HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Barnes on fire

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Evil Chris

vCash: 500
Barnes on fire

two quick goals last night and he's playing like he's 10 years younger.
I hope he has a great year...

Old
10-20-2003, 06:53 AM
Wyvern

I'm just glad Tip is using him, instead of burying him on the 4th line like most of the Stars posters suggested.... what a great asset to the team. You definately want him on the ice more than 10 minutes a game

Old
10-20-2003, 07:11 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

He just plays on the perfect line. Jason Arnott *damn* he looks fine so far, easily our top player this early into the season, I'd go as far and say that he plays like a true powerforward and really looks like he's back to the shape in which he averaged over a ppg 3 years ago. yet I would't say he has a huge share in Barnes succes, as Barnes has been equally as impressive. Add Brenden Morrow, who got quite some jump in his game as well (maybe it's the "A" he's gotten) and you have a line full with some impressive ingredients. Just hope this line remains..

Old
10-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

i know, its insane ;/

Old
10-20-2003, 07:44 AM
-MrBean-

What's funny is, last year when the Stars picked him up, a lot of the fans were whining that he was a bad choice. Me, I was exctatic. I have always loved his play.

Another funny thing, I suggested this line last year when we got him. Those three together make one scrappy line that causes lot's of trouble for opponents.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:17 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Is he 2nd line then?

Old
10-20-2003, 09:40 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
Is he 2nd line then?
The Stars haven't had a true first line in a long time, they just rotate 3 scoring/two way lines equally as valueble. The BAM line has been our best line by a pretty rediculous margain though, so you can call it our urrent 1st if that's what you mean, they get the proper icetime and oppertunities to count as one.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Wyvern

Well, I'll say that until this season Dallas has always had a 1st line, even last season. However I'd say that the Arnott, Barnes, and Morrow line is even with the first line.

Here is some of the ice time for the Stars-Wild game

Modano led all Dallas forwards with 20:23. His usual linemates were Guerin (15:40) and Steve Ott (10:24). Time happered due to the plethora of special teams action in the game.

Stu Barnes had 19:24, Morrow had 18:23 and Arnott 18:00.

Currently the only trio that always seems to stay togeather has been Arnott, Barnes, and Morrow.

Modano, Guerin, and the flavor of the week along with the Arnott trio get the lion's share of the minutes, with the reamining 20 minutes spread out over the other 9 forwards.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern
Well, I'll say that until this season Dallas has always had a 1st line, even last season. However I'd say that the Arnott, Barnes, and Morrow line is even with the first line.

Here is some of the ice time for the Stars-Wild game

Modano led all Dallas forwards with 20:23. His usual linemates were Guerin (15:40) and Steve Ott (10:24). Time happered due to the plethora of special teams action in the game.

Stu Barnes had 19:24, Morrow had 18:23 and Arnott 18:00.

Currently the only trio that always seems to stay togeather has been Arnott, Barnes, and Morrow.

Modano, Guerin, and the flavor of the week along with the Arnott trio get the lion's share of the minutes, with the reamining 20 minutes spread out over the other 9 forwards.
All changes when Lehts returns though.. I just hope Tippet is smart enough to keep the BAM line intact, as he has mentioned in earlier occasions: "if it ain't broken, you don't try hard enough"..

Old
10-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Wyvern

I don't see Tip touching the Arnott, Barnes, Morrow line. They have been too solid, setting the tone for games and out and out dominating the other teams top line.

When Lehts comes back it might not change at all. Modano needs something to get him going, so does Guerin. Lehtinen is probably our best lightning rod (Barnes is a good one as well).

I'd expect Lehtinen to play first line LW once he gets back into the swing of things.

Lehtinen-Modano-Guerin. That will make the top line even better and we might see both the Modano and Guerin lines geting 20+ minutes a game.......

Its the curse of having 10 top 9 forwards....... especially when 5 of those 10 are natural centers.

Closed Thread