HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers sign Jaromir Jagr - 1 year $3.3M

Old
07-04-2011, 10:52 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
He's a good dude, I've always thought highly of Jagr and I resent the generation sid fans who boo him and I'll never forgive the Pittsburgh media for the way they belittled his effort and twisted his words.

I'll be rooting for Jagr, so in a small way...I'll be rooting for the..Flyers, except when they play the Sabres. I wont be rooting for Philly to beat the Pens either, because they are still one of my favorite teams, but I do want to see Jagr rack up the points against them!

Also off topic and I apologize for that, but Holgrim is a GREAT GM. He really gets things done, and he is not afraid to make changes. They are also great at drafting and developing NHL talent, which is the main thing that attracted me to the Sabres organization years ago. Good luck and go Jags (and Mad Max)!
You are welcome to have him as your GM. Unfortunately he stripped this farm system down to nothing, gave picks away like they didn't mean a thing and made some of the stoooopidest trades and signings in the history of hockey. What exactly do you think he did right?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:28 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
You are welcome to have him as your GM. Unfortunately he stripped this farm system down to nothing, gave picks away like they didn't mean a thing and made some of the stoooopidest trades and signings in the history of hockey. What exactly do you think he did right?
Lol He threw away picks on some things sure. But right now we have a playoff caliber team that could probably contend and the average age of our forwards is 23. We have a solid team the Holmgren built himself. We have a top probably 5 goalie in the league, 2 of the best playoff performers in the last 10 years (Pronger Briere). 4 or 5 players under 23 that are expected to be 1st line caliber studs. Along with big role playing wingers that can chip in a good amount of goals as well. With Talbot Betts Nodl as a 4th line we probably have one of the best 4th line checking lines in the league.

You're just bitter because you had an absurd attachment with a player. Hey maybe you are right though, maybe Schenn Couturier and Voracek bust then maybe I agree he didn't do the right thing. Maybe you can look at Walker Shelley and Leighton and say this is the only **** hes done and look what we have to show for it. But that's not going to happen and Shelley Walker and Leighton aren't the only things hes done.

Giroux and JvR were going to be the face of this franchise after they broke out regardless of who our GM was. Richards and Carter weren't traded because homer wanted to they were traded because snider told him to. And I fully support the decision both he and Mr Snider made because apparently there were issues and they were not being resolved so they turned their best 2 assets into multiple great assets that can develop and support our 2 best assets now. He did what he had to do he saw our window closing and just re opened it for years to come.

If Richards and Carter dont win us a cup in the next two years while we ride Bob into the ground expecting him to carry the load the cup window is closed and we go on for another 10 years as either a middle of the pack team wit no shot or a bottom feeder with old washed up veterans and a couple guys in there mid 30s and 2 of the best young players in the league swallowed up by mediocrity.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He's done many more things right than he's done wrong. Remember he got handed the job in 06-07 when this team was awful. He was given a pile of dirt and turned it into gold in one season. His mistakes are usually minor in comparison to his good moves, and with some backing from Snider and Clarke, they understand what the fans want (winning) with what the teams needs (eliminate complacency, grit on the wings, rebuild the prospect pool, strong defense 1-6 OR finally a goalie, etc.) and we have a mix of that this season.

Everyone was rattled by the Richards deal, and some with the Carter deal as well...but that page has turned, it's time to move on.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
livewell68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Q: How do you compare to yourself to when you last played in the NHL?

“I don’t know. You’d have to ask somebody else who saw me years ago and then saw me last month. I don’t know. We’ll have to wait and see.”

Wonderful answer.
Where did you get this from?

livewell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Rexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags6868 View Post
Where did you get this from?
Transcript of his conference call with NA media.

http://nhlhotstove.com/transcript-of...-jaromir-jagr/

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote