "full value". However, I agree that the Islanders should not make this trade as it would just create another weakness in the line-up.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote