HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else still depressed about Boston winning?

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
It pissed me off when I saw chara lift the cup, but I was over it pretty quick.

The habs have a huge advantage on them in stanley cups so that makes it easier to digest. If they were in the lead in that category, it would probably still bother me today, but they aren't even close.
For me, this was the worst. I was watching him lift the cup and kept seeing the Max hit, the roughings after the whistles, the suckerpunches and I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth. Norris caliber my ***. He's Hal Gill with better skating abilities.

Other than that, it didn't bother me that they won. If it isn't the Habs, I don't really care who wins.

Old
07-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Windymind

Bruins

Bruins are a great team. Did they deserve the victory this year? Just for fun of debate with our friends for Boston, a little conspiracy theory:

(1)
Jeremy Jacobs is owner of the Bruins 7 president of NHL (also best friend with NHL president)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jacobs

(2)
Bruins preference treatment
http://learfield.typepad.com/radioio...h-the-nhl.html

(3)
Cambells resigns after a no call game
http://communities.canada.com/thepro...to-ignore.aspx

(4)
Notion of history that things happen:
say it ain't so, Luongo please, say it ain't so
thats not what I want to hear Luongo
ain't I got a right to know
i'm sure they're telling us lies Luongo
please tell us it ain't so

they told us our hero has played his trump card
he doesn't know how to go on
we're clinging to his charm and determined smile
but the good old days are gone,

the image and the empire may be falling apart
the money has goten scarce
one mans word held the country together
but the truth is getting fierce

we pinned our hopes on you Luongo
and they're ruining our show

Old
07-03-2011, 04:40 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
I wouldnt take that puke ever. Plus he would never accept a Habs deal. The hatred goes both ways

Money talks........

For example......Pouliot.........Komi........

Still, it would be a dumb thing to do, for reasons I stated above

Old
07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
For me, this was the worst. I was watching him lift the cup and kept seeing the Max hit, the roughings after the whistles, the suckerpunches and I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth. Norris caliber my ***. He's Hal Gill with better skating abilities.

Other than that, it didn't bother me that they won. If it isn't the Habs, I don't really care who wins.

I'm with you on not caring who wins if it's not the Habs. But, this Bruin win still really stings for some reason. The only thing worse would be watching the Leafs win. I think I would consider suicide at that point.

Other then that i don't care.

Old
07-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Windymind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Depressed is a big word.. but.. I am trying to put it at the back of my mind and forget it ever happened.

What about you guys?

Feel a bit strange. My feeling grew increasingly during the season and I kind of joked about it before the playoffs.

I have loved Boston and the Bruins for decades. I still love them a lot. But can't help throwing this out today... to test the administrator of this forum and see if I'm the only one.

(1)
Jeremy Jacobs is owner of the Bruins 7 president of NHL (also best friend with NHL president)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jacobs

(2)
Bruins preference treatment
http://learfield.typepad.com/radioio...h-the-nhl.html

(3)

(4)
Notion of history that things happen:
thats not what I want to hear Luongo
ain't I got a right to know
i'm sure they're telling us lies Luongo
please tell us it ain't so

they told us our hero has played his trump card
he doesn't know how to go on
we're clinging to his charm and determined smile
but the good old days are gone,

the image and the empire may be falling apart
the money has goten scarce
one mans word held the country together
but the truth is getting fierce

we pinned our hopes on you Luongo
and they're ruining our show

Old
07-03-2011, 04:57 PM
neofury*

I would offersheet him at like 1$ under the next level of compensation just to piss off their management. Then if we land him oh well, we got a solid player for our 3rd line now. Awesome.

Old
07-03-2011, 05:02 PM
andy28

I'd stay away from offersheeting.

I don't want Marchand anyways. He is a good player, but the Habs are too good for that. He has a face that just matches the rest of the Bruins dressing room.

But as for offersheeting anyone, you gotta always remember what goes around comes around. Yeah, yeah, I know that being a nice guy doesn't mean you always get treated nice in return. But no need to be giving another GM an incentive to stick it to ya somehow.

Old
07-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
But no need to be giving another GM an incentive to stick it to ya somehow.
Not just a GM, but all GMs would notice and take note of it..

Old
07-03-2011, 06:24 PM
OneSharpMarble

If we offersheet him and actually get him we will never get to watch this happen again

Looked like he was about to cry.

Old
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Would Marchand even sign an offer-sheet from the Habs?
He would sign it knowing that the Bruins would very likely match it. Its a win win for him.

Old
07-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Clam_Chowder

I'm a hockey fan first and a Habs fan second. I loved Boston's team this year and they deserved to win. So no, I'm not depressed at all that they won.

Old
07-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Habs

I ****ing hate Boston, it still bothers me they won.

Old
07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
SPLBRUIN

Quote:
I would offersheet him at like 1$ under the next level of compensation just to piss off their management. Then if we land him oh well, we got a solid player for our 3rd line now. Awesome.
Actually he would be on no worse then your 2nd line, if he hadn't played on Boston's 4th line for the first 20-25 games and had been given any PP time, he cracks 30 goals easily, and he plays with an edge that none of your top 6 forwards do.

Old
07-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Actually he would be on no worse then your 2nd line, if he hadn't played on Boston's 4th line for the first 20-25 games and had been given any PP time, he cracks 30 goals easily, and he plays with an edge that none of your top 6 forwards do.
Maybe. It's a toss-up. I like Marchand, but I'm not certain he beats out any of Gionta, Cammalleri, Cole or Pacioretty for a top-6 role. Either way, he is indeed a good player. I don't think he plays with more of an edge than any of those players, actually.

Old
07-04-2011, 02:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

no im not.

two reasons. one: the stars aligned in a freaky way for them and that's what you need to win the cup nowadays. and no sane mind can knock what they did.
two: canucks, players and fans, were humongous *****es. to the point where i was almost happy boston won.

that's how much i hate the canucks and their retarded fanbase

Old
07-04-2011, 02:35 AM
guapo23

Why be depressed ? Just like during the lockout the cup was not awarded to any team this year.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:12 AM
bentheprop

I'm not upset that Boston won but I am still upset that Rome got a 4 game suspension in the Stanley Cup finals when Chara got nothing during the regular season. Sure they were different circumstances but both were late hit penalties that caused injury. The hit on Horton was clean just late, he was penalized and thrown out of the game and I think the punishment should have ended there just like it did for Chara after he took out Patches.

Old
07-04-2011, 07:56 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Wierd, for some reason I read ''Anyone else still surprised about Boston winning?'' this time.

I guess this is my true feeling about all this. Probably one of the weakest cup winning teams in a while. Sucks we couldn't score an OT goal...

Old
07-04-2011, 08:58 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Maybe. It's a toss-up. I like Marchand, but I'm not certain he beats out any of Gionta, Cammalleri, Cole or Pacioretty for a top-6 role. Either way, he is indeed a good player. I don't think he plays with more of an edge than any of those players, actually.
By the way, Marchand was drafted AFTER Ryan White... Cal Clutterbuck too.

I'd rather have Marchand or Clutterbuck over White any day.

Old
07-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
By the way, Marchand was drafted AFTER Ryan White... Cal Clutterbuck too.

I'd rather have Marchand or Clutterbuck over White any day.
And Marchand played in the Q, it's not like if they didn't know him or anything.

Old
07-04-2011, 12:54 PM
GrumpyJ
formerly jmiller010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windymind View Post
Feel a bit strange. My feeling grew increasingly during the season and I kind of joked about it before the playoffs.

I have loved Boston and the Bruins for decades. I still love them a lot. But can't help throwing this out today... to test the administrator of this forum and see if I'm the only one.

(3)
This point pisses me off more than any other one. Did any of the people who say this watch the game??? There were maybe one or two plays, on either side, THE ENTIRE GAME that could have been called penalties...the game was nothing but a thrill to watch, but people trying to meet their little agendas use it as ammo to say the league was biased.

Just a shame that such a fantastic game 7, one that was played with such speed, skill, and discipline by both teams, is constantly mentioned by some as "proof" of a conspiracy. Do everyone a favor, and watch that game OBJECTIVELY, and tell me honestly if you think any calls were truly necessary.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:00 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
No way he would want to come to Montreal. Plus we have our own B Marchand in Gallagher. We just need to be patient.
Pff money talks. If Habs offered like 4M$ (not saying they should) he would sign it.

Old
07-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Pleky Roks

I could care less about Boston winning the cup. They got lucky and had a lot of help from Colin Campbell and Mike Murphy!! Jeremy Jacobs, the Bruins owner and Chairman of the board of Governors for the NHL no doubt pulled some strings along the way too. The Bruins got away with a lot of sucker punches and suspensions to help them get to the Cup finals.

The Habs were 1 overtime goal away from beating the Bruins and seeing how the Flyers rolled over, the Habs would have beat them too. Tampa was the most competition for the Bruins and I think the Habs could have beat them.

For the sake of 1 goal, the Habs could have been in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Canucks. We might have had trouble with the Canucks, but who knows....maybe it would have been the Habs winning their 25th Cup.

Old
07-04-2011, 04:25 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
I could care less about Boston winning the cup. They got lucky and had a lot of help from Colin Campbell and Mike Murphy!! Jeremy Jacobs, the Bruins owner and Chairman of the board of Governors for the NHL no doubt pulled some strings along the way too. The Bruins got away with a lot of sucker punches and suspensions to help them get to the Cup finals.

The Habs were 1 overtime goal away from beating the Bruins and seeing how the Flyers rolled over, the Habs would have beat them too. Tampa was the most competition for the Bruins and I think the Habs could have beat them.

For the sake of 1 goal, the Habs could have been in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Canucks. We might have had trouble with the Canucks, but who knows....maybe it would have been the Habs winning their 25th Cup.
The Habs wouldn't have played the Flyers, they would have played the Capitals.

Old
07-04-2011, 11:49 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

marchant is a little ***** who had a reputation of being lazy and ****** teammate, with a ****** attitude to boot (in the juniors). fits with the bruins, wouldn't fit here. im not sweating they didn't draft him

Closed Thread